Constitution of Eshein
The Eshen constitution ("konstetutyon" in Eshen) is the highest legal document in Eshein and every law, bill, trial and verdict in Eshein must be subjected to the constitution exept of the monarch (not entirely true, see the Second Amendment).
- 1 Parts of the Constitution
- 1.1 Opening
- 1.2 Articles I
- 1.3 Articles II
- 1.4 Articles III
- 1.5 Amendments
- 2 Submission and Approval of Amendments
- 3 Problems With the Constitution
Parts of the Constitution
"Yeyn, diu Eshenen lefen (lefenling) yn (æn) Eshein, broykten (volen) ty kryaten (tykryat) ey parfekt, riktfyl, shtarkfyl unt fray nation (natyon)
unt yeyn zygnietungen unt kryaten dyz konstetyutyon (konstetutyon) vor diu mayktikg land av Eshein"
Ingerish translation: "We, the Eshens living in Eshein, need (want) to create a perfect, rightful, strongful (powerful) and free nation
and [so] we sign and create this constitution for the mighty land (country) of Eshein"
As you can see above, the constitution was written with a lot of mistakes in Eshen grammar and vocabulary and that is because the constitution was written in the middle of the war by Thomas Kluckghongen whose mother tongue was Gaerman and only spoke Eshen without knowing how to write it too well. Therefore, there are many mistakes in the first constitution but these mistakes became a symbol of unity and how a Gaerman speaker did an effort to adjust himself to the language of the kingdom.
Diu Monarkg (The Monarch) - this article says that the monarch is the head of the kingdom and there is no one above him/her in the hierarchy of command.
- The monarch has the power to do everything, even if it's against the rest of the constitution.
- The monarch shall not take any responsebility over his/her criminal actions and cannot be prosecuted.
- If the monarch resigns, he/she chooses their successor. But if the monarch dies before he/she resigns, their first born child (boy or girl) shall take his/her place.
- The monarch is the official head of the military and could start a war or end one. Every soldier needs to swear he'll/she'll give their life for the monarch and country.
- Every Eshen citizen has to swear to the monach on the day he/she gets their ID.
(see the Second Amendment)
Legyslativ Maykt (Legislative Power) -
Diu Natyonal Versemleng (The National Assembly) -
- Offer all kinds of bills (without any limitation) and pass them (with the approval of the Senate).
- The Assembly can impeach the Senate if more than 75% of the Assembly's members lost their trust in it.
Diu Senatt (The Senate) -
- Every law has to be approved by the senate.
- The senate can only approve tax bills and budget bills can't offer them.
- The Senate has to approve the appointment of important positions in the administration such as vice president, supreme court judges, embassadors, ministers, EUOIA governers and AN representetives.
- Only the senate can approve international treaties.
- The Senate can impeach the president (or any other person in important public position) if he/she is suspected of treason, corruption, murder or rape.
Ekseckyo̊tiv Maykt (Executive Power) -
Diu Pro̊sident (The President) - Diu Visepro̊sident
Diu Kabinet (The Cabinet) -
- Agriculture (Landverk)
- Culture (Kultur)
- Defence (Dyfens)
- Education and Sport (Educatyon unt Sport)
- Enviorment (Mælyö) (added in the 5th amendment)
- Finance (Fynans)
- Foreign affairs (Utenland)
- Health (Hylter)
- Industry and Trade (Indastrie unt Handel) (added in the 5th amendment)
- Interior (Ænenland)
- Justice (Yüstis)
- Labour and social affairs (Verk unt Sosyal)
- Science (Sayensen/Visenshaft) (added in the 5th amendment)
- Transport (Transport)(added in the 5th amendment)
Gerikgative Maykt (Judicial Power) -
Administrative division and its effects on the government
- Statehood is irreversible, neither Keswerg nor Atelfain can secede from the kingdom.
- Legislative Branch:
- Each state shall have its own legislature but both of them are obliged to the Folkhergen's laws.
- The State legislature is composed by:
- Staatret- The upper house. Composed by 5 elected members (one from each krayk).
