Note: Many placenames soon are undefined or may be change in the future, as the mapping of the town grows with greater progress
The subway-net of Stanton is one of the longest in the world with a length of 919.7 km ( 571.5 miles) and with 25 lines. The first line of the modern subway opened in 1908 under Stanton's Central Avenue (now part of lines 3 and 4). Often in the outer suburbs of the town older railway-lines are upgraded and incorporated to the subway-net. Many of the longer lines offered an express-service with addidional tracks.
The subway-net menwhile is city-owned. The main office is at Goose Bay Avenue in Bruchlinie.
- 1 History
- 2 List of lines
- 3 Subway yards, Trains, Service and Fare
- 4 Knotpoints
- 5 Special Features
- 6 The SWC (Stanton Warwick Connector)
The first urbanization outside the boundaries of the hubs (Bruchlinie, Manheart and Southside) took place beginning in the 1850s with the construction of railway lines in the woods, and through fields or farmland. Horse-trams would be introduced on these routes beginning in the 1860s. In the late 1870s and 1880s, real estate prices decreased, allowing the rapid urbanization of suburbs.
In Bruchlinie exist no suburban railway lines, because the rails make a great bow via Bronzeville and Astera. Therefore Elevated railway lines such as the BEL in Bruchlinie (Bruchlinie Elevated Lines) could now allow greater volume and more reliable service at newly constructed lines. These lines began with a loop at Sand Street near the ferry to Manheart, and had a knotpoint at Smithwick Junction to allow for connections to Northeastern and Northwestern municipalities. This enabled passengers to leave crowded residencies in the older city for better housing and a decrease in transportation headway to commute to work. The investors of the BEL amassed a large amount of money from the increased cost of real estate and a hike in the fare for the elevated train of Bruchlinie. This company 1908 has 8 lines in use, numbred from 1 to 7 and 9. Til the electrification this lines operated with steam powered locomotives (see green lines in the graphic).
Next company was the SSE (South Side Elevated - red lines on the graphic) with a main line at the southside of Manheart, spreading out in different suburbs in the west. Some older railways are incorporatd in the system. Lines 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6 terminated at the ferrry in eastern Manheart, but line 5 connected Bronzeville via the Southern Station with Ann'harbor. At the northern side of Manheart the ART (Astera Rail Transportation - blue lines on the graphic) offers three lines A, B and C (now parts of lines 5, 6 and 8) to Astera and in the northeast to Last Penny, Anderson Point and Flatland Bow.
After opening the Southside Bridge in the year 1886 the WRR (Weybirton Rurual Railway - purple lines on the graphoc) claims the two tracks in the middle of the bridge for a service from Downtown Manheart via Southern Station in several suburbs in the southwest. Most of the tracks are former railway tracks to the southern Station. With the WRR first come in use a fast connecton to the southern Station and the Southside Borough. The WRR-lines are named from "P" to "T".
This line-numbers and line-letters since 1899 was given from the town council, to have more clearness, which train you shall take.
1898 the first test are undertaken with electric power at this elevated lines at the WRR. Small electric locomotives with overhead wire like streetcars work then on the rails instead of the former steam locomotive. This was changed line for line since 1904 for multiple-unit traction. As 1908 the first subway under the Central Avenue was opened, this changing of traction on the elevated lines still was in progress and some of the elevated lines run still then with steam power.
The CAS (Central Avenue Subway)
Too as electric powered lines, this elevated railways are loud, dirty and - as many people say - ugly too and give too much shadow. On the central island, the heart of the town, it should be more clean, nice and clear. As in other towns like Tarott, Khaiwoon or Latina an underground net of metro-lines are planed, here called "subways".
First line open was 1908 along the Central Avenue, where no elevated line was allowed in the past. Starting with a loop from East Ferry and then at City Hall with four tracks via Ingerish Square and the new Union Station at 41th Street in a first step the line ended at the 100th street. From the beginning the express-trains stop only at 100th, 68th, 41th, 19th and 1st Street. The new CAS (Central Avenue Subway) operated this line (now part of lines 3 and 4).
In the same year the line was prolongated to Ortolan Square, from where later the local-branch run to the west to Lavender Hill and the express-branch in northwestern direction near Bronzeville center to Eppenham Forest. The CAS here bought the lines from the SSE and let them hold the numbers 3 and 4. The Lavender Hill get the number 7. The ugly elevated structure in the narrow Chestnut Street in Brozeville then was demolished.
The Lavender Hill branch was a project to sell upper-class flats with high comfort at this undeveloped area with the promise, to have a short way in the city. In the first years all local trains run to Eppenham Forest, but the express-trains split at Ortolan Square and half of them served Lavender Hill. Later the Lavender Hill branch only was served by local trains.
