Ulethan Heritage Site

From OpenGeofiction Encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Ulethan Heritage Site (UHS)
Alternate Name(s):
Lugar Patrimonio Uletano (Castellanese)
Památka uletského dědictví (Drabantian)
울엗하 문화 유산 (Gohangukian)
Památky uletského dedičstva (Litvanian)
Uletanski spomenici nasljeđa (Mallyorian)
Logras Qulcera Uleṭoi (Maurit)
_____________________________ (Myrcian)
Uletanska Kulturarv (New Scandic)
Sit de Patrimoniu Uletean (Romanish)
Uleddai Ismeteldegugyalt (Sanain)
280px
Cultural organization managed by UAC with Headquarters in ...
Address ...
General Information
Year Founded 2001
Executives
UHS Commission President ...
...

The Ulethan Heritage Site (UHS) is a cultural organization created in 2001 by the Ulethan Alliance for Culture, which has its seat in _. Its main purpose is to promote and protect landmarks, which are selected on the basis of having cultural, historical, scientific or some other form of significance. UHS regards these sites as being important to the collective interests of humanity.

Lists of heritage sites by country

Everyone is able to add entries to his own country's list.

AnthariaFlag.jpeg Antharia

File:Adakalè Fortress.jpg
Adakalè Fortress
  • Adakalè Fortress and Island - The fortress was built in 1400 by King Môrís I to secure the Sea of Sturdza against oversea enemies and pirates. The town, which dates from the late 17th century, when it had a neoclassical appearance, was settled in the 18th century by the Turquese minority, which built small, traditional Turquese houses inbetween the older buildings. Today, the island of Adakalè presents a mixture of bigger, neoclassical buildings and smaller, traditional Turquese houses.
File:Arnotta Monastery.JPG
Arnotta Monastery

Balam utz flag.png Balam-Utz

  • Cultural Coffee Region - Is the agricultural coffee region is distinctive for its cultural, architectural and educational heritage. Located in the valleys of Navallana and the Dorado River in Del Norte, Balam-Utz.
  • Old Town of Ek-Balam - A city walled by the explorers of Castellan, it was the capital of the Castellanese Territories in the peninsula of Liberan and its port more important. At present is the historical center of the biggest city of Balam-Utz
  • Motul Viejo - The ruins of the old town of Motul, where the last native Mayanse government was established before the conquest of the empire, is the best preserved archaeological site of pre-Castellana culture.
  • Archaeological complex of Kun and royal palaces - The ruins of the ancient city of Kun, capital of the first settlers from the cultures of the islands of the Asperic Ocean who founded their first city in the contient. It stands out for its complex of preserved royal palaces.

Flag of Castellan.png Castellán

Cernou-national-flag.png Cernou

Costa-green7.png Costa de Oro

Drabantia flag.png Drabantia

Esthyra flag.svg Esthyra

GobrassanyaFlag01.png Gobrassanya

Flag of Kanea.jpg Kanea

Kojo temporary flag.png Kojo

Litvenska Flaga.jpg Litvania

Castle built around the 1200's by Duke Mečsilav I. for protection against former Egalian invasions. People soon settled around it because of trade and safety, and it has now become an iconic symbol of the city, often featured on postcards and in tourist websites. Restored in the 1900's, it now has the same beauty as it did back when it was first built.

Lost country.png Mahikan

Zastava.png Mallyore

Nikkeltown city hall

Medieval city center on hill with a lot of decorated buildings in specific Mallyorian style, amazing monuments, galleries, museums and famous city hall. Visit church of St. John from 16th century, get lost in small, steep streets, buy in famous Obrtnička street, have a beautiful view on ocean and rest of city, take a rest in local cafes and restaurants or get tanned on small, clean beaches just under Gornji grad's cliffs. Use a local tram or bus service to reach every corner of Nikkeltown in just few minutes.

The real pearl of sacral architecture, 450 years old Saint Stephen's (Mallyorian: Sveti Stjepan) Cathedral in Lavadra is one of the best architectural accomplishments in southern Uletha. Take a photo of amazing stained glass or climb on 45-meters high church bell tower.

MauretiaFlag.svg Mauretia

Lem Lograms Qulcera Mauro  
La Qolna Viega Salda, Salda er Massaeya
OGFmapicon.png Map This cultural designation encompasses nearly the entire old city of Salda. This includes the ancient walls, coliseum, most churches, museums, parks, and over 150 other sites. A select group of individual properties are listed under a separate designation, but coordination is maintained through the historical division of the city's government. The city was selected as the 2001 Ulethan Capital of Culture. Neptune Statue's Fountain at Argotti Gardens. Originally located at Porta Marina.jpeg
La Qatedralas Donna Anosta dal Marre, Salda er Massaeya
OGFmapicon.png Map The Qatedralas Donna Anosta dal Marre (Cathedral of Our Lady of the Sea) is a ninth-century church in the heart of ancient city of Salda. The current church replaced a third-century structure that had burned. The original crypt and adjacent catacombs under the church have been preserved. The church houses some of the relics from the Saldi martyrs that died thwarting the invasion of the city in 822. The mosaics, which were crafted in the 930s, contain both old Maurit and old Hellenesian scripts. The building underwent extensive restoration from 1997–1999. Byzantine mosaics of Osios Loukas monastery GR-H03-0016.jpg

Mercian flag.png Myrcia

The 18th century Cameracórt and Colegcamera
St Anselm Milkirk

The UHS scheme is administered in Myrcia by Ríce Fæsting Tilung

The Oldcampus of Kirkcoleg Myrcia included three of the four 'ancient colleges' founded in the 17th and 18th century. The listing also includes the Cameracórt and the Colegcamera, one of the oldest observatories in the world dating from 1700. (OGFmapicon.png map)

