User:Mapping Expert/Sandbox/Trinity Island

From OpenGeofiction Encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Warning! This page is just a sketch for the original.
8, -42.484, 161.213
Commonwealth of Trinity Island
Trinity Island
FlagCoat of arms
FlagState Seal
Motto:
"Illuminating the world"
Constituent state ofFlag of the FSA.svg Federal States
CapitalNew Atwick
Official languagesIngerish
DemonymTrinitian
GovernmentState Government
 • GovernorAndrew Warwick
LegislatureGeneral Assembly
 • Upper houseState House of The Senate
 • Lower houseState House of The Representitives
Area
 • Total13794.31 km2
5326.01 sq mi
Population
 • Estimate (2019)5,298,763
TimezoneWUT +10

Trinity Island (/ˈtrɪnəti ˈaɪlənd/), officially known as Commonwealth of Trinity Island, it is a state located in the Southeast Region of the Federal States. It borders the Ardentic Ocean to the east, the states of Passamaqueets and Fermont to the north and Astrantia to the west. It also has a maritime border with Ardencia to the south. The state is named after Trinity Island, the largest island in the state, which was also the first place in the state to be colonized by Ingerland. More than 80% of the population lives in Great New Atwick, an influential region in the history and education of Federal States.

History

Main article: History of Trinity Island

Pre-colonization

Trinity Island was originally inhabited by tribes of the Ardentik language family such as Massangett and Passamaqueet. While the cultivation of products such as fruits and corn complemented their diets, these tribes depended on hunting, gathering and fishing for most of their food. These groups lived in small villages throughout the state, led by a woman named Tachem.

Colonial period

The Atwick, the ship that brought the Progrims who founded Clifgate in 1645.

The first settlers on Trinity Island, the Progrims, arrived aboard the Atwick to Clifgate in 1645, under the command of Captain Benjamin Fletcher, establishing good relations with the natives of the group Massangett. Clifgate was one of the first colonial settlements of Ingerland in Federal States. Fletcher returned to Ingerland to notify the discovery of the colony and receive military and economic support. Another group of settlers, accompanied by Fr. Charles Quentins (spiritual advisor to Fletcher), built the Atwick II to travel to the current Federal States with the goal of being free from the direct control of Ingerland. Upon arriving in the new world in 1652, Quentins proposed to destroy the ship and use the wood to build the first homes. Quentins named the place as New Atwick, referring to the ship that brought them to the new world and allowed them to build their homes.

In 1654, the New Atwick and Clifgate leaders signed the Treaty of Trinity Island, through which they created the Trinity Island Colony which was recognized by a royal letter the following year. The Purifiers believed that the church should be purified, but they were expelled from Ingerland for their beliefs; and then they headed towards Trinity Island Colony in 1669 with the aim of establishing an ideal religious society. However, upon arriving at New Atwick the Purifiers had religious conflicts with the believers of the church directed by Fr. Charles Quentins until finally being expelled from the colony, and it was there when they founded Burton in 1670 in front of the city of New Atwick. The relationship between the colony and Burton was initially strained by their political differences, but finally in 1698 they were unified in the Province of Atwick Bay.

The Province of Atwick Bay began to grow over the years, and its territory occupied the current states of Passamaqueets, Trinity Island, Astrantia, AR120-18 and the eastern part of AR045-01.

Geography

View of New Ingerland Watershed, the highest area in the state, from the north of Trinity Island.

Trinity Island is one of the smallest states in Federal States. It is located in the New Ingerland region of the southeastern Federal States and has an area of ​​13794.31 km² (5326.01 square miles). Several bays and straits give distinctive shape to its coast. New Atwick is the largest city, located on a peninsula north of Atwick Island, which borders Atwick Bay.