Teams (Participated at Least Once)
- Stanton MetroCity, Stanton-NC
- New Carnaby Emperors, Stanton-NC
- Catpaw Oakhill, Gilbertville OA
- Whangiora FC, Whangiora, Country of Aorangëa (Int'l team)
- Warwick Starshiners, Warwick
- Newburyport Whalemongers, Newburyport
- Lafayette Lions, Lafayette, Whitestone
- Leighton Strike, Leighton, Tulpanen
- Burton Cods, Burton, Passamaqueets
- Dunchurch Dreadnaughts, Dunchurch, Arghenna
- Xavier Force, Xavier, Aidlenaide
- Huntington Harbingers, Huntington
- Pronoro Club, Pronoro, Fermont
- Bas-Chanceux Bears, Saint-Armand, Bas-Chanceux
- Beckford State Liners, Beckford, Tulpanen
- Saint Joseph Surgers, Saint Joseph, Osaquoya
- Lake City Blue Stars, Lake City, Minnonigan
How the cup works
The Unity Cup operates in a standard tournament form, including two stages to the event. The first stage, the group stage, divides the constituting competitors into either 4 or 8 groups evenly (4 groups if 16 teams participate that year and 8 groups if 32 teams participate that year). Within each group each team will have the opportunity to play each other team within the group during the group stage.
Each victory in the group stage is awarded with 3 points, each tie is awarded 1 point, and no points are awarded for a loss. At the end of the group stage matches the two teams from each group that have the highest overall points will proceed to the knockout stage. If there is a tie for the number of points that would cause ambiguity to which team would advance, there are several other attributes that are analyzed in a particular order to determine advancement.
First, the team with the highest number of wins would have passing precedence. For example, a team with 1 victory and 2 losses would have precedence above a team with 3 ties.
Second, the team with the highest number of ties would have passing precedence.
Third, the team with the greatest goal differential would have passing precedence.
Fourth, the team with the lowest number of goals against would have passing precedence.
Fifth, the team with the greatest number of goals against would have passing precedence.
Sixth, the team with the lowest number of cautions during tournament play would have precedence. Straight send offs are considered to be worth 3 cautions. A second caution and subsequent send off are worth 2 cautions total.
Seventh, teams would play a tie breaking match to standard procedures, to be completed in overtime or penalty kicks if necessary to advance to the knockout stage.
In the knockout stage teams are placed according to a standard seeding procedure. Teams play matches until a winner is declared, at which point the winner advances to the next stage and the losing team is eliminated. During the final four teams phase, the two losing teams remain in the tournament and play each other in a separate match. The winner of this match is awarded 3rd place in that iteration of the Unity Cup. The two winning teams from the final four compete in the finals match, where the winner is awarded 1st place and the losing team is awarded the 2nd place in that iteration of the Unity Cup.
Teams that compete during the previous iteration of the Unity Cup are automatically reconsidered for a spot in the next Unity Cup, if they should want to accept that offer.
- The Dunchurch Dreadnaughts are the only team to have won every single match in an iteration of the Unity Cup
- Leighton Strike and Xavier Force are the only teams to have won a match in the qualifying group stage and not proceed to the knockout stage
- Burton United, Whangoria FC, and the Dunchurch Dreadnaughts are the only teams to have won every match in the qualifying group stage of a tournament
- Pronoro club is the only team to have lost every match in the qualifying group stage of a tournament
- The highest scoring match on record is when tbd beat the Newburyport Whalemongers 4-3 in the qualifying stage of the 2018 Unity Cup
- Whangoria FC is the only international team to have participated in the Unity Cup
- The Lafayette Lions are the only team not to win a single match in the qualifying stage but still proceed to the knockout round.
|Year / Link||Host Cities||Winner||Runner Up||Third Place|
|2018||Warwick, Penquisset | Stanton, New Carnaby | Burton, Passamaqueets | Lafayette, Whitestone||Dunchurch Dreadnoughts||Stanton MetroCity||Whangiora FC|
|2019||Oxlake, Oakhill | Pronoro, Fermont | Xavier, Aidlenaide | Stanton, New Carnaby|
Process - Randomization
Match outcomes are based on two factors, being....
1) Power Rating: Each team will be given a power rating chosen by a committee abstractly and democratically based on a number of factors including the development of the country, education system, athletic involvement, health, and athletics facilities (Since FSA is relatively new, for the time being this will rely more on the first factor alone, give or take a little). The rating can be anywhere from 1 to 100.
2) Eight digit Weight-randomized Match Output Code (WRMOC): USing a random number generator an eight digit code will be generated, which will determine many important statistics for the match at hand.
Winner and The Code
First of all, the eight digit code is broken down in four two digit segments AB-CD-EF-GH. Then, the power ranking of a team is divided by the summation of the teams power ranking and their opponents power ranking, e.g. Team Alpha has power 60 and Team Beta has power 80. The precent predicted of chance win for Alpha is 60/140, and for Beta it is 80/140. If the first two digits of the WRMOC (AB) lies below the largest precent predicted of chance win, then the favored team wins the first half, wheres if the WRMOC (AB) lies above the largest precent predicted of chance win, then the lower chanced team will win the half. This method is repeated for the second half. If at the end of both halves, it is tied, this method will be repeated again for the entirety of overtime, and if still tied, the match will go to a shootout, which uses different math.
To determine a score of a match, the third and fourth digits of the WRMOC (CD) are used, according to the table below
Match Reconstruction is done to aid shootouts. The power ratings from the start of the match are divided by 2 and added to 50 for a new powering rating. This power rating is the percent chance a shot will go in. The shootouts are conducted 1 shot at a time in this manner.
For penalty allocation, which may come into play in the match, the fifth and sixth digits of the WRMOC are used (EF). The following table below is used to identify the YELLOW CARDS awarded, where the team listed first in the match is the first number
And here is the table for Red Cards given