Featured Wiki Articles (Archive)
Exposition Gardens map is the largest park in Lake City. Dating back to 1891, the park was the site of the 1938 Global Exposition. Today, Exposition Gardens is home to the Lake City Zoo, the Lake City Public Market, the Randall Stephens Convention Center, and four of Lake City’s six professional sports teams.
The park is generally bounded by the Lake City Union Railroad tracks to the north; 2nd Avenue to the west; Quincy Street to the south; and Trinity Avenue, North Street, and 10th Avenue to the east. The Lake City Zoo is located in the northwestern corner of Exposition Gardens, with the Randall Stephens Convention Center stretching across the middle of the park and the professional sporting facilities in the southern half of the park. The abandoned Exposition Transportation Building is located in the northeast corner of the park. Lake County General Hospital is located just east of Exposition Gardens.
Landstede Geleórednes Dunwic (LGD) (Ingerish: Dunwic Regional Transport (DRT)) is the primary operator of public transport services in Dunwic and Ceasternisc Bernica. Dunwic Burhcounsil owns 70% of LGD with the other 30% being divided between the other councils which make up Ceasternisc Bernica. The annual budget and policy direction of transport in the area is debated and passed by the Ceasternisc Counsil and LGD is ultimately accountable to them.
When Dunwic Regional Transport was nationalised in 1994 it was purchased in its entirety by Dunwic Burhcounsil. Initially policy and governance decisions were made entirely by Dunwic government despite LGD's systems expanding across much of Ceasternisc Bernica. In 2000 30% of LGD was sold off to the eardcounsils which make up Ceasternisc Bernica and governance of LGD was moved from Dunwic's city government to the Ceasternisc Counsil which only meets twice a year but covers most of the metropolitan area. Currently the budget and major policy decisions are decided at the full counsil meetings and smaller decisions are ratified at weekly meetings of the Ceasternisc Counsil's transport committee.
Vodeo is a country in central Tarephia. The nation consists of ten provinces while the capital and largest city is Saviso. Other major metropolitan areas include Holme, Gerrise, Avington, Silverton, and Welson. It is bordered by Serkan to the north, Denta to the south-west, Dania to the south, and the island nations of Promissão, Carpatia, and Ncadézaz to the east. The country's population of 33.8 million is mostly urbanised, with a majority of people living in the coastal cities.
Various native tribes had inhabited equatorial Tarephia for thousands of years prior to Ulethan colonisation. Castellan was the first to colonise the area around the turn of the 16th century, followed by Rhysiogan settlers in 1594. In 1616, Ingerland took possession of New Cambria; over the following century it and its sister colony, St Austell became major producers of sugar, coffee, tea, tobacco, fruit, and cocoa. The two colonies became independent of Ingerland in 1725 and formed a confederation under the name of Equatorial Tarephia, however economic and political concerns saw the two merged into the Dominion of Vodeo on April 21, 1760 in a process known as Consolidation. From the mid-19th century, Vodeo became a major industrial power in Tarephia, and in the 20th century also became one of the world's most important centres of finance and technology.
2020-01-03 and 2016-02-18
The mythology of the area comprising modern Karolia dates back at least to the second century BC. Although there are many different versions of individual myths and characters throughout the country, all broadly feature the same stories, gods and human actors.
The Kyori culture has its own myths in addition to the Karolian ones.
The majority of myths extant today originate from the bardic tradition of the third to ninth centuries AD. The tales were written in poetic and prose forms and seem to have been performed as entertainment at gatherings and around shamanistic rituals. It appears that performances of certain tales were thought to facilitate contact with the ancestors and reveal hidden knowledge. The bards were thus highly respected in society and could expect to be given food and shelter in exchange for their performances. Knowledge of the stories and in particular how to accompany oneself on the harp was a closely guarded secret and would only be shared with apprentices.
Older Featured Articles