- July 1908 = East Ferry Loop - via Central Avenue - 100th Street
- August 1908 = 100th Street - Ortolan Square
- September 1908 = Ortolan Square - Lavender Hill and Ortolan Square - Eppenham Forest - New Abbingthorpe and Plane-tree Hill (with overtaking this part of the SSE Elevated)
The EAR (East Avenue Railway)
The CAS has build their central line and has no meaning, to build more subway-lines. The company makes good profit with the Central Avenue line. Why give money for a parallel line, where the SSE has it elevated lines nearby? Indeed more and more passengers changed from the older elevated to the modern subway, the parallel line of the SSE become a child of sorrow for the company. The CAS has only to wait some years, may the city wish more subways or not.
But the more northern line of the ART to Cathill, Astera and the Botanical Garden (now lines 5, 6 and 8) was more as 1 km away. Here seemed to be potential for an other company. 1910 the things come to change. With new money the ART get the new name EAR (Eight Avenue Railway). The EAR lay down the elevated structure in the 8th Avenue on Manheart and build a tunnel for the lines and prolongated the tunnels via Pitcher Street to the Southside and take over the part of the SSE to Belleville. At the southside are opened a new branch to the ferry for Old Trappard (now part of line 21). The EAR use the letters A, B and C for their lines as in the past the ART.
Yes - the downlaying SSE now are plundered out from the CAS and EAR. The CAS get the line in the 2nd Avenue in her hands and a shortened line 5 from Bronzeville to the Southern Station. The CAS now make clear the claim at the southside of the Manheart island and the northern part of Southside with the Main Street Elevated there. Lines 1 and 2 get a new way to the west. Menwhile the CAS has laid down the elevated line in the 2nd Avenue and opened at Christmas 1914 her second branch (now lines 1 and 2), taking over with one of the branches the elevated to the western cemetery and with the other branch was build a line to Kenver Brook (and urbanisized Kenver Brook itself). From the Elevated in Southside was laid parts in tunnel. The CAS operated parts of the lines, now numbered as 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 19 (formerly 6) and 21 /formerly 5)
The BEL has upgraded most of her lines for the heavier multiple-unit trains. Only lines 12 and 14 remains as elevated. This takes a lot of money and the company seeks help. Therefore it come to a agreement with the WRR. This company prolongated her line "U" via a tunnel under the bay to Smithwick Junction and to Hunters Hide. The town now gets a fast connection between Bruchlinie and Southside. The county of Bruchlinie likes no lettes as line-signal, therefore this line get the free number 18.
- Mai 1914 = (EAR) Alderbrook or Flatland Bow - Bronzeville - Pitcher Street - Belleville (now lines 5 and 21)
- June 1914 = (EAR) Last Penny - Lark Hill - Pennyville - Bronzeville as line "C" - now part of line 8
- December 1914 = (CAS) East Ferry Loop - Incle - XYZ(express) and East Ferry Loop - Kenver Brook (local) (now lines 1 and 2)
- January 1915 = (CAS) East Ferry Loop - Poplar-Bridge - Western Cemetery (now part of line 19, first numbered as line 6)
- September 1915 = (CAS) Bronzeville - Ortolan Square - via Southside Main Street - Southern Station - (now part of line 21, first numbered as line 5).
- December 1916 = (EAR) Southern Station - Belleville (now line 21) and Pitcher Street - Old Trappard Ferry (now line 6)
- May 1917 = (WRR) Downtown Manheart - Smithwick Junction - Hunters Hide (now part of line 12, first numbered as 18)
The CRT (Crosstown Rapid Transit)
To get from Bruchline to Southside means, to use the overcrowded subway line 18 or slow streetcars over the bridges or take the ferry. So planes are made, to connect the three boroughts via the 41th Street and the Union Station with one line and an other line should run via 6th Street to the Southern Station. That means, to rise the money to build new tunnels of 4 km under the bay.
Only this short connections as subway seemed not to be profitable, but in the backhand was the many-branched nets of the BEL and the WRR. Both companies merged in a new one. The new company CRT (Crosstown Rapid transit) - dense related with the BEL and the WRR - then build the planed lines and take over the needed elevated lines for the hinterland-traffic.
Both lines of the CRT are constructed with 4 tracks and at each line are connected with two elevated lines in the north and the south.
The line via 6th Street in Manheart and via Southern Station incorporated the line 15 of the BEL and lines S and T of the WRR. In the north a branch to Barnson, Sloddy and Sinclair was buildt. This lines get the numbers 13 and 14. The line via 41th Street and Union Station took over the BEL-lines 16 and 17 and in the south the WRR-lines P and Q and was numbered with 15 and 16.
