Talk:Fiorino International Airport
Impacts on environment
Not for now, but for the future when my state is more developed for me to start a wiki page for an airline, I have two questions?
A.) How does one get a (or a few) terminals to their airline, such as the FedAir terminal in Stanton Intercontinental? B.) Who will be headquartered at Fiorino?
- Hi Rhiney boi, there is no rule on the matter (terminals & headquarters). Federal Airlines "existence" predates STI Airport's. As it was mentioned as it home base, I discussed the topic with mstr, when I volunteer for mapping the airport, about the draft of the terminal.
- As it looks now, Fiorino's Terminal 1 is for WestAir and its subsidiaries and Terminal 2 is likely to be dedicated to various airlines (Jazz Air offers service to Lakana). Speaking of destinations, I've noticed your update on Zytik's Benjamin K. Hedstrom International Airport stating Fiorino as a destination for Southeast Airlines. I'm not quite sure it would be profitable to fly the 50km/35mi between both airports linked by so many means of public transportation and motorways. It's the equivalent, in terms of distance and location, of flying between JFK and Newark.
- Last, you don't necessarily have to create an airline to fly to and from your state when it is more developed. The FS already has couple of main airlines with their subsidiaries. Teenescan being rather small-sized and somehow close to Stanton, I suppose destinations would include other states' hubs (mostly central FS states), some west coast cities , neighbouring countries in the North and some northern holidays destinations for the Winter (e.g. Alormen).
- If you really desire to address the topic, you should contact New Carnaby's coordinators. --Aiki (talk) 23:55, 22 May 2019 (CEST)
- Sorry to iterate, but it seems we're discussing different topics. That doesn't explain why you mentioned a less-than-10-minute flight from Warwick, Penquisset to Fiorino. Dallas to Houston are some 350km apart, Warwick isn't Teenescan and the tip of its airport runway is some 50-odd kilometers away from Fiorino.--Aiki (talk) 08:55, 24 May 2019 (CEST)
- It seems you take this talk section for some kind of match though there is no point to count. Besides, who needs hourly comments on imaginary topics?
- You asked a question I took time to answer, over the little time left after work and family duties, in a language which is not mine and with all the elements and careful tone I could then provide, though I have no special interest in sparsely mapped Teenesccan or an airline whose two mentions are just weeks if not days-old.
- For flight duration, if it takes 29 minutes to fly the 50km from STN to BKH, it means you fly at 25kph. I don't know if microlights fly that slow? I'm just taking the distance into account. How would someone know how long it takes to queue to take off at an imaginary airport? What are the low air currents in Stanton like? or what are the overfly regulation in NC and Penquisset to draw the flight plan and calculate the exact duration? Besides, could you imagine the fuel cost for such a short flight distance when you can drive, take the train or a bus from Downton Warwick if you have to fly from Fiorino?
- My last point regarded ownership. Even though Wiki pages rules are not as clear as those for territory ownership, you hardly update a page referring to territory elements which you don't own or with a comment indicating the "owner" agrees. And, except if I'm mistaken, BKH is not yours.
- You may keep going on this if you wish, I know I won't. --Aiki (talk) 20:34, 24 May 2019 (CEST)
Amenities & Businesses
You are welcome to add cafes, restaurants (fast food or not) and shops inside terminal buildings. Please add nodes rather evenly so that their names remain legible and the map doesn't feel overloaded. I've already added some using FS franchises names.
You may add businesses (logically airport/airlines related) in Airport City in one of the "Gem" buildings. You may also add shops/cafes/movie theater in the medium-sized AirMall mall. Otherwise, buildings are also being added in the Cargo City that can be used by Industrial/Transport companies. You may also choose to add your business in Lehmann just north of the airport, whether in the settlement itself or the industrial park next to it. An industrial Park is also being proposed by Histor, south of the airport. Please note that, as I'm not and regular NC mapper, I cannot provide answer on that topic. --Aiki (talk) 15:31, 2 June 2019 (CEST)