Gobras City Metro
|As Gobras City is in a blue nation, there may be some changes made over time. Some parts of this article, including maps, may be outdated or irrelavent. For discussions on the metro and line alignments, see Talk:OGF:Gobras City|
The RT Gobras City Metro, often referred to in local parlance as the RT-Metro or the Gobras City Metro, is a metropolitan railway system consisting of 29 rapid transit, light rail, commuter rail, tram and people mover lines serving Gobras City, the capital of Gobrassanya, and the immediate surrounding areas. The metro lines (Lines 1 to 9 and U) are operated by the RT-Metro authority, while the other light-rail lines are operated by its subsidiary RT-Connex or other private companies.
The first sections of the metro system, such as the Chanayette Commuter line (today's Line 1) and several other electric tramlines, started operations under various companies in the 1890s. The first rapid transit system in the city, or the Gobras Rapid Transit (GRT), opened in 1922, and subsequently expanded despite financial difficulties. The various tram lines, commuter rails and the GRT were then consolidated into the metro system in the 1960s under the RT-Metro authority, a newly-established government regulating board. The metro has expanded to nine lines and other people mover lines over time. The system is one of the world's longest and mostly-used transit systems, with an estimated annual ridership of 1.3 billion.
In the early years, various rapid transit or commuter lines have been constructed by various rail companies, such as the Chanayette Commuter line (Line 1) by the Great Keena & Chanayette Railway and the Marshall line (Line 6) by the Marshall Central Rail Company. In 1897, the Gobras City government have approved plans for a new underground rapid transit system serving the city. After repeated delays in the project, the first underground system (which will compose of Lines 2, 4 and 5) was completed in 1922, and the Gobras Rapid Transit Company (GRTC) won the bid to operate the system. The system saw limited success due to stiff competition by other rail companies, and limited funding and frequent changing of plans led to delays in expanding the system.
In the 50s, the Gobras City government decided to integrate all rail lines in the city under one system and set up a new regulatory board, the RT-Metro, which will operate all the lines and take charge of the infrastructure under its ownership. The RT-Metro went on to acquire the various transit, commuter and rail lines scattered across the city. The GRTC system was then reorganised into Lines 2, 4 and 5. The RT-Metro went on to solve the plaguing problems the system, such as graffiti, price gouging and poor maintenance by the previous companies. In the 70s and 80s, the operator managed to purchase new rolling stocks and signed a contract with Danhduong Transportation, which then helped reform the system such as the signalling works and better trains.
The system also went on to expand the system, such as the Line 4 extension project, the new airport link Line 3 in 1973 and the fully-automated medium-capacity Line 7 in 1987. A new airport express service was created in 2005 after the creation of new branches for Line 3. The SP monorail then began operations in 2006 and is currently the only line not to be operated by RT-Metro. A pilot project on upgrading the tramlines to a people's mover was made but eventually pushed aside due to limited success.
Lines and routes
|Line||Southern/western terminus||Intermediate route||Northern/eastern terminus||Role||Type||Operated by||Tariff system||Expand map|
|Keena||GSWX - Lamme - Kilometer Square - Chanayétte - Montuwa||South Obenaai||Crosstown||Subway
|GSWX - Lamme - City Depot - Vlanagrooi - Gillkenny||Enalee|
Line 1, formerly the Chanayette Commuter line, is a subway line in Gobras City. It runs in a generally east-west direction, connecting from Keena station in the southeast to South Obennai, with a branch to Enalee from Greenland.
Originally a commuter railway operated by the Great Keena & Chanayette Railway in the 1890s, it became part of the metro when the company sold the line and operations to RT-Metro. The line went on to build the Enalee branch which was completed in 1962. The airport branch, which opened in 1967, seized operations in 1992 due to low passenger traffic and its unpopularity due to its higher premium costs passengers have to pay.
The line continues to use the C1000 and C1004 trains, which are marked for withdrawal and to be replaced by newer rolling stocks in the future. Unlike other trains, the trains are able to run with a maximum of 9 cars, though most of the time only 7 car formations are used. Due to technical difficulties, its signalling system remains semi-automatic, though it has been pledged that the switch to fully automatic will happen by 2022.
|West Meadows||Meeonoa - Jjnov - Pohalashee Grand - Capital Heights||Belta||Crosstown||Subway||RT-Metro||Integrated|
Line 2 is a rapid transit line in Gobras City, Gobrassanya operated by RT-Metro. Coloured dark-green on the rail maps, it currently runs from West Meadows in southwestern Gobras City to Belta in the southeast, via the downtown and Kilometer Square.
