Ingerland and Empire
I've been hoping for a while that someone would give the Ingerish Empire a bit of love. With regard to your comment on the Ingerish Games talk page, I think a good place to start would be to determine what the Commonwealth is, a bit about how it came to be, and how it works. I would imagine it would be very similar to the current British Commonwealth, but with adaptions for OGF. As for the games, maybe we can work on some of the host cities and events together - I know Vodeo would love to host some.
There's also the matter of the Ingerish Civil War, which ended Ingerland's First Empire. So far it's just a very rough sketch of a war of some description in the 1710s and 1720s, that prompted a bunch of countries to split off. Maybe we could put together some kind of basic framework, and then co-ordinate with other countries (I believe Paroy and Wiwaxia would be of use here) to come up with some more details. ParAvion (talk) 12:41, 24 June 2017 (CEST)
- I'm in agreement with you on the shape and scope of the Ingerish Commonwealth viz. it's RL version. The Commonwealth is an odd beast, it's considerably more expansive in scope than say La Francophonie or the Comunidade dos Países de Língua Portuguesa. To this day, I have no idea what our dear leaders do at CHOGM ;) Whether we look at some of the failed ideas for the Commonwealth that never came to be - such as a trade bloc, or keep it as a glorified, but much beloved, excuse to hang out with the Queen - I guess that's up to us?
- I also agree that we should bring in anyone who's even given this a few minutes thought in the past. Any and all help will be a bonus. We probably need to go on a recruitment drive too. There are only five?! countries that have specifically opted in to the Ingerish Commonwealth on the Ingerland page. Id like at least 20-30 if we can manage it :) Turnsole80 (talk) 13:12, 24 June 2017 (CEST)
- Perhaps it could be our version of CANZUK, the proposal for closer ties between Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom. For the most part a trade bloc, but also an organisation based on shared language, identity, values, and whatnot. And as for the membership list of the Commonwealth, it's complicated somewhat by the number of countries that have Ingerish listed as an official language, but no developed ties to Ingerland. There's not many that I know of (Vodeo, Paroy, South Astrasia/New Ingerland (what's going on with those two?), and Wiwaxia) that have developed a concrete link with the Mother Country. ParAvion (talk) 13:27, 24 June 2017 (CEST)
- Yes, I'm glad you noticed that there's some disconnect between South Astrasia and New Ingerland. New Ingerland will be moving to another location later in the year. I'm not sure where yet, probably KA073 when that area is opened up, or perhaps near Vega in Astrasia - it's yet to be decided by me or the admins. In any case, I'm slowly pulling the two apart on the map and prepping for the move. If New Ingerland disappears off the map for a bit don't panic, I have a local copy that is up to date :)
- I've asked User:Andy for permission to draw up a list of Ingerish monarchs. I have this harebrained idea that the kings/queens of those Ingerish Commonwealth realms that have a monarchy are related to the Ingerish royals, perhaps as descendants of younger members of the royal family in the XIX century, or through marriage in more recent times. TBH I haven't decided if New Ingerland will have a home-grown monarch or a governor-general like our distinguished realms in RL (Yeah i'm a massive kiwi-phile just saying ;) ). Turnsole80 (talk) 13:48, 24 June 2017 (CEST)
- Psst, I don't want to seem like a needy neighbour or anything, but there's some land to the north and south of Vodeo that could do with claiming. Just saying.
- As for the monarchs, I love that idea. I haven't really figured out a plausible origin for Vodeo's royal family - I had thought about the first king being the former Cambrian governor, but that seems a bit far-fetched. Cambria and St Austell broke away from Ingerland in 1725, and it was only by sheer good luck and timing that they got away with it. Having moved Vodeo from Earth to OGF, there's a lot of history that needs to be re-written. ParAvion (talk) 13:56, 24 June 2017 (CEST)
- I know what you mean, much of Vodeo originally shared Auckland's climate, but it actually turned out quite well. With all those tropical crops like coffee, tea, and bananas (pre-bent for your convenience), the twin colonies were able to make buckets of cash. Snow doesn't fall in Holme anymore and the summers sit in the mid-thirties, but everything came together nicely. Really, Tarephia strikes me as the forgotten child in OGF, what with the domination of Uletha and the development of Archanta and Antarephia, so some more activity here would be ideal. ParAvion (talk) 14:19, 24 June 2017 (CEST)
The Ingerish Games
- Yes I have, and at this stage I can't think of anything more to add beside specifying that the games take place every four years in between the Geolympic Games, and lengthening the table. All of the sports I have been thinking of are already in the list, so that looks good. Perhaps a logo or flag is in order. ParAvion (talk) 21:20, 24 June 2017 (CEST)