Main Page

From OpenGeofiction Encyclopedia
Revision as of 22:22, 1 June 2017 by Stjur (talk | contribs) (Undo revision 79077 by NanoOniichan (talk))
Jump to: navigation, search
Welcome to OPENGEOFICTION WIKI
The Encyclopedia of the fictional world of Opengeofiction
5,354 articles in English and counting
 
UlethaAntarephiaTarephiaArchantaErevaKartumiaOranoPelanesiaWorld Map.png

About the wiki and Announcements

The Wiki exists to describe the places mapped in the OpenGeofiction world.

New users receive a wiki account when they are assigned a territory. Other users may contact admin for an account. Before adding to the wiki, however, please read the guidelines and develop some significant mapping first. Post here if you have any wiki questions.

If you are enjoying the features on this main page, please take the time to make thoughtful nominations. (articles, maps, pictures, trivia)

For more announcements and other news, check out the latest posts in the new OGF Discussion Forum.

Featured Wiki Article

View from Royal Shipyards
Wiwaxmouthe is the capital of Wiwaxia. The city proper has 1.29 million residents and the metro area is 2.1 million. It is the largest city in Wiwaxia, with extensive transportation links including two major train stations, the Wiwax Pargiter International Airport and major highways W301, W331, W341 and R21. Wiwaxmouthe is the seat of government, with both Parliament and the royal palace of Excelsior. It is also home to the country's primary naval base, the Royal Admiralty.

The first settlements at the mouth of the RIver Wiwax date from c. 270. Archeologists have found axe heads and the remains of fires that predate this, but the foundations of several large shelters from c. 270-320 were found during excavations made in the cleanup of contamination on Cog Island in 1977 are acknowledged to be the first permanent settlements in the area.

The first recorded history is of the Abbey of St. Kenelm and the little village that grew up around it, founded c. 1530 originally by Kalmish monks. However, it wasn't until more than a century later when the Ingerish gained a permanent foothold that construction began on the LIttle Mother Palace, which was the true beginning of the city of Wiwaxmouthe. Built for the Ingerish Governor between 1637-1638, the spot for the palace was chosen for its strategic position. Later governors reinforced the palace and also had Wiwax Greatkeep built on the other side of the river, as well as the Great Church. With the safety that the Little Mother Palace and the GreatKeep provided, the village that had sprung up around the palace became a town, expanding towards St. Kenelm Abbey.

More . . .

Archive - Nominate an article

Did you know...

Nahuwa-beach.png
  • ... that in Wiwaxia, men did not gain the right to vote until 1875?
  • ... that one of the football teams of Taparello, in Latina, is known as the "Rats?" '
  • ... that Khaiwoon's "most famous ambassadors" are a 10-year-old cartoon detective and a talking rabbit? '
  • ... that Aaby in Zylanda is famous for its "Exotikkwarta", the "exotic" neighbourhood with temples of many religions and shops selling world cuisines?
  • ... that 100% of the electricity on Nahuwa Atoll (pictured) is now supplied by solar power?

Archive - Nominate an article

Useful Links

Featured Map


Loading map...

Istria in Antharia, first capital of the Antharian Kingdom, by Stjur.
More

Archive - Nominate a map

Featured Picture

70vargurecto.png 70varguverso.png

70-vark banknote, front and back, from the country of Řots. (Created by user Rasmus Rasmusson).

More . . .

Archive - Nominate a picture

Wiki