This page is intended to help in the development of a shared global history.
The table below illustrates political alignments of countries in the 20th century. When adding your country to the table consider the following:
democracy or dictatorship?
- is your government system democratic or autocratic? (i.e. democracy or dictatorship). Autocratic governments can have previously been elected; de-facto autocracies should be entered as 'dictatorship'.
- is your country a constitutional or absolute monarchy? Absolute monarchies, whereby a ruler (often hereditary) has absolute or near-absolute power should be entered as 'dictatorship'. Constitutional or parliamentary monarchies (with e.g. a Prime Minister) are likely to be democracies.
- is your country a one party state, where one political party controls politics to the exclusion of other parties or factions? One party states should be entered as 'dictatorship'.
- does your country have a benign dictator or is it subject to a 'dictablanda'? - still, 'dictatorship'.
- is your government elected by some or all of the population? Countries with suffrage of a majority of the population should be entered as 'democracy' (and the arguments about the remainder of the population can follow). If minority suffrage then 'other' or possibly 'dictatorship'.
- Countries in a state of civil war, with no practical government or with other 'unusual' systems should be entered as 'anarchy/other'.
left- or right-leaning?
- if your country focusses more on equality, income distribution and state intervention, go for 'left-leaning'.
- if your country focusses on the rights of the individual and economic freedom, go for 'right-leaning'.
- others, or not strongly either way, 'centrist'.
- from fall of Franqueterre to 1900.
- Lairdship o'Ionadàlba
- Commonia under Chiano Lu
- Explanation of Kėzėpölān here
- Explanation of Ūdzđąnąrąt here
- Woolonian socialism grows 1912 in response to rapid modernization, common man movement
- Commonia under Chiano Lu
- Paroyan Civil War (1911-1918), government dismissed, anarchy republic
- Commonia under Chiano Lu
- Pretanic Faction State Traditionalist movement officially breaks away from Pretany, 1939, transforms into AngSoc (Antigoan Socialism) regime.
- Commonia under Chiano Lu
- Anarchy after the Antharian fascist regime surrendered in 1925
- Traditionalist movement unofficially breaks off of Woolonia
- Pretany makes massive shift to the left, strong socialist policies and dissolves it's monarchical powers to a constitution and parliament to prevent future uprisings.
- Khaiwoon independence, 1934
- Ionadàlban Civil War, 1934-42
- Third Paroyan Civil War (1953-1961), some anarchistic states
- Elhadia independence, 1956
- Calliesanyo's power shifts to center as a reaction to the Great War and the end of the Colonial Empire
- 1967 military coup and transformation into stratocracy
- Woolonian socialist dictatorship thrown from power, democratic election of 1978
- Onnutu independence, 1978
- In mid 90's the Centrist Party loses it's relevance, since then the right-leaning Shilesian Conservatives have been dominating the politics.
- Woolonia retains socialist tendencies but moves toward a social democracy model from pure socialism in 1984, new constitution
- Since 1985
- Suvuma independence, 1973
The list is intended as another way to identify possible 20th century powerblocks in OGF. Colonies, ideological alignments and government systems can be included. You may also want to refer to 'rogue leaders' or 'mutual defense treaties' in the notes column. The column for ownership is intended to facilitate co-operation to develop a shared history. Please add you country to the page.
Bear in mind this is an overview table & keep notes to a minimum - or add notes at the bottom (as for Ionadàlba).
