- This article is about the capital district and capital city of the Federal States. For the capital of Esterlon, see Huntington or use the disambiguation page.
|14, -37.5829, 157.8806|
|• Federal District||Capital District|
The Capital District is divided in the City of Huntington, the towns of Marysville, Mintington and Old Huntington and several smaller villages.
The City of Huntington itself has 1,845,601 inhabitants, and the area is 352.46 sq mi² (or 912.87 km²), with a population density of 5236/mi² (or 2021.8/km²).
To end the discussion about the "real" metropolis of the newly independent Federal States, in 1805, the city of Huntington was founded. The city began near Old Huntington, which was the birthplace of General Huntington himself, and was founded by the grandfather of the general.
The first part of the city was the hexagon, enclosed by the Osaquoya Avenue, Wilthamshire Avenue, Arghenna Avenue, the southern part of the Esplanade, Fermont Avenue and Seneppi Avenue with a riverbridge at Gilliad Avenue. The government of the Federal States of Archanta is concentrated in this hexagon or nearby. A few years later, Newlynn Avenue was built at a point on the hexagon to create the second bridge over the river.
The Kalmish-born architect Charles Cindman designed, as was common in that time, broad avenues out of the town in a straight line to allow people to have a sightline of the soft, hilly landscape. Government offices were built along these avenues, with trees lining the sides of the road. Today, this design allows Huntington to avoid problems that meet other towns with overcrowded traffic.
The next step of urbanization was the quarter on the eastern bank of the river. Nowadays, the area north of Union Station is the main commercial and financial district of Huntington.
The first railway reached Huntington in 1845 with a line from the Grand Lakes. This station lays near the Seneppi Avenue and is now a luxurious shopping mall. The second railway's termimus is on the east side of the river near the Gilliad Bridge, and leads to Stanton. These stations should have been demolished in 1906 when the Union Station was built, but the former became a shopping mall and the latter a museum.
... more will follow ...
In 1921, the first subway line (now the Red Line) was opened. The most recent line is the Orange Line, which was constructed between 1998 and 2013.
... more will follow ...
Towns and Villages
As capital of the Federal States, the most important central administration departments, the parliament, the senate, and the seat of the president are situated in Huntington.
Roads and Rails
Huntington is connected with 3 motorways: FS-1 (leading to Stanton), FS-21 (traveling along the east coast), and FS-50 (leading to the western FSA).
The first railway line in Huntington was opened in 1845, going 20 km to Marysville, running parallel to Jundah Avenue. (In May 1926, this line was incorporated into the Huntington subway system.) Later, the railway to the Grand Lakes area began near Jundah Place. The station for the railway to Stanton was built near the Gilliad Bridge. In 1906, the Union Railway Station became the central railway station for Huntington. The older stations for the lines to the Great Lakes and Stanton then were closed.
Huntington has a subway-system of six lines (red, green, blue, brown, silver and orange) nicknamed "Huntington Pipeline". The first line was the red line, opened in 1921. For further information, see the special article Huntington Subway. Too there is a railway connction from Union Station to the International Airport with stops between, to change in the blue or orange subway-line.
- Opera House:  erected 1917 - 1928 with white granite from New Carnaby and sponsored by the writer and philanthropist Edmond Richardson (1845 - 1934). First opera played was "The Love of the Butterfly" from the in the FSA well known composer Arthur de Leen (1878 - 1959). On the map you see it here 
- Dramatic Theater (main theatre of the city) in the "Black Ink" quarter - see 
- Theater Quarter at southern end of Passamqueets Avenue - see 
- some other in several quartiers of the town
- One Cluster is at Seneppi Avenue - see 
- An other we find in the Uletha Quarter
- Central Museums at Museums Street - see 
- Transportation Museum and Vintage Cars - see 
- History of Huntington and Stanton Railway - see 
- National Library and National Archive at Triangle - see 
Newspapers and Publishers: The "Black Ink" Quarter has its name from this profession. Here is situated the "Huntington News" and the "Dayly Telegraph". In the Track Triangle quarter we find "The Mirror"
Worth to see
- The historic site of the first nine presidents - see 
- The .... , home of the president of the FSA - see 
- Grayhorse Inn, oldest guesthouse of the town with great beergarden - see 
- Huntington Hall, the birthplace of General Huntington in Old Huntington - see 
- Huntington Zoo, one of the greatest in the FSA with a great birdpark - see 
- Museum of Transportation (on the former tracks of the Lakes Railway) - see 
- National Assembly - see 
- Opera House - see 
- Waltmore Hall - first assembly of the congress of the FSA - see