After opening of this lines the WRR under own name offers only line "R" from Weybirton to Veylepster (later line 17) and under the name of BEL run
- 10 (formerly 11) Athloon - Madigan - Perisher - Smithwick Junction as subway, but most on elevated structure
- 11 (formerly 13) Aggl - Perisher Avenue - Perisher - Smithwick Junction as subway, but most on elevated structure
- 12 (formerly 19) Aggl - Perisher Avenue - Perisher - Gonelli Ferry as subway, but most on elevated structure
- 21 (formerly 12, now 25w) Foxhill - Thyme Avenue - Green Pond - Smithwick Junction as not upgraded elevated line
- 22 (formerly 14, now 25n) Sinclair - Green Pond - Smithwick Junction as not upgraded elevated line
At least only this both of the former elevated line are left like an orphaned child. This lines now are lines 25w and 25n, the so called Sand Street Elevated and til today owned by the BEL, but in cooperation with the other lines of the subway net. Few Years later the name of the WRR disappers - the service run under the CRT.
- February 1919 = Union Station - Smithwick Junction - Warwick Landing (now line 15) and Union Station - Smithwick Junction - Green Bay. (now line 16)
- September 1919 = Union Station - Archanta Park (parts of lines 15 and 16)
- May 1920 = Southern Station - Smithwick Junction - Hippodrome and Southern Station - Smithwick Junction - Sinclair (parts of lines 13 and 14)
- November 1920 = Southern-Station - Archanta Place
- January 1921 = Archanta Place - Waybirton - Haggleton Race Course and Waybirton - Haltom (in New Colsex County) - (now lines 13 and 14)
- March 1921 = Archanta Place - .... (now part of line 15) and Archanta Place - Oppingstone (now part of line 16)
First lines of the SMS (Stanton Municipal Subway)
After 1920 was no more the time, to make a lot of money with subway lines. The city set the price of the fare and had no meaning to allow a higher price for a subway ride, if the lines are in private hand. Mayor Paul Fiorino (1913- 1921) was the first, who tried to get the subway under control of the city. There are wide parts of the town, where a subway line was missed, but none of the companies will build there a line.
The CAS, the EAR and the CRT/BEL meanwhile are hardly able, to hold the service. No new subway was opened in the later 1920ies. Years over years the city talk about the question, to take the things in own hands. But how it is at such expensiv projects - there are many different meanings and different contracts with the three subway-companies, that some time go with discussions and hi-flying plans, but no hard results.
The town long has wished a direct connection between both railway-stations. In this time there are only direct streetcar-connections. If passengers faster would ride from on station to the other, here was to change the subway line (and the company - that means: buy a new tiket!). This direct connection then was the first municipal project, realized in May 1931 from the SMS, the cities own subway company. The line gets the letters D (express) and E (local) and was as first step only a shuttle between both raileay-stations with 4,1 km lenght and only one intermediate station at the 19th Street for line D or stops at 33rd Street, 27th Street, 19th Street and Pardella Street for line E.
One year later both lines run further to the north - line D (now 10) to Terenure Point with a new way via Astera with overtaking the BEL-elevated line 10 and line E (now 11) to Aggl with overtaking the northern part of the BEL-line 11. The short branch for the BEL-line 12 to Gornelli Ferry are given up. The eastern part of lines 10 and 11 between Perisher Junction and Sand Street Loop get the number 20.
A new line 9 opened in July 1933 to serve the northern part of Manheart, running from Foxhill to the station at 19th Street of lines 1, 2 and 6 of the CAS. Two month later follow the Branch from Eppenham, numbered as line 8 (til 2019 parts of line 8 and 20. now line 7). Two years later line 8 was prolongatd to the Southern Station, line 9 to Asperton and line 8 futher prolongated to Bleckwood.
Since the start of the subway service 1908 the fare was 5 cent. If you want to change to a line of an other company, you have to pay again 5 cents. Meanwhile in Stanton are active four companies, the CAS, the EAR, the CRT with the BEL and the new SMS. To make the change of lines cheaper, since December 1931 you can pay a fare of 5 cent for a ride with one company as before or buy tickets to 25 cents, which allows 4 rides (to 7.5 cents) with different companies. You may ride only in one direction - therefore the starting direction was marked.
With such tickets to open the gate as with a 5-cent coin was not possible. You must show this ticket a waiter, to get in the first and then the second system of your ride. The ticked are marked with a hole for the direction of your ride and the companies, which lines you use. In the peak hours often long rows of passangers waits for the correct hole at the waiters desk and so people write angry letters to the newspapers, to establish a better solution for using lines of diferent companies - "... and may it cost 10 cents".