|Country||Current government (2016)||Colonial history C20th||Grouping (& dates?)||Notes||OGF owner|
|Territorial claims overseas/colonial power? (& related colony, if applicable)||Colony of somewhere? (& related colonial power, if applicable)||Left(Communist/socialist)||FFI (Fascist)||Alliance (Democratic - anti-fascist)|
|Abrilleron||Unitary parliamentary republic||No||Ingerland (time TBD)||Left-leaning since the start of modern government.||No||?||_zM|
|Antharia||Federal semi-presidential republic||late 19th century - 1925: Tupom (Neo Delta); Baleia, Cabo do Sul (Brasonia); Ferreiras (Yuris)||Governed between 1925-1942 by Suria, *, Egani, and *, de jure a neo-colonial territory||Light tendencies towards socialism between 1950-1980||Between 1921-1925, under the dictatorship of Jean Gheorghe-Barraca.||Since 1943 a strong democratic country with many initiations to stop fascism inside and outside the country borders.||Ruled between 1921 and 1925 by fascist dictator Jean Gheorghe-Barraca, then after surrender occupied by neighboring countries, reconstitution in 1943 under the condition of staying a democratic country||Stjur|
|Arataran||Socialist democratic republic ||No||No||One-party state until 1985||No||No||Dictatorship 1911-1931 following revolution and civil war, one-party socialist state until 1985.||Sarepava[]|
|Ardisphere||Social Democratic Semi-Presidential||No||No||No - but see notes||No||Yes||Historically a kind of "third way" country, "non-aligned" but strongly anti-fascist with socialist sympathies especially 1930-1950s.||Luciano|
|Ataraxia||Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy||Yes - Akinyaka, Commonia||No||No||Slightly - Early 20th Century||No||Limited suffrage through 'Civilian Service' until democratization reforms from 1960s.||dono87|
|Balam-Utz||Democratic Federal Republic||No, but the federal government rules over an autonomous territory (Olacconia) as a protectorate||Former Castellanense puppet and allied country (1955-1975)||Yes, in 3 federal states, Olacconia and 3/4 of federal congress||No||Yes, in 3 federal states, 1 territory and the national Government||Since 1970s there freedom of political ideologies, with the exception of fascism and racial extremism||anakes|
|Beaumontan|| Federal Republic
|Possibly - depends on the status of OGF:Sandbox/Franqueterre||No||Yes (single party state), until 1900||Yes, starting from 1900||No||Socilaist from 1900-1975, then moved to centrist-right democracy from 1980 onwards.||Trombonist2003|
|Cernou||Democratic parliamentary republic||No||No, but heavily dependent on Wesmandy||Yes (1937-46)||No||No||Mini-state. Most Diplomatic relations handled by Wesmandy||Pawl|
|Demirhanlı Devleti||Parliamentary monarchy||No||No||No||Yes, between 1963 and 1991 (under Faşist III. Süleyman rule)||No||Current sultan and his father returned to more centrist rule but some elements of fascist ideology still exist (like personal cult and militarizastion of society).||Rustem Pasha|
|Drabantia||Parliamentary republic||No||No||Slightly (leftist government in 1940s - 1960s)||No||Slightly||Stable democracy, slightly leftist.||Eklas|
|Elhadia||Democratic republic||No||Colony of Karolia (commonwealth from 1878, independence 1956)||No||No||No||Dictatorship 1975-1986||Community territory administered by Sarepava[]|
|Eshein||Semi-presidential constitutional monarchy||No||Former Ingerish colony||No||No||Yes||IFGUS|
|Freedemia||Democratic Republic||No||Former Ingerish colony||No||No||Slightly||Pacifist nation, likely to take the side of democracy/antifacism and to cut relations with any anti-democracy irritators but would not have participated in any actual warfare.||Ernestpcosby []|
|Ionadàlba||Democratic constitutional monarchy||Yes - (minor colonial power - countries TBD)||No||No - but see ||Yes - fascist c1930-1950||No||Fascist dictatorship following Ionadàlban Civil War||Udilugbuldigu (Udi)|
|Karolia||Federal democratic republic||Minor colonial power - Elhadia (& territorial enclaves in Darcodia and Ispelia)||No||No||No||Yes, anti-fascist, pro-democracy and international co-operation.||Semi-independent state of Kyor is considered a 'colony' by separatist parties. Part of KAMDIV area.||Sarepava[]|
|Kojo||Unitary democratic republic||No||No||No||No||Slightly||Democracy since 1834. Since middle 20th century social-democratic leaning, but no strong block alignment.||Leowezy|