Line 2 was constructed as part of the Gobras Rapid Transit Company (GRTC) in 1922, alongside what will be lines 4 and 5. The initial Line 2, or then the Southern Line, ran from Galliantie to City Zoo (the Zoo branch), while line 5, or the Eastern line, ran from GobraFair to Little Ingerland (Ingerland branch). In 1934, the Zoo branch extended to Seltena Creek via East Prado Plains station. The Eastern line extended from Yuiona to Lhatvohg in 1936, while a loop extension was planned to connect Yuinoa to City Zoo; the plan didn't materialise due to possible signalling difficulties.
Following its acquisition by RT-Metro, the lines of the GRTC were operationally reorganised, with Line 2 taking up the Ingerland and Zoo branches. An extension to Sanavir West was completed in 1966, and later to West Meadows in 1972. In 1980, it has been decided to extend line 2 from East Prado to connect to line 8 and Suntrees and cease its operations to Seltena Creek; the SP Development Corporation persuaded the operator to continue a spur service via its developments in the area. The Suntrees extension was completed in 1988, and later to Belta in 1992, making Line 2 to be one of the few lines to serve beyond the city boundaries. The Seltena Creek Branch seized operations in 2006 upon the completion of the SkyPoint Monorail. An extension to serve Omissino Bend is under deliberation.
Like many lines on the subway, the line has recently switched from semi-automatic to fully automated operations. It is served by the R220, R221 and R225 trains, sharing rolling stocks with Line 5, and runs in a six-car formation during peak hours and four-cars during non-peak hours.
|GSWX||City Depot - GobraFair - Setherway||Obenaai Beach||Crosstown||Subway||RT-Metro||Integrated|
Line 3, formerly the Worldport Locale, is a rapid transit line part of the Gobras City Metro operated by RT-Metro. Spanning across Gobras City in an east-west direction, it starts from GSWX in the southeast to Obennai Beach in the west through the downtown.
The eastern part of Line 3 was part of the Obennai Railways commuter service from Pohalashee Grand to Obennai Beach, completed in 1934. It was not yet incorporated into the RT-Metro network and remained under the National Gobras Railways when the railway lines were then given to the national railway operator. In the 1960s, a new airport connection was considered, assigned Line W, and was the first line to be constructed after the mass acquisition of the lines. The Worldport Locale from the Worldport to Kilometer Square was completed in 1973. Ridership was lower than expected, though higher than the Line 1's Worldport branch which saw a huge drop in passenger numbers due to the new line's more direct alignment. Meanwhile, a line coded "Line 9" was being planned from Bai Quarter to Obennai Centre and Obennai Beach via Laguna Square, with plans to take over the Obennai lines from the National Gobras Railways. The idea for an extension to Bai Quarter was scrapped, but the lines were then incorporated in 1976, with Line 3 assigned to serve Pohalashee Grand to Obennai Beach.
In the 1990s, a merger of Lines 3, 9 and W was announced, with a new spur to connect between the existing lines. The spur from Assembly to Convention Centre was completed in 2005, and a new airport express service, initially Line 3X, ran alongside Line 3 and serviced the Pohalashee branch and the Obennai Centre branch. Due to the low demand of passengers using the locale to the airport, the Line 3 locale service is then truncated to serve GSWX and the Obennai beach branch. Meanwhile, Line 3X formally separated in 2009 as Line 9 when a new branch from Luhuo to Tandel was completed.
With Line 9, the line is fully automated and is served by the A14, A15 and A200 trains.
|4||Olympic Lake||Heroes - Monuwali - Quayleeplan - Isaulk - GSWX||Olympic Lake||Circular||Subway||RT-Metro||Integrated|
Line 4 is a rapid transit line part of the Gobras City Metro in Gobras City, Gobrassanya. It runs a loop around the downtown, with Olympic Lake as its terminus for both clockwise and counterclockwise services.
Parts of Line 4 has already been constructed, with the first stretch, as part of the Eastern Line of the GRTC, opening in 1922 from Puerto Geo to Luniper Lake. Another stretch, from Olympic Lake to Jjnov, was completed in 1938 by the Wynot Railway Company. A branch to GSWX was constructed and completed in 1942.
