On the map you find the city here .
Before founding of the town there are some houses at the shore of the bay and in the wind-shadow by an island, for fishing people. 1602 Aerwin Swallop founded the city, sheltered by the so called "White Fort". At this time the town-area lay between the Waterfront and the Palisade Street.
After the railway reached Aerwinya in the year 1852 plans are made for a new town with an rectangular street-grid with the Aerwinya Alley and the townhall Street as backbones. In the first step this area reached to the 20th Street. 1881 the area further to the north to Barmbly Hill was incorporated.
... (mtwf) ...
1962 the whole 23nd Street was demolished to make room for the Aerwinya Bypass Trunkroad.
... (mtwf) ...
Aerwinya is target of some important state streets in Oakhill
- OAK-2 from Gilbertville and Orlando
- OAK-7 from the Oxlake area
- OAK-8 from Swordfish Bay and Loine
- OAK-10 from Kings-Bay Ferry, Fort Gumryn and Praddly
- OAK-26 from Bletchley and Parlynn
- OAK-30 is the Aerlynn By-pass as trunk road
- OAK-32 from Natrinia state via Peppermint Cross
1852 the railway from Gilbertville to Aerwinya was opened - later the line was prolongated further to the west thrugh the state of Newlynn to Huntington. Today west of Gilbertville only few trains will serve the line. From Gilbertville via Orlando to Aerwinya the state of Oakhill operated the "Oakhill Main Line" as electric railway with trains dayover all 60 or 90 minutes.
Aerwinya is one of the few towns in the Federal States, where the streetcar-net has survived. 11 lines serve the town, numbered 1 to 11. Last modernisation of the net was in the 2010ies.
1873 the first horsetram was opened through the Aerwinya Alley. As 1896 the electrification was planed, in this main boulevard no overhead-wires are wished. Since 1897 the electric streetcar-lines then run westbound in the Market Street and eastbound in the Creedle Street (now lines 1 to 8). Today lines 1, 2, 3, 6 and 11 from the Westend run through the city and the lines 5 and 7 to 10 terminated in the old town near the waterfront, running to the North or East.
Today this lines are in use:
- 1 = 16.6 km: Preston Beach - Westend - Station - Market Hall - 1000 Trees - Goddefroy Park
- 2 = 00.0 km: Bel Air Hill - Westend - Station - Market Hall - Saranda
- 3 = 00.0 lm: Collins - Station - Market Hall - Flaeming Point - St. George Island
- 4 = 18.2 km: Old Travers - Liberty Street - Townhall - Market Hall - Flaeming Point - Cornett Watch
- 5 = 15.0 km: Cruise Terminal - Market Hall - Venelly Avenue - Zoo
- 6 = 00.0 km: ABC - Westend - Waterfront - Market Hall - Eastern Avenue - Slanderly Hill
- 7 = 17.4 km: Quai - Waterfront - Market Hall - Eastern Avenue - Camp Admiral Butsy
- 8 = 00.0 km: Quai - Waterfront - Market Hall - Gullbear - Flaeming-Point - Greelby
- 9 = 00.0 km: Quai - Waterfront - Townhall - Liberty Street - Vonelly Park
- 10 = 00.0 km: Quai - Waterfront - Station - Townhall - Thousand Trees - Saranda
- 11 = 00.0 km: Linley-Mill - Westend - Station - Townhall - Yellow Beach - Flaeming Point - Talissy