This page is a guide for the collaborative creation of the country of Lentia. Lentia is the OGF-Dutch (Lentian) homeland and is fully mapped in Dutch. It is a densely populated and wealthy democracy in West Uletha (OGF-Europe) located at the Vinn Sea. Lentia had several colonies based on trade in the past and still heavily relies on trade and international cooperation. The mapping style is very similar to the Netherlands, but regional differences allow for a more Flemish styled south-west, an Ardennes styled central region and a Swiss styled mountainous region in the south-east.
Any mappers interested in mapping in Dutch with a Dutch, Belgian or Alpine theme are encouraged to take part in this collaborative project. Non-Dutch speaking mappers wanting to contribute are also welcome. If you want to join, just message the coordinator of the territory Squizie3 via e-mail or via a DM in Discord, either in Dutch or English. Once you're allowed to map in Lentia, you will have quite a bit of freedom to detail and create cities, natural features, etc., as long as it is in line with the general guidelines detailed further down this page.
Some collaboration rules
- Only map in Lentia after you contacted the coordinator of the territory Squizie3 to gain permission.
- Once you're allowed to map in Lentia, you can map quite freely without asking permission to make changes, as long as you follow the rules below.
- Mapping style is Dutch, Belgian or Alpine. Look at OpenStreetMap for inspiration.
- Names etc. are in Dutch for the whole territory. Exceptions obviously exist for international brands etc., just like in the real world.
- A draft map of the territory is included below showing almost all large scale features. Make sure to take a look at it.
- Detailing on all scales is heavily encouraged. If you map in the aforementioned style and coherent to the draft map, much is possible.
- Creating new medium to small scale features is allowed, just make it look coherent with other mapped areas and real world maps.
- Creating new large scale features such as mountain ranges, larger islands, large cities, completely new long distance motorways, trunks, railways etc. that do not appear on the draft map are not allowed unless discussed with other mappers first, especially the coordinator Squizie3. There are already a lot of large scale features that lack any detail, so you can work on detailing those instead. Short extensions of trunks, ring roads, railway branches, expansions of cities, etc. are no problem however.
- Detailing the work of others is allowed, as this further improves the quality of the map. Removing work of others to replace it with less detail is discouraged and should generally be avoided, or should be discussed with other mappers first.
- No copying from real world maps such as OpenStreetMap. This would classify as plagiarism and is not tolerated on OGF, nor in Lentia.
- It is encouraged to participate in discussions with others about the country, proposals for larger changes, details you like to change of others' work, etc. either on this page's talk page or on our more active dedicated group chat on Discord (ask Squizie3).
- Everyone editing the territory is highly encouraged to let others know they are currently editing an area to prevent upload conflicts.
- Further mapping guidelines on how and what features are mapped in Lentia are available below. Make sure to take a look at them too.
- Have fun mapping!
Lentia is divided in three regions (gewesten). The northern region is mostly a densely populated plain similar to the Netherlands, the southwestern region is another slightly smaller densely populated plain with some more Flemish elements, and the southeastern mountainous region boasts similarities with the Alps. The area around the border between the northern and the southwestern region is a hilly landscape similar to the Ardennes (Wallonia) and southern Limburg.