After the mass acquisition of lines by RT-Metro, it was decided to construct a circular loop around the downtown. The line from GSWX to Luniper Lake via Uroobai was completed in stages in the 1970s. In 1978, the terminus of line 4 was moved from Wynot to Olympic Lake due to low demand in the area. The line is currently fully automated and served by the R401 and R407 trains.
|5||Reservation SE||Heroes - Polahashee Grand - UGGC - SkyPoint - Enalee||North Tonamei||Crosstown||Subway||RT-Metro||Integrated|
Line 5 is a Gobras City metro line in Gobras City, Gobrassanya. It runs from Reservation Southeast, goes through the downtown area, to Belta in the southeast.
Line 5 was constructed as part of the Gobras Rapid Transit Company (GRTC) in 1922, alongside what will be lines 2 and 4. The initial Line 5, or the Eastern line, ran from GobraFair to Little Ingerland (Ingerland branch), while or then the Southern Line, ran from Galliantie to City Zoo (the Zoo branch) and even served Luniper Lake. A branch to Reservation Southeast was completed in 1938. Meanwhile, the Great Keena & Chanayette Railway, operating a commuter rail which will be Line 1, constructed a branch from River Bend to the University of Gobrassanya in the 30s, but it was never completed until the mass acquisition of lines by the newly-formed RT-Metro. The GRTC had also made similar plans but are able to only continue the line by branching from the Southern line to Little Mallyore, as they are unable to acquire the tunnels from the GKCR.
After the mass acquisition, the tunnels were completed in 1967, a feat as the tunnels had to be dug underneath the Bosso River. A further extension to Enalee was completed in 1977 and to Soran in 1979. The controversial Tonamei extension was completed in 1983. The line is currently fully automated and served by the R220, R221, R225, R530 trains, sharing similar rolling stocks with Line 2 (except R530), and runs in a six-car formation during peak hours and four-cars during non-peak hours.
Plans were also being made for a possible westwards extension from Reservation Southeast, but it has been said that these will only be implemented when there is sufficient demand for more rails in the area.
|6||Koquino Bend||Capitol Meadows - City Depot - Polahashee Grand - Monuwali||Fort Anah||Crosstown||Subway||RT-Metro||Integrated|
Line 6 is a metro line part of the Gobras City Metro, going in a general north-south direction serving from Konquino Hills in the south to Fort Anah St Charles in the west near the harbour.
Parts of Line 6 were constructed as part of the Marshall Central Rail Company, with the stretch from Gobras City Depot to Fort Anah completed in 1918, making it the first rapid transit rail connection to the area. After the acquisition, the Harbour Service, as it was called, was then assigned 'Line 6'. Separate tracks and tunnels were then constructed from City Depot to Avawoon East, which was completed in 1973. An extension to Konquino Hills them opened in 2006.
The line is coloured brown on the map and is served by the V64, G600 and G600A.
|7||District Line Road||Flea Market - GSWX - Quayleeplan||Sky Point||Tangential||Medium-capacity Subway||RT-Metro||Integrated|
Line 7 is a medium-capacity transit line in Gobras City, Gobrassanya as part of the Gobras City Metro. Connecting from District Line station (the westernmost station in GC) to Sky Point West, its the only line that does not go through the downtown area.
The 'original' Line 7 ran from Isaulk to Gobras City Depot, then part of the Marshall City operated by the Central Railway Company, in 1912. It then extended to Coronado station in 1927 and continued as Line 7 after the RT-Metro acquisition. It ceased its services soon after in 1964 due to low passenger traffic, although there were plans to extend the service to GSWX via Lhatvogh. Meanwhile, there is a separate branch from line 8 that ran from Sky Point West to South Jerrais since 1924. The Lhatvogh plans were revived in 1975 and construction began in 1983. It was then completed in 1987 and was initially number Line 8A, served by four-car R800 trains (later withdrawn in 1992).
The line then became operationally split from Line 8 in 1992 when it extended to Tissons and made into a separate medium-capacity line as Line 7. A further extension to Kinser's End opened in 1997 and the District Line extension was completed in 2014. The line is fully automated and is run by the A74 and A700s. Plans are being made to extend the line to Enalee and take over the Line 1 Enalee branch in the future.
|8||Isyee||Capital Heights - Sky Point - Polahashee Grand - Olympic Lake||Lhatgha Junction||Crosstown||Subway||RT-Metro||Integrated|
Line 8 is a Gobras City subway line running in a general north-south through Gobras City operated by RT-Metro. Coloured Turquoise on the rail map, it serves over 38 stations, running from Yago in the northeast and Isyee to the south.
