Welcome! Here I write about my goals and my progress in OGF.
|| Alto Rio Verde, RV, Brasonia
- A long time without writing here... Looks like I finally finished the more than 100 municipal bus routes in Campo Verde city limits. Still the intermunicipal bus routes to do. But I created some routemasters to these ones, hehehe...
- Fulfilling Estácio and Constituição, close to downtown, where I start to set the embassies. Also, creating a decent table in sketch to the official wiki article to Brasonia.
- Talking to Alessa about some mauroi culture in Brasonia... So (she?he?) said something about mauroi people and banana and cork... Well, I start to edit a rural area in Rio Verde state. It will not be a entirely mauroi town, but I supose the major of the mauroi immigrants live/ work in Alto Rio verde town...
- Another good thing about mapping these rural areas... I created a new railway, this time, without asking Sarepava or Histor for help! hahaha!!!
- Histor Style looks so much better to rural areas, hehehe
|| Campo Verde, RV, Brasonia
- A little tired of editing Cata Vento, it is not finished yet as I would like it would be these days. But this project is not abandoned!
- What a idiot thing: Stoping a detailing project of a town, starting a big project about re-creating the country capital city, and also starting to organize all the city/town boundaries in south Brasonia, haha!
- Organizing with creating flags, calculating population, and set all the data in a table created by Mstr - the same OGF-friend who mentioned Barra da Grama as map of the week, thanks guy ;-)
- About re-creating Campo Verde, the task something like I did (but still so far away to finish) in Palmeiras, MR - I need to imagine ALL THE BUS ROUTES (including the stops) before re-create all the streets. But... yes, I am a buses addict, so I can not say not to this work, hahaha. After all of this, the next thing is detailing the city with buildings, but I can not imagine when I will start this step.
|| Cata Vento, MR, Brasonia
- I was detailing Itabi city/ island: Re-creating the streets, imagining bus routes, set so much buildings and landcover as possible (and reallistic, obviously), sketching a wiki article in NotePad...
- Also trying to create a topo map. But I did not get good results yet, and it is annoying. Time to edit in another areas, so...
- I decided about detailing Cata Vento, close to the "famous" Barra da Grama, in Brasonia.
- There is an easter egg here. This shape is a "cata vento" - but I dont know the correct word in english, hehehe
- Problems about where will be the end point to the subway coming from the capital - yes, Cata Vento is not a big place, but the subway system is from the ulta-very-important-capital-of-the-state, hehehe
- There is a lot of things to do, (and a lot of buildings to copy and paste, hahaha), but the recreative internet here in the oil rig is very slow :-(
|| Itabi, ITB, Cariocas
- Not so much time to OGF, and maybe I will be some days, or even weeks, with no edits...
- I was/ I am detailing Itabi city: Re-creating the streets, imagining bus routes, set so much buildings and landcover as possible (and reallistic, obviously), sketching a wiki article in NotePad...
- Following a reallistic line, there will be not so much bus routes here, hehehe.
- There will be something like an "old town" in downtown. But I still no have idea about a "good" old town here. :-(
- Also trying to create a topo map. Is not a easy task - I want to create the most reallistic (third time I wrote this word) as possible.
- Anyway, Itabi island looks bigger than really is, when I edit its topo map. And it is so far to be ready...
- Maybe the topo map should be the last thing to create in this island - only after creating all the landcover, be it urban or rural.
|| Itabi, ITB, Cariocas
- Well, I was starting to detail the coastline of the main island of Cariocas - teh intention here was creating my first topo map. I was driving in a paved street, but suddenly, a mithologic monster crosses my way and I am not able to face it yet. Its name? "Multipolygon", hahaha. Its complete name is giant, and sounds horrible to me: "There are so much nodes to a simple coastline so you need creating a multipolygon". (maybe I am trying to copy the humor from our OGF-friend Eklas, hehehe)
- So, time to focus in a (not so) smaller island: Itabi, in northeastern Cariocas.