- Ho̊s av Vertretongen- The lower house. Composed by 50 elected members (regardless of the krayks).
- Judicial Branch:
- Each state shall have its own supreme court and the federal supreme court only rules in constitutional matters
- Executive Branch:
- Each state shall have a governor, who is the head of the Staatret and the state cabinet.
Diu Kraykn (The Krayks) - The Krayks are the sub-division to the states. The State of Atelfain is divided into 4 krayks and the state of Keswerg is divided into 3 krayks. (The division was changed in the 4th amendment)
- Legislative Branch:
- Each krayk is obliged to both the Folkhergen's laws and its state's Ho̊s av Vertretongen's laws. The krayks do not have the ability to pass bills and make its own laws.
- Judicial Branch:
- Each krayk shall have its own court house. In case of krays with a high population (500,000+), there shall be low courts for minor offenses and a high court for major offenses.
- Executive Branch:
- Each krayk shall have a Kraykret composed by 5 elected members.
Diu Valen (The Elections) - The elections are divided into two days of elections: The first electiona and the Second elections. The first elections shall be held every 5 years in the 31st of October. The second elections shall be held 2 years after the first elections in the 31ts of March (2.5 years after the first elections).
- President Elections: Every 5 years in the first elections. The percentage of votes each candidate got is the percentage of seats his/her party will get national assembly. Every 0.5% of the votes is one seat in the assembly.
- Senate Elections: Every 5 years in the second elections. Every Eshen vote for one senator and in every krayk, the 5 candidates who got the highest percentage of votes, win a place in the senate.
- Governor Elections: Every 5 years in the Second elections. The percentage of votes each candidate got is the percentage of seats his/her party will get state house of representatives. Every 2% of the votes is one seat in the assembly.
- Staatret Elections: Every 5 years in the first elections. Every Eshen vote for one staatret member and in every krayk, the candidate who got the highest percentage of votes, win a place in the staatret.
- Kraykret Elections: Every 5 years in the second elections.
|The First Elections (31st of October of every year ends with a 0 or a 5)||Second Elections (31st of March of every year ends with a 3 or an 8)|
|President and National Assembly||Senate|
|Staatret||State Governor and State House of Representatives|
National rights and characteristics
Folkerikgten (Human Rights) -
Bo̊rgerrikgten (Civil rights) -
Natyonal Karakteristiken (National Characteristics) -
- Federal Kingdom of Eshein
- Föderal Kunigæn av Eshein
- Föderal Kunigryk av Eshein
- Bundeskönigreich von Eschäjn
- Capital- Deersdon is the capital of Eshein (the First Amendment changes it to New Tyrrin).
- Language- Eshen is the primary language of Eshein and Ingerish and Gaerman are both official languages.
- Military- "Mylitærnal Forsen av Eshein" (MFE) (Martial Forces of Eshein), composed by the 3 forces (Air, Land and Sea), is the only legal and national military.
- Currency- The Toller is the official only currency in Eshein.
- Flag- "The Second Crowner" is the national flag of the kingdom.
- Coat of arms-
- Anthem- The "Yeyner Kunigæn" is the national anthem
Seperatyon av Religion unt Staat (separation of religion and state) - (added in 1986. allowed gay marriage later)
Limits the power of the monarch
Allows women to vote
Changing the Krayk division.
Submission and Approval of Amendments
The amendment has to be submited by the national assembly and has to be approved by the senate. After the senate approval, the amendment has to be approved by the constitutional council, which composed by 5 supreme court judges and the minister of justice. At the end of this process, the president has to sign the amendment or veto it. If the president signes, the amendment valids and if not, it often waites to the next president.
Problems With the Constitution
- The opening sentence,"We, the Eshens living in Eshein..."- By this sentence, Eshens who live outside of Eshein aren't obliged to the constitution therefor are not obliged to the Monarch but when they got their IDs they sworn to the monarch.
- By the Eshen election system, a candidate can be come a senator or a staatreter with even one vote if there isn'r any other candidate who got lower amount of votes.
- The constitution says that Keswerg and Atelfain are the only two states and by that the constitution makes it more problematic expending the territory of the kingdom.