- May 1931 = Shuttle Union Station - 19th Street - Southern Station or Commoniatown (nucleus of lines 10 and 11 - 1931 lettered as D and E).
- May 1932 = Terenure Point - Astera - Perisher Junction - Union Station (part of line 10)
- May 1932 = Fletchers Meadows - Perisher Junction - Union Station (part of line 11)
- July 1933 = Foxhill - Old Botanic Garden - Riverside - 19th Street (now part of line 9)
- September 1933 = Eppenham - Riverside - 19th Street (now parts of line 7 and 8)
- September 1935 = 19th Street - Southern Station (line 8) and 19th Street - Asperton (line 9)
- November 1935 = Southern Station - Bleckwood (line 8)
The town takes over the private companies
1937 was opened line # 12 for the SMS (Stanton Municipal Railway), running from Southern Station via Buzzards Field to Upper Trucson. Together with this work the elevated structure of line 18 in the Lana Avenue was demolished and line 18 get a new way via Chestnut Avenue and between Debbie Avenue and Emily Avenue to the southern station. One month later line 18 reached Bellevue Point. The northern part of line 18 to Hunters Hide then as served by line 12.
Next project was line # 17, opened in 1940 from Weybirton to Freddys End. At Weybirton this line take ove the line "R" from the old WRR. Also line 11 run further to the south to Old Jorc
At 1937 the CAS, the EAR and the CRT nearly run bankrupt. The fare was the same as 1908, but costs has risen. This was the occasion for the town to lay the hand on this companies, pay out the shareholder for fewer money as 20 years before were necessary. Now the whole subway-system without the Bruchline Elevatd Lines was controlled by the town within the SMS. And - oh wonder - next year the fare rise to the real costs of the subway-operation. First 1938 was to pay with a coin of 10 cent for the whole subway-net and since 1943 with a token for 15 cent. But you need not more this tickets for 4 rides.
To have a stringent system of line-numbers, the lines A and B of the formerly EAR get the numbers 5 and 6. Formerly line 6 of the CAS get number 19 and the formerly 5 of CAS become line 21. The old elevated lines of the BEL now are 25west and 25 north. Til forseen changings of lines in Bronzeville line C stay "a while" (til 1948!) as it was.
- Oktober 1937 = Southern Station - Buzzards Foeld - Upper Trucson (new line 12)
- December 1937 = Chestnut Avenue - Southern Staton - Bellevue Point (new way for line 18), line 12 take over the way to Hunters Hide
- March 1940 = Freddys End - 65th Street - Weybirton (now line 17)
- May 1940 = Eppenham - Jorric (first as line 8, later line 20, now line 7)
- February 1942 = Commonia Town - Old Jorc (line 11)
New lines and the regeneration of the system
The planed line 20 then 1948 come to work. The line took over the short elevated line "20" from Sand Street Loop to Perisher, get from Perisher Junction a tunnel to Bronzeville and serve the western end Eppenham and Joric with overtaking the old branch of line 8. The Sand Street loop now only has to serve line 20 and 25 and so the tracks in the St. Luke Street are abandoned and only two tracks in the Station Street and a smaller loop since then is in use.
Line 8 now take over the northern end of the former line C from the EAR. The southern part to the Old Trappard Ferry are served then from line 21. Along the Eight Avenue now only run the lines 5 and 6.
To make lines 1 and 2 lesser overcrowded in Downtown Manheard, line 19 get it own tracks paralel to line 1 and 2 so as line 7 gets a new way from Ortolan Square apart from line 3 and 4. This works often were interrupted because of lack of money - so it lasted from 1949 to 1956.
Only few new tracks are layed since then. 1987 line 5 in Astera get a new way in a tunnel instead of a loud elevated viaduct. Meanwhile the lenght of the net has reached the point, where money are more necessary, to hold te net on a good standard, as to build new lines. In the years from 1965 to 1995 this money not ever was to raise and the system lost the formerly high standard. People in this time mean, the subway are old, dirty and unsure - and for this too expensive.
Sure, plans for new lines are made but on the other hand plans, to lay down some lines to reduce the costs. Some peak-hour express services are set out and fewer trains run at the evening or night. The crime-rate rise higher - too hight as many straphangers mean.
All trains are marked with strange graffiti - that look of anarchy pulls down too the image of the subway. As "giga" and "fernandez", heroes of the szene, come to death 1988 by accident, the letters to the newspapers have only limited mercy. "What is art?" was the question and one of the hardest verdict 1995 came from the book of Evelyne Du Bois named "Pissing at the wall" - her often discussed pamphlet against this paintings.