|Kuehong||Federal Parliamentary Stratocracy||No||Former Bai colony (1500s-1922), some towns were also controlled by Ingerland, Floresecnta and Karolia.||Yes, former West Kuehong (50s to 60s)||Slightly rightist||Yes, but not so democratic as said by observers||Since 1970s, Kuehong has been under constant military rule.||zhenkang|
|Kushya||Unitary semi-presidential republic||No||No||Socialist during the Military Order of 1980||During Hamid Celal's reign (1928-1940)||Since the 1940's, Kusiye has been formally democratic||theruler|
|Mauretia||Parliamentary monarchy||No; had been a minor one in preceding centuries.||No||No, anti-socialist and anti-totalitarian||No, anti-fascist and anti-totalitarian||Slightly; Moderately Ulethoskeptic and decidedly neutral||Highly against authoritarianism and takes pride in the balance between the monarch and parliament.||Alessa|
|Mecyna||Democratic republic||No||Former Latinian & Zylandian influence||No||No||Yes||Successful former colony with economic power.||Collaborative territory|
|Myrcia||Constitutional monarchy - parliamentary democracy||No||No||No - but see ||No||Yes||A small player in global politics, monarchy gradually relinquished power to parliament during 1920s and 1930s.||Myrcia (Adam)|
|Neo Delta||Presidential Social Democratic||Yes - (late minor colonial interests in the 20th century including Brugas)||No||No, but strongly socialist.||No||Yes||Strongly anti-fascist with socialist sympathies, but arguing for regional leadership and greater global influence.||deltanz[]|
|North Glaster||Parliamentary Republic||Yes, Beaker Islands and Isle of Mealle||Former Ingerish colony||Loosely aligned, moderate socialist||No||No (?)||Conflicts with Wyster over local disputed islands. Glaster Socialist Party very popular during the time, however Glaster remained democratic. Failed communist revolution in 1944.||[Yuanls]|
|Paroy||Federal democratic republic||No||Former Ingerish colony||No - but see ||No||Yes||Democracy, focused on global politics, with a minority of (radical) anarchistic ideologists.||PortCal|
|Pretany||Federal Monarchy||No||Partially Former Ingerish Penal colony||No, but strongly socialist.||No||Yes||Federal Monarchy, A large player in global politics, monarchy relinquished most power to a constitution and parliament in 1945 after Pretanic Faction State broke away. Monarchy was bound to minor Constitution since 1378.||[BHJ867]|
|Rogolnika||Federal Parliamentary Republic||No||No||No||Yes (1965-1979)||Yes (since 1982)||Authoritarian dictatorship, followed by a 3-year benevolent military rule. Currently a democratic and non-aligned country.||Boge|
|Kalisaanyo||Constitutional Monarchy, Federal Parliamentary Democracy||Yes - (colonies)||No||No, strongly socialist||No||No||Historically territorial and imperialist nation. Strong military culture, unlikely to enter into alliances. Militarism has diminished since the 50s/60s, but still remains prevalent.||Reece202|
|Wesmandy||Constitutional monarchy, Parliamentary democracy||Maybe minor colonial power (TBD)||No||Maybe yes mid-century (TBD)||No||Yes||Pawl|
|Woolonia||Democratic constitutional monarchy||No||No||Yes (1920s-1980s) ||No||No - but see ||Largely socialist from 1920's to 1980's||Ernestpcosby[]|
- Arataran is currently a de facto free-market economy
- The Republic was born and democratic elections were held.
- Although Demirhanlı Devleti has functional parliament and free elections, the constitution de facto grants sultan nearly absolute power if only he would take it (what happened twice: in years 1882-1885 and in 1963)
- Soviet of Stachen and other parts of Ionadàlba under communist rule 1934-41
- Mauretia may best be classified as a democratic parliamentary monarchy, because power is split between the elected parliament and the monarch with checks to prevent one from ever dominating the other.
- Myrcia: strongly anti-fascist with strong socialist/communist movements 1940s-present
- Paroy: Strong anarchism and partly socialism in the 1930's, nowadays still radical anarchism groups
- Woolonia: full monarchy before 1910, Traditionalist rebels vs modernist main party 1910's-Woolonian Civil War (2014), largely socialist from 1920's to 1980's (Socialist party in power until 1980's) Eventually became more democratic in an effort to rebuild.
- Woolonia: democratic since 1980s