Featured Wiki Articles (Archive)
|Paxtāren Ärlénéem (SC), known internationally as Paxair and domestically as Paxär is the national carrier of Paxtar. Based on fleet size and passengers flown it is the largest commercial airline in Paxtar. Paxair serves 18 domestic and 61 international destinations from its primary hub in Safrisco, and from its secondary international gateways in Carmeleum and Laengelem. It has over 3,300 weekly departures, and is the exclusive operator of the W40 SST.
Originally formed during the war years, the airline operated as the nationally owned Paxtaren Air Services Company (PÄSC) from 1936 until 1949. After partial privatization in 1949, the government remained the majority shareholder until 1966, and is currently the largest single shareholder with just under 30% ownership.
Paxair is headquartered in Safrisco and is publicly traded on the Safrisco stock exchange.
2018-09-30 and 2015-03-07
|Latina (Ciudad) is the largest city in Latina and the capital of the country. There are 6.345.609 inhabitants (census of 2011). The town was founded in 1489 by the brothers Emilio and Ewaldo Bergez, who sailed into the bight of Latina in 1488. The first settlement was the southern part of the present Barrio # 1 (Ciudad Vejo). Latina (Ciudad) was from the beginning the capital of the colony Latina and from 1824 the capital of the then independent and as republic united former colonies of New Holland and Latina under the name "Latina".
To differentiate the town from the country, the offical name is Latina (Ciudad), but in daily use the people say 'Latina', "la ciudad" (the town) or "la muchdumbre" (the crowd).
2018-08-18 and 2017-05-01
The Socialist Republic of Myrcia (Myrcian: Folcyning Myrcia)) is an island nation which is located in the the Hesperic Ocean (Myrcian: Lagufæsten) off the north-western coast of Uletha. It lies 60mi (110km) west of Scandmark and 80mi (140km) south-west of Ingerland. The country covers around 1,188 sq mi (3,079 km2) with a population of just under 1,000,000 people. The official language is Myrcian but Ingerish and Scandic are also widely spoken.
The modern-day name Myrcia stems from the Myrcian language. The most common etymology states that the name comes from the words mærce (boundary / limit) and ria (island) as the island represented the last, major landmass before the wide Hesperic Ocean. Mercia, as an Ingerisation of the name, has fallen out of use since the Rihtwísness in the early 20th century.
2018-07-01 and 2016-11-01
Football (soccer) is one of the biggest passions of Brasonian people. In 1970, ten football clubs decided to create a national league. These clubs were Atl.Barra (Barra- MR), Atl.Cpo.Verde (Cpo.Verde-RV), Atl.Carioca (Gloria- LR), FC Campos (Campos- OL), FC Campo Verde (Cpo.Verde-RV), Conquistense (Conquista- RV), Desp.Ferroviária (Cpo.Verde-RV), Laranjal (Gloria- LR), Nacional (Baía Azul- OL) and Olimpia FC (Barra- MR). They invited Atl.Campista (Nova Campos- OL) and FC Santiago (Santiago- LR) and played the first edit of Serie A. The first match was FC Campo Verde vs. Olimpia, at Estádio Central, in Campo Verde, June 12th, exactly 68 years later the first match at the country, but it finish 0x0. The first goal of the league was scored only one day after, by Rafael Gomes, when Atl.Carioca won Nacional by 1x0, in Gloria city. This first edition finished with Desportiva Ferroviária as first champion, winning Olimpia by 2x0 in final match. In 1971, an additional 4 clubs were invited, and since then, the Serie A is played by 16 clubs.
Brasonian Serie A is considered one of the best football leagues of the World.
2018-5-19 and 2015-02-22
|Wiwaxmouthe is the capital of Wiwaxia. The city proper has 1.29 million residents and the metro area is 2.1 million. It is the largest city in Wiwaxia, with extensive transportation links including two major train stations, the Wiwax Pargiter International Airport and major highways W301, W331, W341 and R21. Wiwaxmouthe is the seat of government, with both Parliament and the royal palace of Excelsior. It is also home to the country's primary naval base, the Royal Admiralty.
