Capitalistic Republic of Dobrobyt, history
Hello, Would you be fine if we could link your history(Galicia) to my country(Capitalistic Republic of Dobrobyt)? We can discuss this in messages, but I will need your approval to link ourselves. What do you say?
- Hi, there's absolutely no problem! Note there are some issues we should resolve:
- There's nothing about history of Galicia in the wiki. I'm still thinking about that and have some rough concepts, but I think I should make more content on map (cities, rivers, routes, etc. especially on the southern part of Galicia) before I start writing anything about history.
- At this moment your country doesn't have enough content on the map to describe it in wiki – I think you should place more towns, rivers, landforms, roads, railways throughout the country before we start discussing about the history. Your country isn't really large so it shouldn't take a lot of time.
- It's a rather minor thing, but still: I can't come up with idea how our countries would be "connected". Maybe do you have some ideas?
- (you can continue in polish if you can/możesz kontynuować po polsku, jeśli możesz) --Waa (talk) 04:07, 11 May 2017 (CEST)
My idea in connecting our countries is the fact that Galicia may be undergoing political disruptions and ruined opportunities(like at a time in real life, so they immigrated across the sea to start the Capitalistic Republic of Dobrobyt. This is why the name is also a mix of English(Ingerland) and Polish(Galicja), due to the two original groups I am planning to connect with my country. Basically, colonization, leading to further development.
- Hm, that's fine – I think it would be connected well with royal authority crisis in early 1800s! Just look what I wrote in section Discussion about Geradic. --Waa (talk) 01:19, 12 May 2017 (CEST)
Discussion about Geradic
I feel I took some liberties with our border. Specifically with the history of Geradic and the small war surrounding it. If you feel something should be changed or have any further ideas, let me know. I attempted to write you a long time ago about the subject, but didnt get a response, thanks for your time. Bhj867 (talk) 06:53, 11 May 2017 (CEST)
- (I separated this topic from Capitalistic Republic of Dobrobyt)
- Hi! First of all, I’d like to apologise for my absence in this wiki. I don't know why, but I totally abandoned any form of collaboration... But now I want to fix this error and finally start to create things together!
- The ruins of Geradic is actually a good idea (and mapping is really nice too)! It reminds me Kostrzyn nad Odrą – a town in western Poland which was destroyed in 1945 (pictures from the past and present are available here).
- If you need to make some minor corrections with our border – go ahead, especially in places without any details. And from my side – I will follow this map to create things near Pretany border.
- From historic point – it's OK to me and that event can even help me with implementation my concepts of history of Galicia. I'm thinking about something like uprising/revolution in early 1800s that plunged royal authority and began to change the political system (with free election of president, separation of powers etc. – something like today). I think that the war and occupation of Geradic would be a great symbol of incompetency of the ruling dynasty that ruined support of galician society and caused big changes inside Galicia.
- I know it's just a sketch of my idea but I think it would work great. I'd like to start writing the history of Galicia, but I need to prepare for this before.
- I hope you like this idea! --Waa (talk) 01:16, 12 May 2017 (CEST)
- I am so glad to hear from you. This gets me very excited to create an amazing border region between the two countries! There is more history on thr backstory of the wall and the war in my Walls of Pretany article.
- I would like to create an entire wiki on the Pretanic-Galician War and would love to collaborate with you on the idea of the course of the war here in the wiki. I think your idea about instability in Galicia is great during that time frame, and you could write your history from a "Galician" perspective. In the Great Walls article I wrote Galicia was angry with Pretany over attempting to move the border after expansion of the wall, and was viewed as a hostile act by Galicia. If you notice in the shire of North Grave their are many Polish or Galician named towns in that area. So we can assume that the borser has been contested for quite a while with a blending of Romantian and Galician cultures in that area.
- I would also like to discuss from an earlier date expansion of the Inaran Nation from Inara around the year 900 and how their were frequent raids of Galician villages if you would like to implement that as well. Pretany has a long history and Galicia was a part of that history for its entirety.
- Also one final topic I would like to cover is the suggestion of your people's origins coming from the region that is formerly Suria, which luckily is a hop skip and jump through Dagelanden and across the Great Rift Sound. Due to polish being a slavic language. The future plans for Suria are to turn it into a slavic hub when the territories are ready to be distributed. Bhj867 (talk) 03:18, 12 May 2017 (CEST)