The first stations on Line 8 from Wynot to Jjonv first opened as part of the Wynot Railway Line in 1938. In the 50s, after the formation of the RT-Metro, there were plans for a rail connection along Marapura Avenue and connecting to Macaris and the southeastern areas of the city, by creating an extension from Line 4. Eventually, a new line, Line 8, was announced connecting from Wynot to Macaris via the city centre. The line then extended to Jaspee via Skypoint in 1957, and then after the acquisition of the Southern Isyee Company, the line extended further to Isyee in 1961. Plans were made for a possible spur to Motor City in the 1990s, but besides adding platforms for the stations on the supposed spur, the plans were aborted due to the developer going bankrupt. Other possible extension proposals include from Yago to Harbison Ford or from Isyee to Amos Hill.
The line has recently switched from semi-automatic to fully automated operations and is served by the G800, G801 and G805 trains, running in a six-car formation during peak hours and four-cars during non-peak hours.
|Worldport||GSWX - City Depot||Obenaai Center||Crosstown||Subway||RT-Metro||Integrated|
Line 9, or the Worldport Express, is a limited-stop rapid transit line serving the airport to Obennai Centre via Pohalashee Grand in Gobras City, Gobrassanya.
The first stages of the line, from Pohalashee Grand to Obennai Centre, was completed in 1934 and part of the Obennai Railways commuter service. It was not yet incorporated into the RT-Metro network and remained under the National Gobras Railways when the railway lines were then given to the national railway operator. A project tentatively labelled "Line 9" was already being planned as part of a planned absorption of the Obennai lines in the 60s, with a possible extension through Laguna Square and the Bai Quarter. While the Bai Quarter extension was scrapped, the Obennai lines were still incorporated in 1976 with Line 9 serving the service from Pohalashee Grand to Obennai Centre. The new airport connection Line W was completed in the 1970s, and the Lines 3, 9 and W were merged as Line 3 in the 90s, with the new express service servicing the Pohalashee branch and the Obennai Centre branch. A branch from along Pohalashee Avenue (Luhuo to Tandel) was completed in 2004 and hence line 3X is then separated as Line 9.
With Line 3, the line is fully automated and is served by the A14, A15 and A200 trains.
|U||WorldPort||GIOT - Arena - Normandie||UGGC||Tangential||Light rail||RT-Metro||Integrated|
Line U, or the University Line, is a light rail connecting the Gobras City WorldPort to the University of Gobrassanya at Goobras City (UGGC) via the Gobrassanya Institute of Technology (GIOT), operated by RT-Metro.
Plans for a line to connect the two universities have been planned in the 1990s when the two universities lobbied for one due to the shuttle buses not being able to effectively connect the two universities. Various proposals including a possible Line 2 branch or the extension of the Worldport branch of Line 1 were considered but concluded to be not feasible. Eventually, a light rail (tramline) was decided, with it taking up the Line 1 branch to the airport. On 3 September 1992, the line U opened.
Considerations are underway to fully upgrade the line to a medium-capacity line after a few tests on the line. A study is also being conducted on the possibility of extending the line from UGGC to Fort Anah.
The RT-Metro authority has officially designated the above lines as 'metro lines', with Line U being the latest inclusion in 2014. With the exception of Line U, the metro services are normally assigned a number instead of a letter.
