Shuh Polymer Plastics
|Shuh Polymer Plastics|
|Headquarters||Gobras City, Gobrassanya|
|Key People||Ezra Lo, CEO|
|Operating Income||US$ 4bn|
|Number of employees||69,000|
Shuh Polymer Plastics (SPP) is a multi-national plastics manufacturing conglomerate which has been producing polymer plastics commercially since 1934. With a turnover of >30bn US$ 2015 it is one of the largest chemical companies in the world.
SPP was established in Gobrassanya in 1934 by Azel Shuh. In 1934 Shuh submitted patents for a number of synthetic polymers, including neoprene, nylon, polyvinyl chloride (PVC or vinyl), polystyrene, polyethylene, and polypropylene. The company started production in June 1934 and was in commercial production by September 1934. In 1936 Shuh submitted the first patent for a plastic bag and began production later that year.
Through the 1930s and 1940s SPP diversified into producing a wide range of plastics, paints and petrochemicals.
By 1947 SPP was the largest chemical company in Gobrassanya. On his death in 1967 Shuh was one of the world’s richest people; he bequeathed most of his estate to Academic Support International.
SPP facilities are located in the docks area of Gobras City.