Capitaline

From OpenGeofiction Encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Capitaline
Overview
OwnerGovernment of St Austell
Area servedSaviso region
Transit typeSuburban and commuter rail
Number of lines11
Number of stationsTBD
Websitewww.capitaline.sa.govt.vd
Operation
Began operation13 February 1984
Operator(s)St Austelline
CharacterAt-grade
Train length3-6 cars
HeadwayPeak hours: 5–10 min.
Off-peak: 10-30 min.
First departureWeekdays: 5:00 am
Weekends: 6:00 am
Last arrivalMon-Thu: 1:30 am
Fri/Sat: 24 hours
Sunday: 2:30 am
Technical
Track gauge1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in) standard gauge
Electrification1,500 V (DC) overhead line

Capitaline is the suburban passenger rail network serving the city of Saviso, St Austell, Vodeo. The network is a hybrid suburban-commuter railway operated by St Austelline, the St Austellian government-owned railway operator, and owned by the St Austellian government. The system is part of the Teal ticketing system.

Lines

All lines begin at Saviso Adelaide station.

Line Calling at Opened Notes
Airport Aslington, Godley, Sudbury, Kendalltown, Prahon, Honeycutt, Ireton, International Terminal, Domestic Terminal, Ingraham, Ellerton, Silverwater 20 August 1998
Asquith Aslington, Godley, Rambaud, Lipton, Redhill, Asquith Bay
Baltic Hills Alexandra Terrace, Oldfield, Alten Road, Fearon, Auchi, Wayford, Adie Park, Carse, Airdrie, Rousay, Brookby, Surbiton, Dornwell, Latrobe, Streatley
Cobalt Island St Kitts, Hadseltlie, Pontefract, Ladnier, Beckinsale, Thurdyne, Sthilldina, Plumhoe, Prospect, Avoca, Raceway, North Beach 3 June 1915 Extension of the former Sthilldina line to Avoca opened in 1997; extension to North Beach opened in 2000.
Eastern Hepburn Street, Brigham, Wellsford, Cranks Bay, Eastlea, Anchorage, Swanport, Enfield 6 October 1878
Navy Hepburn Street, Brigham, Wellsford, Eaton, Padina 18 September 1894 Constructed in 1894 to link the Padina Bay Naval Base to the national railway network. Passenger services ended in 1986 but resumed in 1990.
North Harbour Hepburn Street, Brigham, Wellsford, Cranks Bay, Eastlea, Anchorage, Swanport, Enfield, Camarama, Desmond Point, Kadetoo, Green Hill, Serefe, Tahoce, Sroe, Coralsea, Sel Acri Bay 4 November 1922 Originally terminated at Green Hill, extended to Saviso station with the opening of the Saviso Harbour Bridge in 1949.
Port Saviso Aslington, Godley, Sudbury, Kendalltown, Lansdowne, Jindell, Port Saviso 28 February 1848 The Port Saviso line is the oldest railway line in St Austell.
Queensgate Aslington, Godley, Kendalltown, Lansdowne, Blakeleigh, Cobico, Cunard Bay, Cadness, Cowes, Bicknells Bay, Inaigas, Aberfeldy 6 October 1878
Silverwater Alexandra Terrace, Oldfield, Medbury, Admore Park, Manning, Akehurst, Fyanstown, Ellerton, Silverwater, Arington, Bannarine, Casserres 30 April 1855
Weymouth Aslington, Godley, Sudbury, Kendalltown, Lansdowne, Jindell, Port Saviso, Weymouth, Gillrill, Sorell, Curith, Aifor 1 January 2010 Constructed as part of the West Harbour Transport Corridor project.