Road infrastructure closely follows real world Netherlands roadway principles. The following table gives some guidelines:
|Road category||Tag||Ref||Speed limit (km/h)||Cycling||Usage|
|Outside built-up areas||Built-up areas|
||A1 - A999||120||(100)||Prohibited||Motorways link long distance relations of national importance with high volumes, fully grade separated.|
||E1 - E999||100||100 (80)||Prohibited||Expressways link slightly less important relations on a regional scale or less high volume city traffic without national importance, mostly grade separated but traffic signals or (turbo) roundabouts can in some cases exist. No pedestrians/cyclists/tractors etc. allowed, and no roadside development possible. In most cases 2x2, but can be 2x1 in some.|
|Gewestweg (= Rijksweg)||
||N1 - N999||80||50||Separate cycle lanes or parallel roads|| Normal roads of regional importance managed by the states or provinces. Inside city centres some important access roads managed by the municipality can also be classified as |
||/||Zone 60||50||Mixed with traffic, possibly separate cycle lanes or parallel roads, especially in built-up areas||Normal roads of municipal importance, also connect small villages together.|
||/||Zone 60||Zone 30||Mixed with traffic||Unclassified roads. Mostly for access to agriculture or industry.|
||Residential streets where people live, but also for offices, shops,... in built-up areas.|
||/||-||20||Mixed with traffic and pedestrians||Street where sidewalk and roadway are merged together so pedestrians may walk wherever they want.|
||F1 - F999||/||/||-||Cycle highways connect some major regional destinations with first class bicycle infrastructure to facilitate long distance cycling. In most cases follows canals or (former) railways. Crossings with secondary roads or higher are grade separated, smaller intersections can be at grade with priority for cyclists. Sometimes parts of cycle highways can follow residential streets that are designated as cyclestreets (fietsstraten). Numbering of cycle highways takes over a number of a nearby road connecting roughly the same destinations.|
Possible speed limits are 120 - 100 - 80 - 60 - 50 - 30 - 20. Road number digits are unique for one contiguous roadway, independently of their A, E or N prefix, which only indicate the road category. So e.g. if the N54 primary road turns into a trunk, the ref changes into E54, and if it turns into a motorway the ref turns into A54. This also means it is not allowed to have e.g. both a secondary road N2 and a motorway A2 running roughly parallel, because they are different roads so should use different digits.
List of frequently mapped business chains in Lentia. Please add chains that will have locations in more than one city in Lentia, so others can consult this list to further spread the chains throughout the country. Add them alphabetically based on type.
|Type||Tag||Company name||Brands / franchises||Origin||International||Operating area in Lentia||Headquarters||Special requirements||Extra info|
||De Bioscoop||De Bioscoop||Lentia||No||Countrywide||TBD||/||/|
||18||18||Lentia||Countrywide||TBD||/||Fashion for young women|
||Antibes||Antibes, Eauxvandes||Lentia||Countrywide||Haute Couture|
||Denim Square||Denim Square||Lentia||Maybe some neighboring countries||Countrywide||TBD||/||Specialized in denim clothes|
||Or||Or, Plage||Lentia||Countrywide||TBD||Haute Couture|
||Scharf||Scharf||Lentia||Countrywide||TBD||/||Elderly target group|
||Vacher||Vacher||Welstand-Westrijk||OGF:International Business Listing||Countrywide||Forgen, WW||Large Cities||Haute Couture|
||Velden & Cwyn||Velden & Cwyn,||Lentia||Countrywide||TBD||/||Fashion for youth|
||Your Style||Your Style||Lentia||Countrywide||TBD||Fashion for youth|
+ see requirements
|Gobeletplain||Gobeletplain||Mergany||OGF:International Business Listing||Countrywide||Mergany||Instructions for tagging and adding to the chain's relation at Talk:Gobeletplain||Chain similar to real world Starbucks|
||Bob's Bouwmarkt||Bob's Bouwmarkt||Lentia||No||Countrywide||TBD||/||/|
||Huis & Tuin||Huis & Tuin||Lentia||No||TBD||TBD||/||/|
|Fast food restaurant||
||StarBurgers||StarBurgers||Freedemia||OGF:International Business Listing||Countrywide||Freedemia||/||Chain similar to real world McDonald's|
||Pern||Pern||Lentia||Countrywide||Luxury hotel chain|
||Het Paradijs||Het Paradijs||Lentia||Countrywide||Hertogswilt||/||Buffet restaurant|
||TBD||TBD, TBD Express||Lentia||TBD||Countrywide||TBD||/||/|
||Megamarkt||Megamarkt||Lentia||TBD||Countrywide||TBD||'Normal' Dutch-style supermarket||Discount supermarket chain (similar to real world Aldi)|
|Minimegamarkt||Small supermarkets at fuel stations or in old city centres|
Currently according to OGF general guidelines we should not yet start embassies abroad because the country needs to be mapped a bit more first. However, one embassy was already taken over from former Vinnmark, so here's a very short list.
A list of names for Lentian royalty.
- Prinses Catherine
- Hertogin Johanna van Zilverbergen