Disclaimer: the views expressed in this Bliki are those of this user only, and do not necessarily reflect the views - private or public - of the Federal Peninsula of Canwyru. Then again, they would ask me to say that, wouldn't they?
Starting a Bliki two days after launching a project? That's all you really need to know about me, a relative stranger with the right to a piece of land in Archanta. A pleasure to meet you.
Had a decent crack at editing the last few days, so let's try and remember everything I've been up to:
- Declaring AR006 as the Federal Peninsula of Canwyru;
- Blanking the (relatively undeveloped) land, save for a few small woods;
- Drawing two main rainforest sections in JOSM - Broadland Major and Broadland Minor - and wishing I spent more of my years editing OpenStreetMap using an editor other than iD;
- Following the beginner's bible by drawing motorways everywhere;
- Realising I'd only drawn four main trunk routes and actually that's pretty reasonable for now;
- Following the OGF guide and drawing something that isn't a motorway (read: rivers);
- Back into JOSM to tidy some things up, and trying to make coastlines look more realistic;
- Oh look, a hamlet! Hello The Buckland, population 88. Your detached houses will look wonderful tucked away alongside the border of an undeveloped country on an otherwise empty primary road! Speaking of random developments...;
- ...so about those two rail lines you placed under the roundabout linking State Highway 1 with State Highway 3 in the north? Better do something about that;
- Deleting left over road segments - oops. Attention to detail and all that;
- That north coastline is looking in need of realistic-ing up. Yes, that is a word;
- Thinking about how I'll actually write the Wiki article reminds me that for the sake of verisimilitude I should have an economy that is functioning;
- Oh hello construction projects! That hydro-electric dam project should support a town next to it right?;
- Drawing/re-drawing a border control point, because I live in Australia and the concept of land borders bewilders me
- Deciding on three main cities and their functions - Bellevue, the economic capital and largest city; Port Tucker, the new (1990s-onwards) industrial capital; and New Fitzroy, the cultural and administrative capital (and national capital!), and;
- Drawing a proper motorway. A beginner has come full circle.
The humidity hasn't gotten to me yet, but best keep an eye on that.
Hello. Seems like you managed to claim my former territory. Have fun with that. It isn't bad so far; hope you start developing some towns. Where will the capital be?--Happy mapping and God blesses you, ZK (talk) 02:43, 17 August 2019 (CEST)