South-West Astrasian Economic Alliance (SWAEA)
The South-West Astrasian Economic Alliance - SWAEA (Řotsnan: Astarazu Erevēda-Bernā Sanur Sorāsuda - AEBSS, High Astrasian: Zuidwest Astrasische Economische Alliantie - ZWEAE) is an international organization that promotes economic, political and diplomatic cooperation originally between countries in the South-Western part of the Archantan subcontinent of Astrasia. However, countries from other parts of Astrasia are also invited to participate.
A first attempt between countries in the region to establish a similar organization was the South-West-Astrasian Customs Union, which was discussed in the late '60s and early '70s before being abandoned in 1974. New talks from a different point of view were however initiated by the governments of Neo Delta and Řots in the early '90s. SWAEA was subsequently founded in 1996.
The original goal back in 1996 was to promote economic cooperation between the member states by means of lifting trade restrictions. Its purpose later opened up, including topics such as the promotion of free trade and the fluid movement of goods, people, and currency, integrating the countries in Astrasia. The alliance also enphasizes in the commitment by the member states to make the necessary adjustments to their laws in pertinent areas to allow for the strengthening of the integration processes.
- Amsel (full member - 2006)
- Deodeca (full member - 2002)
- Elhádhon (full member - 1997)
- Forrintië (original member - 1996)
- Ismikk (full member - 2006)
- Lezerne (full member - 2001)
- Neo Delta (original member - 1996)
- Randalia (original member - 1996)
- Řots (original member - 1996)
- Triaquia (full member - 2016)
- Vega (full member - 2004)
- Yuris (full member - 2004)
- Cascada (becoming full member - 2017)
- Unesia (becoming full member - 2017)
- Inretsk (associate member - 1996)
- Jørpenilands (associated member - 1996)
The most important institution is the Assembly of Heads of State and Government (Assembly for short), which meets every six months to discuss ongoing issues and takes decisions on proposed regulations.
The daily affairs are taken care of by the SWAEA Secretariat, which is headed by the Secretary General, an official who is nominated by one of the member states (in alphabetical order of their short names in Ingerish1) for one two year term, starting every July. The choice of Secretary General has to be approved by the Assembly.
List of Secretaries General of SWAEA
|1996 - 1998|
|1998 - 2000|
|2000 - 2002|
|2002 - 2004|
|2004 - 2006|
|2006 - 2008|
|2008 - 2010|
|2010 - 2012|
|2012 - 2014|
|2014 - 2016|
|2016 - 2018|
1This means that before this list can be completed, it should be known when member states joined. As soon as the list has been completed, retroactive joining should be avoided, otherwise this list has to be changed (or another reason should be found why the alphabetical order wasn't observed).
- Neo Delta
- List of international organizations
- Eastern Ulethan Organisation of Independent Allies