Fort Anah Tramways
|Line||Location||Southern/western terminus||Intermediate route||Northern/eastern terminus||Role||Type||Operated by||Tariff system||Expand map|
|A||Obenaai||Obenaai Center||Rochambeau||Attikai||Southern branch||Light rail||RT-Connex||Integrated|
|P||Obenaai||Obenaai Center||Rochambeau - Attikai Fields - Orlans Creek Park||Panarivu||Northern branch||Light rail||RT-Connex||Integrated|
|N||Fort Anah||Napstowe||Santa Ruda - Brabard - Fort Anah||Fort Anah Point||Tram||RT-Connex||Integrated|
|W||Fort Anah||Setherway||Chessepake - Saint Charles - Fort Anah||Fort Anah Old Port||Tram||RT-Connex||Integrated|
The Fort Anah Tramways is a network of tramlines (Lines A, P, N and W) serving the northeastern coast of Gobras City. Set up by the Harbour and Fort Company in the 1890s, the first tram lines began service in 1900s, serving from Fort Anah Railway Station to other places such as Fort Anah, the harbour and Cape Adomon. The system continued to expand in the 20s and 30s in the area, and eventually achieved its goal of expanding and serving the Obennai area in 1935. After the company was acquired in the 1960s, the RT-Metro made plans to improve rail connections in the area. As such, some tramlines have to be decommissioned as the new subway and bus lines are more popular and efficient. This resulted in the separation of the system into the Fort Anah System in the west (Lines N and W) and the Obennai Tram System (Lines A and P). The lines of the Tramways include:
- Line A - Serving from Obennai Beach to Attikai
- Line D (defunct) - Served from Fort Anah Railway station to Obennai centre, but was decommissioned later on. Part of the line exists to serve a depot
- Line F (defunct) - Served from Fort Anah Old Port to Cape Adomon, later decommissioned but a tram museum was set up at the former depot
- Line N - Serving from Fort Anah Point to Napstowe
- Line P - Serving from Obennai to Panarivu
- Line W - Serving from Fort Anah Old Port to Setherway Grand Mall
|Line||Location||Southern/western terminus||Intermediate route||Northern/eastern terminus||Role||Type||Operated by||Tariff system||Expand map|
|G||Gobras City||Assembly||Financial District - Gohantown - Commercia||Gallitanie||Radial tram line on Gallitania Avenue||Tram||RT-Connex||Integrated|
Line G, also referred to as Gallitanie Tram Line, is a tram line service from Assembly to Wynot in the northeastern area of Gobras City via Gohantown along Gallitanie Avenue. The tramline is one of the oldest tramlines in the city, being first built in 1899 by the Saehan Construction Company from Gallitanie to Assembly. The tram line then extended towards Concordia in the north in 1905 and then to Vaarbentar in 1907. The company tried to apply for permission to build a loop around the Kilometer Square to extend the line; the Gobrassian Central Electric Company won the bid instead. A new branch to Wynot was completed in 1912 when the operator reused part of its now-defunct rail line as part of the tramline. The line was acquired by the RT-Metro in 1967. Due to low demand, the branch to Vaarbenatar was closed in 1972.
In 1999, the line went through a facelift as part of its 100th anniversary since the line opening. The rolling stock was replaced by the current Danhduong AP700 and later the AP750 in 2004 and the line became fully automated in 2001. There were considerations to merge this line with Line S and K by upgrading the line to a people's mover; nothing has been planned out since the announcement in 2004.
|K||Gobras City||loop||City Depot - Polahashee Grand - Assembly||loop||Kilometer Square loop||People mover
Line K, or the KmSq Connex, is a people's mover transit line in Gobras City, Gobrassanya. As the name suggests, it forms a loop around Kilometer Square in the downtown. The Line connects the various lines around the square at stations such as the Pohashee Grand and Gobras City Depot stations, hence it has seen high passenger traffic as passengers transfer from one line to another at another station across the square. Upgrades such as implementing a three-car formation and newer rolling stocks have helped to address the growing demands of the line.
Originally a tram line part of Line S, the tram line was decommissioned in 1987 when it was decided to upgrade the tram loop to a people's movers to cater to keep up with the demand in the area. The K Line opened in 2001 after repeated delays in construction due to the complex design and space constraints. Barriers were implemented for the viaducts facing the square as part of security measures demanded by the government.
The line is fully automated since its opening and is served by the KQ500 and KQ500A, supplied and manufactured by Danhduong.
|S||Gobras City||Crofton End||Rocktown - Pier - Ooquabar||Gohantown||Tram||RT-Connex||Integrated|
Line S, or Sunstone-Silversands Tram Line, is a tram line in Gobras City, Gobrassanya. It runs an incomplete loop from Gohantown in Ward 14 to Crofton End in the downtown via Prom South.
Line S is one of the oldest transit rails in Gobras City, opening its first stretch from National Library to Prom South (renamed Sunstone Place) in 1902, then operated by the Gobrassian Central Electric Company. It then extended to Gohantown in direct competition against the Saehan Construction Company a year later and managed to extend to operate a loop around Kilometer Square in 1909.