Around 1995 then was the turning point. New cars come in use, stations are modernisized, graffities neutralisized, line 10 get a new way south of the Southern Station to Spaniels Strand. So now again the system has a standard worth a great city as Stanton. The town takes money in the hand for line # 22, tuning from Downtown Manheart to Paryston, opened between 2003 and 2008. An other new line is the "missing link" between line 10 and 25 in Bruchline, running along the Perisher Way and Madigan Avenue from Knee Junction to 208th Street North as branch of line 20. On construction is the prolongation if this line via 261st Street North to the zoo, there junctioned with line 6. Newest open line is a short piece of new tracks in Bronzeville, that allow to run the Eppenham-line direct to Manheart as branch of line 7 instead of a tail of line 20. This branch of line 20 now terminated at Bronzeville Station.
- June 1948 = line 20 prolongated from Perisher Junction to Bronzeville and line "C" overtaken from line 8 and the old line 8 via Eppenham from line 20
- August 1948 = Southern Station - Bellevue Point - Spaniels Strand (to line 22)
- September 1952 = Jorric - Broikylbush (first line 20, now line 7)
- Mai 1954 = Bronzeville - Astera - Verdaguer Circle (line 21)
- May 1956 = Sinclair - Hormans Forge (line 15)
- August 1956 = new tracks for lines 7 and 19 in Manheart
- April 1959 = Haggleton Race Course - Verrington - Little Kerringly (line 13)
- May 1961 = Haltom - Burr Express (line 14) - payed, build and owned by the New Colsex County.
- April 1987 = new way in a tunnel for line 5 in Astera
- Mai 1994 = new way via Barnston for line 13
- September 1995 = line 10 prolongated Southern Station - Old Trappard Ferry as express line
- December 2003 to May 2008 = line 22 opened west of Southern Station - since 2019 numbered as 18
- September 2014 = Shuttle of line 10 between Union Station and Southern Station (see below)
- May 2016 = branch of line 20 from Knee Junction to 128th Street North (now line 24)
- March 2019 = Branch to Broikylbush as branch of line 7, line 20 (now 23) terminated Bronzeville Station. Both branches of line 20 renumbered as 23 and 24 (line number 20 later is foreseen for a branch of line 19), also lines 18 and 22 changed the numbers
a) Renovation of line 25 west: The viaduct at the northern end of the line between Thyme Avenue (crossing with line 11) and the crossing with line 9 near Darwin Street since last year is out of service and in reconstruction. This section will be reopen next year. On map see at 
b) In Southside is in construction a branch of line # 19 via Kerringly Avenue to Prescott, taking over the part of line # 22 to Hansonville. Line # 22 itself then will be prolongated from Prescott to Tosterglope. Construction works are started (see ).
c) in Bruchlinie is in construction the prolongation of line 24 from 108th Street North in Goosemeadow via 161st Street North to the Zoo
Since years some other extensions are planed. Some are not be buildt, because there are to construct too long tunnels parallel to other lines, if each line shall run on own tracks. Therefore the line to Goosemeadow along the Madigan Avenue only become reality, because here is split a line (line 20) with moderate traffic. This allow running both branches of the line on the common section over only two tracks. Next planed is a new branch of line 21 at the northern end in Astera, running to Riverside Park. In Belleville people wish the prolongation of line 11 to a junction with line 5 at the Central Avenue.
List of lines
In Stanton 24 lines are in operation, numbered from 1 to 19 and 21 to 25. Line-number 20 is foreseen for a branch of line 19 (in construction). The line-numbers have a long historic evolution (see above). Some line-numbers are unchanged since 1900.
