This the Forum official discussion page for the Castellán collaborative project. Any questions, suggestions, feedback, and discussions will be held here. For more info on the state of the collab, please go to the collab page --Martinawa (talk) 00:31, 9 November 2021 (UTC)
¡Sentíos libres de escribir en Español, si así os sentís más cómodos!
The first stage mapping-wise will be the complete clean-up of the mapping of Castellán. All mapping previous to the setting of the collaborative stage is expected to be removed. The only mapping that will be pre-emptively conserved will be whatever is on the border with Mazan, specially land cover that spans both countries. Coastline is not to be changed either yet.
WARNING: Currently, mass deletions of 10.000 entities or more will mess with the renderer. If you plan on participating on the cleanup of Castellán, please have this into account, and NEVER delete more than 10000 entities at once.
If you have any questions about the cleanup or would want to help on it, please write it here below.
Here we will dicuss and suggest what the Castellán physical geography will look like.
The eastern coastline of Castellán previous to the collab stage resembles too much the real Spanish east coastline shape. For this reason, that section of the coastline will be reworked. If you have any ideas on how to do it, please post them here below.
I had some ideas for the coastline of Eastern Castellán. All of them involve both a new strait to close the "Mediterranean" sea, and new, bigger islands to form an archipelago.
- Proposal one - Northern strait:
- Keep and expand the Mariola Islands from its current position
- Make a strait into the "Mediterranean" in the position of current Escuderos, Takora.
- Keep the Murica peninsula, making it narrower and more prominent (or maybe open it up into an island?)
- Proposal two - Southern strait:
- Cede the Mariola Islands off the territory, creating instead a new, bigger archipelago where Catania used to be.
- Reposition the Murica peninsula further north, making a strait into the Mediterranan next to the Franquese exclave near Vaucargue, Lustria
- Proposal three - Double straits:
- Make the two straits proposed above, although less narrow
- Cede the Mariola Islands, make a new archipelago in the new sea/gulf between the straits
- Keep the Murica cape vestigially
These are rough sketches proposed as concepts and can be discussed further. Personally I like the incorporation of the Mariola Islands on the northern strait alternative. What I definitely have in mind is that Castellán should have bigger islands than it has now, and this is the ideal area for them to be placed.--Martinawa (talk) 18:01, 9 November 2021 (UTC)
- I like all of the proposals but if I remember well the whole point behind Mediterranean Sea was to justify colonisation of other continents by important world powers, namely Franqueterre and Plevia. Marmara or Gibraltar solutions effectively break that plan in pieces. making the Mediterranean functionally similar to the Black Sea. Rustem Pasha (talk) 18:44, 9 November 2021 (UTC)
As we will be working with pretty much a blank canvas, we accept suggestions on how the orography (mountains, rivers, plains, basins, plateaus, etc...) of Castellán should look like. They should have a signifficant degree of independence with whatever the coastline ends up being, and should be rather schematic, as they will be the basis for later development. Like before, please post any suggestions below.
Have tall mountain range between Castellán and Mperiye/Sathriada. This two countries are very different and we should have a border difficult to cross in ancient times. That way we could explain why the countries have so much differences and no influence in each other.