- Doing here the same as I would do in Itacolomi and entire Cariocas main island:
- Creating a topo map;
- Detailing the city and towns (would not be "villages"??), to a more realistic population numbers;
- It means: re-do 99% of the streets, hehehe...
|| Itacolomi, ITC, Cariocas
- Hey, OGF-friends: I will not have so much time to OGF projects next days or weeks.
- Anyway, when editing, I will not finish Palmeiras yet - I'm a little tired about editing always the same .osm file, hehehe, sorry!
- I think is time to take a look in Cariocas, spend some atention to my first country and start the re-doing-project of these islands.
- The ideas are:
- Re-sizing all the cities and towns, to a more realistic population numbers
- Creating a topo map
- Editing some wiki articles, as example, the Football Leagues in Cariocas page, that I will use as standard to football articles to my other countries ;-)
- And, what I am doing right now: Detailing the capital, Itacolomi!
- Maybe, re-creating 90% of the streets :-(
- ...in all the country :-(
|| Palmeiras, MR, Brasonia
- Well, looks like I am finishing the task about creating ALL the relations to bus routes in Palmeiras town.
- But always there are places I imagine that needs a route to some other place, hehehe. Mainly about metropolitan bus routes.
- Anyway, the complete (complete??) list of bus routes can be found here.
- Time to start creating streets and buildings to fill the urban area.
- At least, I set schools/hospital/police departments in several localities of the town.
- Also time to detail the bus stations, hehehe!!!
- No, I will not name all the streets this time, because I dont have so much inspiration, sorry!!!
- Hey, how can I forget to mention? I also am listing all the football (soccer) clubs in the area. List? Here!
|| Palmeiras, MR, Brasonia
- Well, looks like Barra da Grama is finished, or not, hehe. Time to put my eyes on its metropolitan area.
- Focused in Palmeiras, just north from Barra da Grama. It will be a very populous place. I need to set so much details/buildings/etc as possible here.
- But before creating a lot of streets, I am re-creating that ones I created before, because is always on my mind about creating relations to all bus routes, hehehe.
- This way, for these days, I am almost all the time creating "invisible lines", imagining the routes before creating the streets.
- I am also editing some details in CataVento, specially the airport and the subway end of route, but maybe it is not visible because I did not map the town yet as I will do.
- PS: Taking a lot of photos in real world to increase some wiki articles, like that one about PetroCar ;-)
|| Old Downtown, Barra da Grama, MR, Brasonia
- Angry: My wife was victim of robbery in the bus/ Fluminense lose to Flamengo in the final of Campeonato Carioca/ again 21 days working very hard in the oil rig.
- Focus in creating buildings to the oldest part of Barra da Grama. A lot of pedestrian streets, bookstores, bars, old churchs, etc etc etc.
- I can't stop quiet: I am also editing Palmeiras, in the metropolitan area. This will be the bigger town of the region. But, first, I need to plan all the bus routes, hehehe
- Trying to correct about the problem of creating juncion-nodes to all my streets :-(
- How can I forget to mention: I start my backup of my "best" maps of Cariocas, before deleting everything in the islands to re-do, as a more realistic islander and indigenous country.
- Paranabi map (with all its tram lines, hehehe) was copied to Delmar, in north Brasonia. And Itacolomi (capital and metropolitan area) was copied to Alcantara metropolitan area, in Luslandia. Of course, soon I will change the names in the new locations. But not all will be lost: I still think about use some old street grids in the future new Cariocas ;-)
|| west Barra da Grama, MR, Brasonia
- Well, looks like I finished naming streets/set buildings in "the-east-side-of-the-west-side".
- Focus now in old downtown.
- Really I am not a fan of nightlife districts, but I know they are importants to the cities as a good and interesting cultural stuff.
- The challenge now is creating any building here, with the most different shapes, not just copy+past previous made buildings, as I always do, hehe.
- Still there are so much work to do in south downtown. But I can say, at least 80% of Barra da Grama is done, hehehe :-D
- Oh, don't forget: If you want to go to Barra da Grama by car, there are toll barriers (like this one) in all the city entrances, hehehe!! $$$
- About more bus routes (again)... Hope it doest not to be a problem in the near future. Or maybe I am doing like real "specialists" creating transportation hubs in new areas and doing not enough to the main ones of the city. Looks like the bus terminal nearest downtown have only metropolitan routes and few local ones... :-/
|| Barra da Grama, MR, Brasonia
- Editing Barra da Grama has been an anoying task because I will stay more 7 days (total, 21 days) working hard in a drilling rig in the middle of the sea so far away from home or any piece of land.
