The Welcome Islands (Beha: Zaioturai; Cambric: Ynysoedd Croeso) is an archipelago located off the coast of Brynderwyn, Cambria, Vodeo. The Welcome Islands consist of 22 islands, the largest of which are (in order of land area) Welcome Island, William Island, Providence Island, Gull Island, and Shelley Island. The islands had a population of 9,425 in the 2012 census, predominantly based in the towns of Gibbons Bay, Port Elizabeth, and Green Bay.
Although the Port Adelaide area was well-populated by the Carotara tribe, the islands themselves remained uninhabited owing to traditional beliefs about spirits residing there (the islands' Beha name, Zaioturai, translates as "where the spirits live"). In 1598 the first Rhysiogan settlers arrived on the island at Stuck Bay. The islands came under Ingerish control following the transfer of the ownership of New Cambria in June 1616, and two months later the town of Port Elizabeth was founded, followed in 1619 by Gibbons Bay.
By 1650 the islands had been almost completely turned over to the burgeoning sugar industry, and with the rise of piracy between in the mid-to-late 17th century, became an important base for pirates and Ingerish privateers. Port Elizabeth and Gibbons Bay in particular became fairly wealthy from the sugar, alcohol, and prostitution industries. The islands served as a minor naval base during the War of the Vodean Coast, where the Castellanese and Florescentan navies attempted to seize the colonies of Cambria and St Austell from Ingerland during the Ingerish Civil War. Following the end of piracy in the Sea of Uthyra by the 1740s, the islands returned to a sole focus on the sugar trades, with Port Henderson and Grace Bay reverting to coastal villages.
In the 1920s the islands became established as a popular game fishing area through the writings of Ingerish novelist and game fisher Aubrey Davis, who wrote of his fishing trips in one book, An Angler's Haven. Interest in the islands continued to grow from the 1950s onward, with the tourism industry helping to rekindle interest in the islands' pirate past. In 1999, the entirety of Port Elizabeth was added to the National Historic Register, and in 2006 was named part of a Commonwealth Heritage Site situated around the Port Adelaide area.