  • Aldfriþ Plæc and St Congar Kirk, Dunwic

Aldfriþ Plæc is at the heart of Dunwic's historic city centre. It is thought to be the site of the abbey from which Dunwic grew in the 15th century. The UHS designation includes the square itself and a number of historic buildings surrounding it. St Congar Kirk is a 16th century church which contains the remains of a number of Myrcian saints including St Anselm and St Eagdyth. The Aldfriþhús dates from the 17th century and was used by monarchs visiting the city until they moved the royal palace here permanently in 1740. (OGFmapicon.png map)

The cathedral of St Anselm was consecrated in 1765, it was constructed as part of the effort to move the national capital from Nórdport to Dunwic in 1740. The exterior is a fine work of Neoclassical architecture but it is best known for its Baroque interior. The ceiling is painted with biblical scenes in rich colour with golden additions whilst the columns and furniture are intricately carved with the figures of Myrcian saints and martyrs. (OGFmapicon.png map)

The islands of Brymshólm and Hólthólm are located in the in St Grimbald harbour. (OGFmapicon.png map)

Vhislands.png Niulutan-Riu

Ostermark Flag.jpg Østermark

Saikyel flag.png Sãikyel

Nevensad

The Red Palace (Bodyoki Palãsy) is a defining cultural landmark of the Sanain city Nevensad and is the largest museum in the country. Constructed in the 18th century, its northeastern wing was razed in the Sanain War. Its three famous domes, named after landmarks in Uletha, are also an important tourist feature, as well as the monument in its vast central courtyard.

The Royal Palace (Palãsy Regai) was, until 1935, the official residence of the Royal Family of the Principality of Nevensad. Located in the 3rd District across from the Nagu Roundabout, the palace and the neighboring Royal Gardens are among the most popular tourist destinations in all of Sãikyel.

  • Sanki Gate

The Sanki Gate (Porta Sanki or Sanki Nem) used to be the gate out of the city towards Kabnik. Today, it stands on Glizu Avenue, across from the giant Dui Glizu shopping center and Glizu Avenue Park. Rather than being designed as a triumphal arch like the Halednem in Sãikyel City, Sanki Gate faces parallel to the traffic, which in modern times goes around an enormous roundabout.

  • Habesta Cathedral

Habesta Cathedral (Uvostal Habesta) was the first church in Nevensad, on the island of Iryalde. It stands at the bottom of Iryalde Park, next to Plessyith Palace.

  • San Germãn (Ubogi) Cathedral

The Cathedral of Saint Germãn, also known as Uvostal Ubogi after the old name of the area now called Nagu, is a large Neoclassical-style church on the Niva between the Royal Palace and the Opera.

  • King Maxim Opera

Sãikyel City

  • Palace of the President and Orange Square
  • Entertainment Mile

Lost country.png Tierajas-Verdes

Ulethan Heritage Sites in Tierajas-Verdes
Map Description Year of Entry Image
Poramati Guha and Kailos Poramatira Mandira

OGFmapicon.png map

The site is formed by two sites within 500 meters from each other; the Poramati Guha System and the Kailos Poramatira Mandira. The Poramati Guha is a long system of 28 carved-caves and a temple carved out from a series of cliff-faces over a mile long. Noted for their intricate carvings representing Sikhism, made from terracotta.

The Kailos Poramatire Mandira is a Pradipi Pavparvati temple a small trip away from the caves. In Pavparvati style, the temple is in shape of a pyramid with 5 tiers to the top, and is made entirely from terracotta, confirmed to have been mined from the Poramati Guha caves, with intricate carvings all the way up.({{MER-coordinates

2006 1000px
Satya Kitaba Gurdwara

OGFmapicon.png map

The walled Pradipi Gurdwara houses the Gurura Jyoti Guptera Gurdwara, personal gurdwara to the sixth Guru. But more importantly the Satya Kitaba Gurdwara which houses the holy-scripture of Pradipi, the Gurura Sampanna Pyaseja. The two gurdwara's are typical of Pavparvati religious architecture in a tiered pyramid style with an extended height of the first tier, and built incorporating intricate terracotta carvings on the outside and inside. The outside wall and moat was a later addition after the end of the Gurura linage to protect the original scripture which holds all scriptures entered by the seven Gururas. 2014
Tentative List for UHS submission of Tierajas-Verdes
Map Description Year of Entry Image
Bajara Plaja and Bajara Krasim

OGFmapicon.png map

The walled old-city of Rajara Bajara. Bajara Plaja is a large interconnected series of markets and plazas inside the walled city, leading right into the historic religious and cultural site of the Bajara Krasim, a major site in the national religion of Pradipi. 2004
Tinati Ta'oyarsa

OGFmapicon.png map

Tinati Ta'oyarsa is a heavily forested island in the center of Punto de Christopher, on the bank of the Ocevei. The island has not been highly developed due to frequent flooding, but the historic buildings including two forts facing towards the Ocevei on the island date back to Castellán colonization of Tierajas-Verdes as well as a much older mosque established in the north of the island. Also present on the island on it's highest point is the residence of the President of Tierajas-Verdes; Nueva Casa del Bosque. 2009
Ruins of Dhakhaikii, Dheso and Koubi

OGFmapicon.png map

The ruined villages of Dhakhaikii, Dheso and Koubi are legacies of Grand Verdese War in which Pavparvati rebels, and the ousted government fought the military junta of General Nirav Kulkarni. The ruined villages were bombed by the Kulkarni's Official National Government, and were abandoned by nearly all residents after the war. It serves as a snap-shot of the war and a memorial for the aftermath. 2010

Tircambry-national-flag.png Tircambry

Uratybara.png Uratybara

Wesmandy-national-flag.png Wesmandy

Wiwaxia Flag.jpg Wiwaxia