a) Northeast to southwest lines (uptown-downtown)
||CAS||Nacklinton - Incle - Denver - 65th Street South - East Ferry||33.6 km||yes||||too r.h. express|
||CAS||Konver Brook - Denver - 65th Street South - East Ferry||28.0 km||no|||
||CAS||New Abbingthortpe - Eppenham Forest - via Central Avenue - Union Station - East Ferry||40.0 km||yes|||
||CAS||Plane-tree Hill - Eppenham Forest - via Central Avenue - Union Station - East Ferry||41.0 km||no|||
||EAR||Anderson Point - Alderbrook - Bronzeville Center - Riverside - Pitcher Street - Belleville Port||58.4 km||yes||||too r.h. express|
||EAR||Flatland Bow - Bronzeville Center - Riverside - Pitcher Street - Old Trappard Ferry||45.2 km||no|||
||CAS||Broikylbush and Eppenham or Lavender Hill - Union Station - Piers||36.8 km||no||||since 2019 two branches|
||SMS||Last Penny - Pennyville - Bronzeville - 66th Street - Southern Station - South Asperton||41.6 km||yes|||
||SMS||Foxhill - Old Botanic Garden - Commoniatown - Asperton||36.8 km||no|||
||BEL||Terenure Point - Perisher Junction - Union Station - Southern Station - Old Trappard Ferry||55.8 km||yes|||
||BEL||Aggl - Perisher Junction - Union Station - Southern Station - Old Jorg (Belleville)||46.6 km||no|||
b) Cross-city lines (Smithwick Junction - Southern Station)
||SMS||Hunters Hide - Smithwick Junction - Southern Station - Upper Trucson||27.2 km||no|||
||CRT||Hormans Forge - Smithwick Junction - Southern Station - Weybirton - Little Kerringly||64.0 km||yes||||too p.h. express|
||CRT||Hippodrome - Smithwick Junction - Southern Station - Weybirton - Burr Express||47.8 km||no|||
||CRT||Warwick Landing - Smithwick Junction - Union Station - Archanta Place - Poggly||37.6 km||yes|||
||CRT||Green Bay - Smithwick Junction - Union Station - Archanta Place - Oppingstone||34.9 km||no|||
c) other lines
||SMS||Freddys End -66th Street - Weybirton - Veylepster||32.4 km||peak hour|||
||SMS||Parryton - Commoniatown - Downtown Manheart||19.2 km||no||||formerly line 22|
||CAS||Western Cemetery - Southern Incle - Squirrel - Union Station - Downtown Manheart||30.6 km||peak hours|||
||line number foreseen for branch of line 19|
||CAS||Verdaguer Circle - Bronzeville - Southern Station - Belleville Beach||53.4 km||no|||
||CRT||Hansonville - Chestnut Park - Southern Station - Bellevue Point - Spaniels Strand||41.2 km||peak hour||||formerly line 18|
||BEL||Sand Street Ferry - Knee Junction - Bronzeville Station||20.8 km||no||||ex line 20|
||BEL||Sand Street Ferry - Knee Junction - 108th Street North (Goosemeadows)||16.8 km||no||||ex line 20|
||BEL||Sand Street Ferry - Taffiton Junction - Sinclair or Foxhill||29.0 km||peak hour||||2 branches|
|the whole system||
Subway yards, Trains, Service and Fare
On the subway of Stanton run roundabout 850 trains with maximal 9 cars. This allows (theoretical) a peak-hour service of 2 minutes at all lines. In the reality the peak-hour service differd between 90 seconds and 3 minutes. Most the lines day-over-day are served every 4 or 5 minutes, in late evening all 7.5 to 10 minutes and at night all 15 or 20 minutes. At night not all lines are be served, some lines are shortened as shuttle for the outer branch from forking with a parallel line. Not all trains run to the outer terminal, but terminated at a breakpoint, when thereafter the traffic is lesser dense.
Newest type of train is T13 (first in service 2013) with three units of each 3 wagons, where you can go free through the unit. Trains can be run with one, two or three of this units with lengths of 48, 96 or 144 m. Here are 267 units in use for 89 trains with three units of this type.
Most trains on the rails of Stanton subway are of the type T96 (from 1996) with 5 364 wagons for 596 trains with 9 wagons. 172 trains of type T83 (from 1983) only run at rush-hour service. Older trains are not more in public use - the historic trains only run at special event over the subway rails.
Trains are stored in several yards (depots) all over the city. The main depot "A" lay in in the south of the town in Weybirton.
|C||Central||76||||connection to freight-railway|
|H||historic||16||||one (or more) of all train-types|
|M||no name||40||||elevated trains (only up to 100 m)|
|S||Smithwick||70||||all trains stored in halls|
|possible storage total||1014||without "historic" trains|
The subway system of Stanton offers two sorts of express-service - steady service with two lines for the same relation and service in the peak hours only in ine direction.
At the lines with four tracks over the both tracks in the middle run the express-line and over the outside track the local line the whole day long. The tracks for the express service lay between the tracks for the local service and the platforms for the local stations at the outside. Waiting passengers so are not molested by the thrurunnig express-trains. At station with an express-stop the platforms for each direction normally lay between the exprees- and the local-track, to allow easy interchange. Most two lines run on one relation - one for the express-service and the other as local-train. In the outer suburbs this 4-track-line then split and each line serves an independent branch as local train. This sections of steady express service are marked in blue at the left graphic. Express-lines are lines 1, 3, 5, 8, 10, 13 and 15. The other lines serve the local stations or have no parallel express-service.
Where are three tracks, the express-track lay in the middle of the three tracks and is served only at peak hours or to special events at weekend. Normally in the morning the express-trains run downtown on the hearth of the city and at afternoon and evening then in the outer suburbs. This express trains are set in operation to avoid too long time for the long journeys in the area at the end of the lines. All local stops platforms lay at the outer tracks, at the express stations platforms lay on the right and the left side of the middle track, the outer tracks lay at the other side of the platforms. Passengers so can get easy interchange between local and express trains.
