- This article is about the capital district and capital city of the Federal States. For the capital of Esterlon, see Huntington or use the disambiguation page.
|14, -37.5829, 157.8806|
|• Federal District||Capital District|
The Capital District is divided in the City of Huntington, the towns of Marysville, Mintington, and Old Huntington, and several smaller villages.
The City of Huntington itself has 1,845,601 inhabitants, and the area is 352.46 sq mi² (or 912.87 km²), with a population density of 5236/mi² (or 2021.8/km²).
To end the discussion about the "real" metropolis of the newly independent Federal States, in 1805, the city of Huntington was founded. The city began near Old Huntington, which was the birthplace of General Huntington himself, and was founded by the grandfather of the general.
The first part of the city was the hexagon, enclosed by the Osaquoya Avenue, Wilthamshire Avenue, Arghenna Avenue, the southern part of the Esplanade, Fermont Avenue and Seneppi Avenue with a riverbridge at Gilliad Avenue. The government of the Federal States of Archanta is concentrated in this hexagon or nearby. A few years later, Newlynn Avenue was built at a point on the hexagon to create the second bridge over the river. In this triangle many of the new inhabitants come from Zylanda or Lorredion, so that this area now is known as "Little Lorredion".
The Kalmish-born architect Charles Cindman designed, as was common in that time, broad avenues out of the town in a straight line to allow people to have a sightline of the soft, hilly landscape. Government offices were built along these avenues, with trees lining the sides of the road. Today, this design allows Huntington to avoid problems that meet other towns with overcrowded traffic.
The next step of urbanization was the quarter on the eastern bank of the river. Nowadays, the area north of Union Station is the main commercial and financial district of Huntington.
The first railway reached Huntington in 1845 with a line from the Grand Lakes. This station lays near the Seneppi Avenue and is now a luxurious shopping mall. The second railway's termimus is on the east side of the river near the Gilliad Bridge, and leads to Stanton. Both stations initialisized the urbanisation of wards 9, 11 and 12. These stations should have been demolished in 1906 when the Union Station was built, but the former became a shopping mall and the latter a museum.
In the 1850s, plans were made for the further expansion of the city, mostly with rectangular street grids. By 1880 the city stretched through the area of wards 1 to 15 and parts of wards 16 to 20. In wards 27 and 28, greater industrial companies made their roots. The older, small zoo of this time is now part of the new President's Home; a new zoo was opened in the south of ward 30.
... more will follow ...
In 1921, the first subway line (now the Red Line) was opened. The most recent line is the Orange Line, which was constructed between 1998 and 2013.
... more will follow ...
Towns and Villages
As capital of the Federal States, the most important central administration departments, the parliament, the senate, and the seat of the president are situated in Huntington.
Roads and Rails
Huntington is connected with 3 motorways: FS-1 (leading to Stanton), FS-21 (traveling along the east coast), and FS-50 (leading to the western FSA).
The first railway line in Huntington was opened in 1845, going 20 km to Marysville, running parallel to Jundah Avenue. (In May 1926, this line was incorporated into the Huntington subway system.) Later, the railway to the Grand Lakes area began near Jundah Place. The station for the railway to Stanton was built near the Gilliad Bridge. In 1906, the Union Railway Station became the central railway station for Huntington. The older stations for the lines to the Great Lakes and Stanton then were closed.
Huntington has a subway-system of six lines (red, green, blue, brown, silver and orange) nicknamed "Huntington Pipeline". The first line was the red line, opened in 1921. For further information, see the special article Huntington Subway. There is also a railway connection from the Union Station to the international airport with stops in between, using the blue or orange subway-line.
- Opera House:  The Opera House was built between 1917 - 1928 with white granite from New Carnaby. It was sponsored by the writer and philanthropist Edmond Richardson (1845 - 1934). The first opera was "The Love of the Butterfly" from well-known FSA composer Arthur de Leen (1878 - 1959). As shown on the map: 
- Dramatic Theater (main theatre of the city) in the "Black Ink" quarter - see 
- Theater Quarter at southern end of Passamqueets Avenue - see 
- Other theatres are located in several quarters of the town
- One Cluster on Seneppi Avenue - see 
- Another popular club can be found in the Uletha Quarter
- Central Museums at Museums Street - see 
- Transportation Museum and Vintage Cars - see 
- History of Huntington and Stanton Railway - see 
- Museum of Eccentric Mathematics - see 
- Arts of the Contemporary - see 
- National Library and National Archive at Triangle - see 
- Huntington Public Library (Locations include Rawlenham, Archfort, ......, and XXX)
Newspapers and Publishers: The "Black Ink" Quarter has its name from this profession. The Huntington News and Daily Telegraph are situated here. In the Track Triangle quarter The Mirror is headquartered. The "Voice Weekly" has its office at Newlynn Avenue in the northern part of the Hexagon.
- The historic site of the first nine presidents - see 
- The .... , home of the president of the FSA - see 
- Grayhorse Inn, oldest guesthouse of the town with a great beergarden - see 
- Huntington Hall, the birthplace of General Huntington in Old Huntington - see 
- Huntington Zoo, one of the greatest in the FSA with a great birdpark - see 
- National Assembly - see 
- Waltmore Hall - first assembly of the congress of the FSA - see 
- Grylster - Oranian quarter for Kuehong, Bai Empire and other Oranian cultures - see 
- Embassies Quarter - Site of various international embassies - see