- The east and central side are finished (are??). Except Caracol area (a homage to the ardisferic sibling city).
- In west side, I see, again, a big problem about naming streets. And, as the blocks are too big, I will need to create more streets here. And create names to them }:-(
- If in east end there was an obvious reference to a part of Rio de Janeiro-RJ, in west end there is an obvious reference (but, again, not a copy) to Florianópolis-SC, a city where I went sometimes around 2013 because my last job. (And is the hometown to our friend Diogo Deltanz, hehe!)
- As a way of distraction, creating some hydrographic basin in north Barra da Grama, highly inspired in Joschi81 and Tparigo work. ;-)
|| Barra da Grama, MR, Brasonia
- Still editing in Barra da Grama. But trying to be more organizated, hehe.
- Creating all admin_level relations as possible. Fulfilling all the blocks with buildings. The challenge, again, is creating names to all the streets.
- Names of countries - I always do it. Names of friends. Names of dog races (!?!?). It is hard to me, to be creative!!!!
- Oh, I cant forget to mention: The east side of the city is completed.
- Yes, the east side is largely inspired (but not a copy) from Barra da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro-RJ.
- Also mentioning I have done all the bus routes, hahaha - said the buses addict here, hehehe. But I am always thinking, "this area needs more one or two bus route"... Yes, it is usual to me.
- Anyway, the challenge now is naming the streets here before editing the west side.
|| Barra da Grama, MR, Brasonia
- As I said in a post in Users Diary, I was a long time away to OGF because I get marreid - I was fired - I got a new job some months later (exactly in this sequence).
- Well, I think I am still not able to join the monthly Challenges our friend Luciano always posts.
- My idea to 2017 initially was re-create Cariocas map, my first country in OGF. But I started detailing Barra da Grama, in Brasonia, and here I go! hehehe ;-)
- Not only detailing with buildings - my focus is always in transportation by bus, hehehe. So, "relations", "relations", and "relations"...
- Soon, I will spend atention to Palmeiras and Cata Vento, the metropolitan towns around Barra da Grama by north and west, respectively. Grama, to the east, is a project to the future.
|| North Slovech, SL, Belgravia
- Currently editing north Slovech (Bezigrad and Heverle), and sometimes, also east and downtown.
- As known, Slovech is the capital of Belgravia. Is not its bigger city of the country, but I am not focused about it right now.
- North Slovech is a residential place, but there are some points of interest, as the Arena Slovech (baskettball, volleyball, ice hockey), AquaDome and Parque Beira Mar (I need to change this portuguese name!); and Park Samorin and Kemiterz National in east side, where I still needs to create a lot of streets. But also there are some retail and comercial areas here.
- As Slovech needs to look like an european city, a challenge to me is creating a complete tramways system. Because of this, I am spend so much time in other areas of the city, hehehe.
- Trying to put so much details as possible!!!
|| Bolgrad, SL, Belgravia
- These days I am focused in Bolgrad, a metropolitan northwestern town close to Slovech, the capital of Belgravia. Of course, I am "cheating" in some areas, copying builds and streets I created before, modifying some details and set in new locations.
- Initially Bolgrad would be only a touristic town, but I decided about creating a naval base here (soon I will delete the original one, located in Baisldon, just a few kilometers to northwest, in the other side of the bay).
- The old fort in west end was not based in a David`s star, but in a sheriff star, hehehe. I will create more details in this area yet.
- A challenge to me when I start detailing places in this country was creating a new language, because Belgravia was part of Gran Luslandia, a big area where florescentian is the official language, but this "peace of land" was settled by people from Slavonia and Schwaldia. This way, I tried creating names based in russian, bulgarian and czech and even german (despite the "german words" will appear only in Stockerau region, so far away to the coastline).