Peak hour express secitons are named as "red" lines - this trains show a red line-signal instead of the usual black number of the line.
- Line 1: Kenver Central - Dventon, 1 stop in Incle - 8 stations skipped
- Line 5: Apricot Place - Cathill North, 0 stops, 5 stations skipped
- Line 8: Ash Square - Bronzeville Station, 1 stop, 15 stations skipped
- Line 10: Athloon - Perisher Junction, 2 stops, 14 stations skipped
- Line 11: Fletchers Meadows - Perisher Junction, 2 stops, 12 stations skipped
- Line 13: Sinclair - 23rd Row, 1 stop, 7 stations kipped and Verrington - Elventer, 1 stop, 6 stations skipped
- Line 15: Archanta Place - Poggly, 1 stop, 8 stations skipped
- Line 16: Archanta Place - Godlington, 1 stop, 8 stations skipped
- Line 17: Southside Main Street - Weybirton, 1 stop, 7 stations skipped
- Line 19: Poplar Bridge - Jollinper, 2 stops, 11 stations skipped
- Line 22 (formerly line 18): Emily Cross - Plassais, 2 stops, 15 stations skipped
- Line 25: Taffyton Junction - Court Street, 0 stop, 8 stations skipped
At the begining of the subway-service the fare was 5 cent for a ride of unlimited lenght. Since the subway was in the hands of the town, the fare is risen to today (2018) 2.75 $. Some poeple see it as a joke; nevertheless it is fact, that the single fare rises in the last decades after following the price of a piece of pizza. For 2.75 $ you can ride now (2018) without restriction of distance.
With a Metro-card one ride cost 2.25 $. To get a card, there is to pay 1 $ extra-fee. You can upload your card at most stations with cash or credit-card. To enter the subway-system, your ticket or card will be read electronical and the gate opens for one person. There are card reader a most stations, where you can control the benefit on the card.
With one card two or more persons can ride - every person has to pay the fare and so are count down the benefit of the card with 6.75 $ , if three persons use the card for one ride.
An other sort of Metro-card is the "unlimited" version, where you p.e. pay 32 $ for 7 days. With this card only one person can ride. To avoid, that more than one person use this card, you can not enter with the card at the same station within a time-limit of 18 minutes. Too this card you can prolongate with 5 $ for a day or 32 $ for more 7 days.
Tourists in Stanton prefer this card, because then they have no problem to use the public transportation in the city. In most cases after four days you ride cheaper as if all rides are payed with a single fare for 2.75 $ or with the card with benefit. Best way is, to buy the Metro-card by arrival at the airport and make the first ride into the town with the commuter-lines.
The Metro-card too allows to ride with the bus or comuter-lines inside the limits of the City of Stanton. For a ride on subway line 14 to Burr Express or lines 5, 11 and 21 to Belleville outside of city limits the Metro-card also can be used. Since years the city of Belleville here has an arrangement with the subway company.
Outside of the city for the commuter-lines is to pay an extra fare. Too at the Airport Shuttle beween the airports the Metro-card is not usable.
Here 8 lines come together, three times two lines with four tracks (3 and 4, 10 and 11, 13 and 14) and three lines with two tracks (7 and 19) (map see ). Lines 10 and 11 connected the Union Station with the Southern Station. Oldest lines here are the lines 3 and 4, opened as first subway in Stanton 1908 and running up to 100th Street open beneath the railway tracks.
Here too 8 lines come together (8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 21 and 22). Line 12 run in a viaduct, coming from Manheart over the Southside Bridge. The other lines all lay in tunnels. (map see ). Lines 10 and 11 allow to reach the Union Station, line 21 the ferry to Old Trappard and lines 12, 13 and 14 run via Downtown Manheart to Smithwick Junction in Bruchlinie.
Smithwick Junction in Bruchlinie is one of the busiest station of the system (see ). Also here 8 lines meet together, the lines 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 20 and the last elevated line 25. Since the start of the SSR elevated lines in the late 1870ies here the tracks spread out in the different directions north or northwest.
At upper level 5 platforms lay parallel, seen from west first the downtown platform of lines 15 and 16, then the uptown platforms of this lines, next the downtown platform of lines 13 and 14, followed by their uptown platform. At the northern end of this four platforms lay the both platforms of lines 20 and 25 (25 is the elevated line). All platforms have the normal length of 150 m for trains with 10 wagons. The platform for line 12 lay in deep-level 1 in north-south direction and the platform of line 17 in deep-level 2 in west-east direction.
