|Hubs||Vai International Airport|
|Company slogan||Take us through the clouds to the sky!|
|Headquarters||Vai International Airport|
|Key people||Soroi Mikin, CEO|
Guai Airways was founded in 1934 by an Act of National Council and registered as Snet Tangoi io Guai (SA) or Air Link to/for Guai. The airline started using propeller aeroplanes to link Guai to its neighbours. Until 1954 and the opening of the present Vai International Airport, it flew from its mains base of Pirindi Airport in Nikin or from Iīv Airport close to Vai (now Iīv Air Force Base).
Guai Airways acquired its first jet aeroplane (a Watanabe W18) in 1958 and started advising itself as Guai International Airways, a stance that remained until 1988 when, changing for a new livery, only Guai was kept on the body. Subsequent liveries have not brought change to that point. The Watanabe W18 enabling quicker rotations and allowed Guai Airways to open new routes to Tarephia and Uletha and its first direct links to the West Coast of the Federal States. Joining the W18 were TBC short-haul jet aeroplanes that enabled the airline to drastically reduce the number of propeller aeroplanes it then had in its fleet.
In the late 1970s, with the introduction of the MacDougall Graham DG-70, with a far greater capacity than its predecessors, Guai International Airways greatly expanded its network by opening new direct routes to Northern Uletha and Archanta.
In 1988, the airline was partly privatised, the Guaiian State relinquishing 30% of the total shares mainly to Guaiian banks and hedge funds . A second privatisation was undergone in 1994 making the company officially private, the state keeping only 25%, the rest being either directly traded on the stock market or sold to Guai Airways employees.
Since the mid-1960s, Guai Airways has been quite loyal to Watanabe Aerospace that provides the vast majority of its current fleet.
All flights depart from Vai International Airport