St. Richards from above, view across the Forum.
St. Richards, formally known as the Duchy of St. Richards, is the capital, second largest city in the Kingdom of Pretany, and one of the most densely populated cities in Uletha. It is the country's principal political, Religious, and cultural centre, sometimes described as the Heart of Pretany. In 2014, according to the census, St. Richards had 8.3 million inhabitants. The city-state covers an area of 2,128 km² and is one of the three last remaining duchies in Pretany, along with Port Emporia and Raggleneth. St. Richards had been a small Nortian trading post since antiquity, but became a duchy occupying the north bank of the Little Turpis River with its formation during the Second Great Reformation, or the fall of the Inaran Nation and the creation of the Kingdom of Pretany, on 17 September 1373, replacing the former capital of Port Emporia. Since the formation of the St. Richards Papacy, the catholic faith and Franquese language spread throughout the globe partially due to the efforts of the Beglidere dynasty.
The centers of all branches of the federal monarchy of Pretany are located within the duchy, including the Royal Palace, presidential offices, Pretanic Federal Legislature buildings, House of Parliament, and the Royal Court. St. Richards is home to many national monuments, museums, and religious houses which are primarily situated on or around Old St. Richards Forum and Kingdom Square. The city hosts 30 foreign embassies as well as the headquarters of many international organizations, trade unions, non-profit organizations, and professional associations.