At the Sand Street Ferry the former elevated lines of the SSR (Sand Street Railways) have a great loop, formerly coming from St. Luke Street and going via Station Street with a lot of waiting tracks. This loop today is reduced for only two tracks for both directions in the Station Street and a smaller Loop at the Ferry. Only the lines 20 and 25 here terminated today, the other formerly elevated lines, which forked at Smithfield Junction, are incorporated in the subway-system. To allow the service of the heavier subway trains of line 20 this smaller loop was upgraded to subway-standard.
The station "New Square" in Downtown Manheart is served by 7 lines (1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 18 and 19). Six lines we find
- at Bronzeville Station (Bronzeville) with 3, 4, 7, 8, 21 and 23
- at City Hall (Manheart) with 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
- at Downtown (Manheart) with 1, 2, 3, 4, 13 and 14 and the terminal of the SWC (Stanton Warwick Connector)
- at Court Square (Manheart) with 5, 6, 7, 10, 11 and 17
- at 47th Street / 8th Avenue (Manheart) with 5, 6, 8, 9, 15, 16
Several other stations are served by five lines (like Opera, Weybirton, Midtown Square, East Ferry)
Shuttle of line 10 between Union Station and Southern Station
This part of line 10 between the both railway stations steady was overcrowded. With support of the International Metro Developement Organisation 2014 here are layed two short new tracks in both stations for ending trains, new platforms and an updated signalling system. To let run line 10 in the peak hours all 90 seconds sure may be possible, but this is for the whole line overserved outside the central area. Now in 10 minutes 4 trains run the whole line with 3, 2, 3 and 2 minutes difference. In the gap of three minutes now all 5 minutes run the shuttle, so that between the both railway-stations we have in 10 minutes 6 trains - following 90 seconds - 90 seconds - 2 minutes - 90 seconds - 90 seconds and two minutes. This intermitted shuttle trains are signalisized as "10 blue". To have short time to stay at the platform, two drivers are on board of this trains.
Unused tracks and stations
At Harrison Field in Bronzeville are remains of an elevated line with three tracks, formerly used by line 5. This line run offside the street in the middle of the blocks as a straight line to Alderbrook. This loud section of the line 1987 get a new way, making a bow to the west and laying in a cutting right of way or tunnel. The two stations "Placton Way" and "Darwin Street" are out of use and they now can found 400 m in the west at the new way of line 5.
The tracks of the elevated are disused for public transport, but can be used for testing new cars or rides with historic trains. You can see the iron structur of the elevated line here . This section has a physical connection to the present subway-net at the station "Astera, St. George". Planes are made in last time, to use one track of the line as cycleway.
An other between 1948 and 2019 disused connection in Bronzeville are tracks from line 8 to line 20 at Sparrow Place . Here formerly run line 8 since September 1933. In the year 1948 line 20 take over the branch to Joric from line 8 and line 8 run to Lark Hill and Last Penny, as formerly line C of the Eight Avenue Railway. The rails of line C between Starling Place and Bronzeville - used til 1948 - are seen north of the station Sparrow Place. This tracks from 1948 to 2019 are in use only as a service connection. Since March 2019 a branch of line 7 bring new life in this tunnels. Therefore the tunnel of formerly line 20 now is disused and only service trains run here.
The pieces of tunnel at "A" and "B" all lay on the same level. The new connection for line 7 now dives under the tunnel of line 8. Therefore this tunnels now are unusuable as service connections and will be in the future uses only as storage room.
In Chestnut Wood and Prescott a new branch of line 19 and a new way for line 22 are in construction. Here in the future will be a new piece of unused tracks, if the new line 19 takes over the outer part line 22 to Plassais and Hansonville and the line 22 get a new way to Tosterglope. In discussion is instead of disuse this tracks here let run a short shuttle line to Chestnut Park with connection to line 17 or let run via 90th Street South a branch of line 22 to the south.
In Barnston line 13 from May 1920 to May 1994 run the direct way from Godolphin Avenue to Sloddy Green with 2 intermediate local stations. Since May 1994 line 13 run in a bow via Barnston Plaza with 5 local stations between. Only the middle track of the old three tracks now is in use for the peak hour express trains on the old and shorter way (see ) In the disused station building of "Sloddy Cemetery" now is a restaurant.
From the demolished elevated structure of line 18 in the Lana Avenue (Southside Borough) between 75th and 45th Street - used til December 1937 - no remains are to see.
In the same building as the subway depot "H" (see above) the subway museum of the city opens all day (without Monday) from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. - see 
The SWC (Stanton Warwick Connector)
In the oversight-scetch at top marked as grey line is the SWC. This line is not part of the subway net of Stanton, but an independent company, established for a fast connection betwen both cities.