Battle is a city of 186,400 residents located in south-eastern Commonia. While the city is de jure under jurisdiction of the Commonian Confederation, the city is de facto ruled by the Battle City Front (BCF), an anti-Confederation movement that, despite only occupying the city and its immediate surroundings, is gaining significant regional influence.
The city of Battle is divided into a number of administrative districts, each run by a small council that manages local affairs and reports to the mayor-general.
- District 1 consists mainly of the relatively modern and developed city center. It includes the government offices and port, as well being the commercial hub for the city and its surroundings. The population is 6,700 with 8.5% living in poor quality housing.
- District 2 is best known for being home to the University of Battle. The areas around the university are more developed, but some areas of informal housing remain in its southern end. The population is 12,300 with 18.3% living in poor quality housing.
- District 3 is a small, yet densely populated and relatively poor district, though recent slum clearance efforts, and the subsequent construction of thousands of affordable apartments, have reduced the amount of people living in informal housing significantly. The district is also well-known for being home to the Battle Hospital. The population is 9,200 with 45.4% living in poor quality housing.
- District 4 is a relatively poor district, divided by the Battle Freeway which divides the districts more developed north end from the rest of the district. Notable features include the district's large cooperative farm that employs 1200 district residents. The population is 10,800 with 41.2% living in poor quality housing.
- District 5 is a sprawling, highly impoverished district, and struggles with the city's highest violent crime rate due to fighting between incredibly violent and well-armed gangs. The population is 15,800 with 84.3% living in poor quality housing.
- District 6 is among the city's poorest districts, and struggles with crime, addiction, and infectious disease. However, community initiatives by the district's leadership have in the past five years decreased overall crime by 15%, murder by 30%, and increased literacy rates from 65% to nearly 85%. The population is 12,700 with 77.2% living in poor quality housing.
- District 7 is a large district that has benefited greatly from housing initiatives which have halved the number of people living in substandard housing. The district is also notable for being home to the Battle Ingerish School. The population is 13,300 with 33.1% living in poor quality housing.