The first settlements at the mouth of the RIver Wiwax date from c. 270. Archeologists have found axe heads and the remains of fires that predate this, but the foundations of several large shelters from c. 270-320 were found during excavations made in the cleanup of contamination on Cog Island in 1977 are acknowledged to be the first permanent settlements in the area.
The first recorded history is of the Abbey of St. Kenelm and the little village that grew up around it, founded c. 1530 originally by Kalmish monks. However, it wasn't until more than a century later when the Ingerish gained a permanent foothold that construction began on the LIttle Mother Palace, which was the true beginning of the city of Wiwaxmouthe. Built for the Ingerish Governor between 1637-1638, the spot for the palace was chosen for its strategic position. Later governors reinforced the palace and also had Wiwax Greatkeep built on the other side of the river, as well as the Great Church. With the safety that the Little Mother Palace and the GreatKeep provided, the village that had sprung up around the palace became a town, expanding towards St. Kenelm Abbey.
2015-06-21 and 2018-4-15
Jän Huuvik Maasriiäs (1761-1829) was a Karolian statesman. He was the first President of unified Karolia, serving from 1803-1811, and is credited with creating a stable democracy and initiating the modernisation of the country.
One of the most well-known historical figures in Karolia, his portrait appears on the reverse of the Kr20 banknote, as well as having Maasriiäs Ot, the central avenue in Säntjana on which the Karolian parliament and ministries are located, named after him. He was voted fifth in a poll of the '50 Greatest Karolians' in 2000.
2015-08-15 and 2018-3-10
The Aloran Airforce is the main air fighting force for the Alora which also includes the country of Takora. This is responsible for the primary air defense of the nation as well as providing primary air offensive and defensive control during military campaigns and wartime. They provide the majority of the airsupport for all other branches of the military. The other branches such as the Navy, Marine Force, Maritime Guard and Army have their own airwings but they offer more of a supplemental mission for the various branches rather than total air superiority as is the case with the Airforce in general. As a result it works closely with the Army in providing the majority of its air defense and offensive operations. While the Navy (which has the second largest aviation division provides its own aircraft and operations especially due to being closely tied to aircraft carriers.
The Aloran Airforce consists of Fixed wing Aircraft (including fighter jets, bombers, cargo planes and personnel carriers), As well as rotary wing aircraft and VTOL/VSTOL airplanes, and unmanned drones. The Airforce conducts operatiosn such as the training of pilots, bombing, aircraft gunnery, avionics and flight navigation, air reconnaissance, flight operations and operates with its own administrative, logistics, and Supply departments. It is complete with its own Welfare and Medical care staff as well.
2018-2-10 and 2015-07-26
Kojo is divided into regions, the so-called Ikis. The city of Pyingshum Pyingshum-sur is inside the Region of Pyingshum, the Pyingshum-Iki, along with other cities such as Kahyuemgúchi and Formajiá. The city is subdivided into administrative districts, the Dengshōs. These divisions are also congruent to the postal-code and telephone-code areas. The Dengshōs in Pyingshum are numbered from 1 to 9, with number 1 being the inner city and the other 8 being situated and counted clockwise from the north around the inner city. Dengshōs are then subdivided into Pangs, which can be compared to wards or city quarters.
2018-1-7 and 2016-03-28
The Pointing Man is a monumental bronze and copper statue located on a small island near the town of Urne in Shadze-Ma. The statue was designed and built by unknown architects. It was found lying in shallow water in the Inner Sound of Shadze-Ma in 1867 and twelve years later, in 1879, it was raised from the seabed. Between 1897 and 1898 it was lifted onto a pedestal with a giant crane in one of the most advanced engineering operations of its era.
The pedestal base it now stands on is formed by a former defensive fortification constructed during the colonial occupation of the islands by Ionadàlba. The island on which the statue stands, formerly known as Eelan Gaivikc (Sand Island) is today known as Eelan Sorkcan (Pedestal Island).
The statue depicts a bearded and naked muscular man with an outstretched arm whose hand points to a distant horizon. His other arm rests on his hip and he is sculpted as if about to step from the pedestal. The statue stands 36 metres from the foot to the top of the head. From the base of the pedestal to the top of the head, the height is 71 metros.
Older Featured Articles