List of monarchies by type
There are a significant number of monarchies around the OGF-world. These monarchies can vary from a constitutional monarchy, absolute monarchy or a combination of few or several kingdoms that make up a single monarchy.
The following countries are examples of different forms of monarchies:
Constitutional monarchies are monarchies, where powers of the monarch are limited by a constitution. Likewise, parliamentary monarchies where monarch is the head of state and only has ceremonial powers, while a prime minister is the head of the government are also listed here.
- Castilea Archantea
- Demirhanlı Devleti
- New Ingerland
- San Marcos
- South Astrasia
In absolute monarchies, the monarch holds absolute control over the state; parliaments are non-existent or hold only symbolic powers.
Theocracies are states where the head of state is selected by some form of religious hierarchy based on a state religion.
Hybrid monarchies - several monarchs co-ruling together in one nation; dual monarchies(two nations ruled by a monarch)
- Koyatana - semi-constitutional diarchy
- Pasundan-Padjadjaran - constitutional monarchy and a confederation of two kingdoms
- Auleus - confederation of states some of which are monarchies
- Mauretia - often considered a parliamentary constitutional monarchy; the monarch holds executive power in an otherwise republican system
Theological Unitary Constitutional Monarchy - one or some monarchs co-ruling in one nation or in a federation. Typically, they have 1/4 the power of the country. They run religiously.
Federal constitutional monarchies that are composed of federation of states, headed by a monarch as the head of state
Unitary constitutional monarchies are a unitary state ruled by a monarch
References and notes
- Inara is a diarchy, ruled by a King and a Bishop