The line then further extended along Harley Avenue to The Towers in 1912, and Ormeo Interchange in 1913. However, with the rising popularity of the new subway system, the company decided to close down its services along those roads in 1943. The line was then absorbed into the RT-Metro upon its acquisition. In 1987, the tram line around Kilometer Square closed to make way for an upgrade to a people's mover system the K line, and hence the line today ends at Crofton End.
The line also went through upgrades in the 1990s, upgrading its rolling stocks and the signalling system. Currently, the tram now shares rolling stock with the Line G. There were considerations to merge this line with Line G and K by upgrading the line to a people's mover; nothing has been planned out since the announcement in 2004.
|R||Gobras City||Crofton End||Culture Museum - Red Shield||Gohantown Main Line||Tram||RT-Connex||Integrated|
Line R, or the Arcois Tram, is a tram line service in Gobras City, Gobrassanya, running from Gohantown to Crofton End via Arcois Avenue. Line R was one of the oldest lines of the system, operated by the Gobrassian Central Electric Company alongside Line S. It used to run to Uletha Promenade and serve Quarter Axian but was truncated to the Gohantown Mainline in 1932 due to low demand.
The above such the various tram or people mover lines in the downtown area that has been operating since the 1890s.
Other light rail lines
|Line||Location||Southern/western terminus||Intermediate route||Northern/eastern terminus||Role||Type||Operated by||Tariff system||Expand map|
|E||Enalee||Metro Center||Enalee south loop||Metro Center||Southern loop||Tram||RT-Connex||Integrated|
Line E, or the Enalee Tram Line, is a tram line service in Enalee, Gobras City, part of the RT-Metro. The tramline, which opened in 1933 by a privately-owned company Enalee Electric, is incorporated into the RT-Metro system in the 1960s. It later went through a refurbishment project in 2001, with newer rolling stocks and being made automated. There are considerations to upgrade it to an automated guideway transit line in 2007 and merge it with the EN Line; nothing has been planned out since the announcement.
|EN||Enalee||Tramonton Park||Enalee north loop||Tramonton Park||People mover||Light rail||RT-Connex||Integrated|
Line EN, or the Enalee North Airtram, is an automated guideway transit line serving Enalee North, Gobras City. The line opened in 2004 as a part of a pilot project on airtrams, upgrading the northern portion of Line E to a people's mover. However, due to its limited success, the plans to upgrade the rest of Line E and merge it into the system has been 'pushed aside'.
|T||Enalee||Therran||Enalee||Enalee North||North-south axis||Tram||RT-Connex||Integrated|
Line T, or the Therran-Tully tramline, is a tram service from Therran to Tully Circus in Gobras City, Gobrassanya. Opened in 1924 by the Great Keena & Chanayette Railway, it was later incorporated into the RT-Metro system in the 1970s.
|M||West Meadows||West Meadows||Broken Palmers - Neetaukeit||Avawoon East||Tram||RT-Connex||Integrated|
Line M, or the Meadows Tram Line, is a tramline from West Meadows to Avawoon East. The tramline is a remnant of a former Meadows Tram system which used to operate in the region by the Meadows Tram Authority until the 1970s, when it was acquired by the RT-Metro. Due to the rising popularity of buses serving parallel to the system, much of the system has been demolished and only this line remained operating. The line is fully automated and served by the Avawoon 800 Tram series.
The above are tramlines that serve other areas in the outskirts of Gobras City, once under various companies but has been consolidated into the system since.
Other lines part of the RT-Metro
The following are other lines that are part of the system, but not under the RT-Metro Authority.
|System||Location||Southern/western terminus||Intermediate route||Northern/eastern terminus||Role||Type||Operated by||Tariff system||Expand map|
|Anah Meadows Airtram
|Anah Meadows||Stonegather Center||Anah Meadows Center||Anah Meadows Station||People mover||Light rail||Anah Meadows Railways||Integrated|
|Lamme||loop||Arena Station - Sportstown - Media City||loop||People mover||Tram||Arena Development Authority||Integrated|
|Cruise Terminal Connector
|Gobras Port||Wóponx Park||Cruise Terminal||People mover||Monorail||CTC Management Corporation||Integrated|
|Carpark 2||Cruise Terminal|
|Sky Point Monorail
|Sky Point||Raceway||East Prado Plains - Sky Point Station||Sky Point Music Hall||People mover||Monorail||SP Development Corporation||Integrated|
|Bangerter Hills Mall||East Prado Plains||Sky Point Parking Towers|
Sky Point Monorail (SP) is a monorail line connecting the various Sky Points attractions from Sky Point station (where it interchanges with Line 5) to Raceway Park&Ride at the south. The SP monorail is operated by SP Development Corporation, one of the few lines part of the RT-Metro system that is not operated by the RT-Metro authority.
