|Number of countries||101|
Tarephia is a continent mostly in the eastern hemisphere. It is almost evenly divided between the northern and southern hemispheres, and a smaller portion lies in the western hemisphere. To the north across the Strait of Abren is the continent of Uletha. In the east, the Sea of Uthyra separates Tarephia from the Liberan Peninsula. To the southeast is the Asperic Ocean, and to the south across the Strait of Lyc is Antarephia. The Hesperic Ocean lies to the west.
Much of the continent lies in the tropics and subtropics.
The names Tarephia and Antarephia can be traced to Baveili mythology. In Baveili mythology, the Tarephim were a race of winged humans. When the Baveilis landed on what is today the island of Tarephim in Meilan, they discovered caves containing depictions of winged humans. Believing that they had found the land of the winged humans, the Baveilis called the island Tarephim. As the Baveilis migrated westward through the Strait of Lyc, they eventually applied the name of Tarephim to the entire mainland.
When the Franquese arrived, they called region Tarephie, or Tarephia, as the Baveilis had referred to the land. Through the Franquese, "Tarephia" entered books and maps around the world. Today, "Tarephia" is used to refer to the entire continent.
Deserts dominate the north of Tarephia. The Great Helion Desert is one of the largest deserts on the continent. To the northeast is the Serion Desert and the smaller Foare Desert. With the exception of the river that flows into the Ilemian Sea, most of the interior north is arid.
Equatorial Tarephia and southern Tarephia are more lush; rainforests and savannas cover much of the south.
Bodies of Water
- Bahia Latina with Bahia Bergez
- Camino los Cerdos
- Lake Freedemia
- Rio Norte
- Rio Saguset
- Sabelic Sea
- Sea of Uthyra
- Strait of Abren
- Strait of Lyc
- Swine Street
more text about most significant dates will follow
more text will follow
- 1477: Van Pelt founded the New Holland Colony in eastern Latina
- 1488: The brothers Bergez founded the castellán colony of Latina
- 1498–1505: The Castellanese colony of Nuevo Taredo is established in what is now southern Avalon, Vodeo
- 1536: Guilleaume Du Bois - coming from Vodeo - foundet his "private" colony in the western part of Latina
- 1594: The Rhysiogan colony of New Cambria is established at Brynderwyn
- 1616: Ingerland takes possession of the New Cambria colony from Rhysiog
- 1725: The Ingerish colonies of Cambria and St Austell declare independence from the Ingerish Empire
- 1760: Vodeo is formed as a full merger of Cambria and St Austell
- 1766: The DuBios principality become part of Latina
- 1824: Independence of Latina from Castellán
- 1969: Termination of the Ingerish-Siriuwni Protective Treaty, independence of South Serion
- 1984: The Tarephia Cooperation Council is established
more text will follow
List of countries
|Aeda||Aeda||~235 (tbd)||138,440||589/km²||Ingerish Overseas Territory|
|Beaumontan||Sévaille||124 650||22 190 000||178/km²|
|Belgravia||Slovech||till 2014 part of Gran-Lusland|
|Brasonia||Campo Verde||till 2014 part of Gran-Lusland|
|Broceliande||Valoris||100 000||24 000 000||240 hab / Km²|
|Draco||Bashkim||6,200,000||each km²||Opened its borders on August 8th 2015.|
|Latina||Latina (Cidudad)||1,325,177||104,512,506||93 each km²|
|Luslandia||Alcântara||till 2014 part of Gran-Lusland|
|Meilan||Beishan (on Antarephia)||100,963 (1,355 on Tarephia)||37,728,000 (758,000 on Tarephia)||Meilan is primarily located on the continent of Antarephia, but has one city in Tarephia.|
|Nature||Nature||tbd||4,000,000 tbd||tbd km²|
|Nahele Republic||Yellowdart Falls||~15,000||~6,543,000 (2019 census)||~450/km^2||Calculations rounded to the nearest 1,000|
|Promissão||Porto Providência||9,389.98||each km²|
|Sant Elena||Grünwick||~||~||~||Mergan overseas territory|
|Tara||New Dublin||25,793||til 2011 a part of Latina|
The continental union for Tarephia is the Tarephia Cooperation Council. In the south, the nations along the Straits of Lyc trade in the Lycene League. The intercontinental trade union for the Tarephias is the Tarephia-Antarephia Free Trade Agreement.
As a testament to the historic colonization of Tarephia, the majority of the peoples speak the languages of the former colonial powers. Castellanese is the predominant national language, followed by Ingerish, Franquese, and Florescentian