| This is a lost country (or other lost place) that no longer exists in OpenGeofiction.
In some cases, articles about lost countries or other lost places may be preserved as a record of someone's creative efforts long ago, but these articles have no bearing on the OpenGeofiction world. DO NOT use the information in these articles in developing histories. These countries are no longer "canon", which means that not only do they no longer exist, but they never existed in OGF history.
|8, -5.785, 170.815|
|United Kingdoms of Chastechek|
and largest city
|• Regional languages||Polish|
|• President||Thomas Mason "Mace" Tyrell|
|• Total||106,581 km2|
|• Estimate (2018)||17,223,980|
|• Per capita||?|
|Currency||Chastechekian Pound (CP)|
|Drives on the||right|
Chastechek, officially United Kingdoms of Chastechek, is a country on Archanta.
Four kingdoms (Bisketerra, Ejarria, Wanoforbi, and Learia) got united by Aurio I, the king of Bisketerra, in 1691. The capital of Bisketerra, Pellsbury, became the capital of the United Kingdoms of Bisketerra. The original kingdom was renamed Centralia due to its central position. Over time, Ejarria's name changed to Ejerria and then to Ehillia due to evolution of the language.
A civil war broke out in 1??? in which Wanoforbi declared independence. Neighboring Wanoforsi allied with Wanoforbi and provided support for the renegade kingdom. In 1???, the Treaty of Haelchester was signed, which recognized Wanoforbi's independence.
In early 2015, a revolution overthrew the king. As such, the country was renamed Chastechek, its capital to Asheborne, and a democracy was established. Matthew Tyrell was elected as the first President. During his administration, he established an open-border system with Rhododactylia. In the election of 2018, Tyrell stated he would not be running for a second term. His brother Thomas Mason, known by his nickname of Mace, was elected to succeed him. Coincidentally, Mace happens to share his name with one of the kings from the popular TV series Chair of Swords, which proved popular with Nationalists.
Five political parties ranging from far-left to far-right exist.
- Socialist Party (far left). Calls for a "true democracy" where laws are proposed by citizens and every citizen can vote on these laws. Supports universal benefits such as free health care; free public education; equal rights for all races, religions, ethnicities, sexual orientations, gender identities, nationalities, political opinions, or occupations; an unbiased judicial system; the abolition of social classes; the right to abortions; etc.
- Democratic Party (center left). Supports many of the Socialist policies, but less radically. Calls for a popular vote for President and other offices.
- Federalist Party (center). True centrists. Finds balance between Democratic and Republican ideas for keeping the country stable. Proposed the current system of mayors choosing the President among themselves while citizens choose mayors, governors, and senators.
- Republican Party (center right). Supports many of the Nationalist policies, but less radically and without the racism, sexism, etc or the dictatorial status. Calls for mayors to choose the senators, who choose the provincial governor. The governors choose a President among themselves. Suspected lobbying by big business.
- Nationalist Party (far right). Strives to "Make Chastechek Great Again" by disenfranchising anyone who isn't a straight white cisgender male, building walls around the western border to stop "illegal immigration" from Wanoforbi and Wanoforsi, reëstablishing border control on the Rhododactylia border, having the President "elect" HIS own successor, and disestablishing the government hierarchy. Some even call for genocide of "undesirable" races.
The government consists of a President elected by city mayors, two senators elected from each province by their people, a Grand Senator for each former kingdom (Centralia, Ehillia, and Learia) chosen by the governors of its provinces, and a Supreme Court whose judges are appointed by the President and approved by the Senate.
Each province has its own governor, councilors, and court, and each city has its own mayor, councilors, and court.
The President serves for four year terms; each senator serves for six years on a two-year rotation; the Grand Senators serve for six years such that one of them has an election every two years in an alternating cycle; and justices serve until they retire, are impeached, or die.
For roads see National roads in Chastechek