After it was decided to extend line 2 from East Prado Plains and ceasing its services to Seltena Creek, the SP Development Corporation decided to start developments for a monorail line. With the approval of the RT-Metro authority, construction of the monorail started in 2003 and completed in 2006. In 2008, Seltena Creek station ceased operations due to low passenger traffic of the station. In 2020, after the new Sky Point Developments at the north, a new northern two-station extension was completed.
|Sanavir||Sanavir Station||Sanavir Lake||Albedeer & Oldwick||People mover||Light rail||Sanavir Green Development Board||Integrated|
|loop||Sanavir Station - Albedeer & Oldwick - Sanavir West||loop|
|Worldport||Long Term Parking (planned)||Worldport||People mover||Light rail||Gobras WorldPort Group||Integrated|
At present, the mass rapid lines of lines 1 through 9 (except 7) run with fixed-length trains of up to 6 or 8 cars. The trains were initially manufactured and produced by local rail companies such as the Avawoon Rail Industries or the Ranelah Gobrassian Transport Incorporated. Since 1992, foreign companies such as Danhduong Transportation Limited and Vehikar has started to take up joint ventures with the local companies, supplying rail designs which led to upgrades of the rolling stocks of the system.
|Name||Supplier||Assigned lines|| Cars
|Service commencement||Withdrawal||Speed Limit|
|C1000||Avawoon Rail Industries||Line 1||7 - 9||1987||Starting from April 2020||100 kilometres per hour (62 mph)|
|CR1500|| Avawoon Rail Industries
& Danhduong Transportation
|2021||N/A||110 kilometres per hour (68 mph)|
|R220-series||Ranelah Transport||Lines 2 & 5||4 - 8||1991||2031||90 kilometres per hour (56 mph)|
& Danhduong Transportation
|R225-series||2003||100 kilometres per hour (62 mph)|
|A14||Ranelah Transport||Lines 3 & 9||6 - 8||1989||Starting from 2023||80 kilometres per hour (50 mph)|
|8||2015||90 kilometres per hour (56 mph)|
|R401-series||Danhduong||Line 4||6 - 7||1988||2024||90 kilometres per hour (56 mph)|
|R407-series||2011||N/A||100 kilometres per hour (62 mph)|
|R530-series||Danhduong||Line 5||6 - 8||2014||100 kilometres per hour (62 mph)|
|V60||Avawoon||Line 6||4 - 6||1977||2024||70 kilometres per hour (43 mph)|
|V64||Ranelah||6||1979||2026||80 kilometres per hour (50 mph)|
|G600||Danhduong||6 - 8||1995||N/A||90 kilometres per hour (56 mph)|
|G600A||6 - 8||1997||100 kilometres per hour (62 mph)|
|A74||Vehikar||Line 7||3 - 4||2003||90 kilometres per hour (56 mph)|
|A74e||2007||100 kilometres per hour (62 mph)|
|4||2011||100 kilometres per hour (62 mph)|
|G800||Danhduong||Line 8||6 - 8||1999||90 kilometres per hour (56 mph)|
|G801||2004||100 kilometres per hour (62 mph)|
Depots and yards
The following lines are served by their respective depots:
|Name (with map link)||Line(s) served||Map||Notes|
|Lines 1 & P, Commuter rail|
|Lines 1, 3, 4, 7 & 9, ML|
|Lines 2 & M|
|Lines 3 & 9||Considerations are being made to expand or move the depot|
|Line 4, ML||A dedicated part of the depot has been leased to RT-Metro for the maintenance of Line 4 trains.|
|Lines 4 & 5|
|Lines 4 & 8|
|Lines 4, 5 & 8|
|Line 5||Meant a temporary maintenance facility; will be moved in the future|
|Line 6||Assembly Plant for Avawoon Rail Industries|
|Line 7||Will be integrated with Ranelah Yard in the future|
|Line 8, ML|
|Lines G, K, R and S|