I changed the name of the article to English version (without the diacritic) as the general policy is that the name should be given in the language used in the article rather than the native name (for example in English Wikipedia article about Germany would be under "Germany", not "Deutschland"). If for some reason it has to be given with dacritic, it can stay though. Best regards, Rustem Pasha (talk) 14:24, 4 March 2022 (UTC)
- Yeah, that's what I figured. I'm thinking I'll either change the name back to English (or it's translation to English). I appreciate the message :) —Unsigned comment by Anonymous21 (talk).
Hello! I hope you're having a great day. I saw your request to update the flag template. Normally, I would be happy to do it straightaway, but I do have to take pause in the current situation. Although I am not strict in my enforcement on the wiki, we do have a site policy about verisimilitude that comes into play here. I would strongly encourage you to consider revising the color scheme of the flag a bit—namely, the instances and juxtapositions of bright neon colors that might work on a computer screen but don't really on a flag. Having a single-color standard in the background would also go a long way to helping. I will tell you that this is something I've wrestled with in the past myself. Mauretia's flag had too neon of a yellow back on the old wiki, since my computer was old and didn't have a good rendering. Anyway, I'm not here to police flags down to the detail, but we do have a site policy that cannot be ignored in this instance. If you have questions or would like advice, I'm happy to offer some. Thanks! — Alessa (talk) 00:12, 3 October 2022 (UTC)
- Hi Alessa: I can see what you're saying about the bright colors. I changed the background to a solid gray and toned down the colors so they aren't as bright. It's at https://wiki.opengeofiction.net/index.php/File:Karaflagrevised.png. What do you think?
- Hello! This is definitely better. And, thank you for uploading a newer version of a file (with the same name) rather than a separate file altogether. I would still encourage you to simplify it a bit, but this would work for now. The grey background could stand to be a little lighter (if not white), and consider using only two or three colors for the mandala-like figure in the center instead of six. Even so, that's for you to play around with here or there. If you do make changes, just upload a new version instead of a new file like you did this most recent time. Thanks! — Alessa (talk) 19:35, 5 October 2022 (UTC)
- Thanks for the suggestions! I changed the background color (I agree that it looks better that way). The colors are supposed to go fully across the color spectrum, if you will, and I figured that blocks of color would be better and more realistic than a gradient. Thanks so much for your help! - Anonymous21 (talk) 20:39, 5 October 2022 (UTC)
Hello again. I forgot to mention that you should be careful when uploading files to the wiki that their names are something meaningful in some way rather than a gibberish of numbers and letters. I've renamed the "Svgfiles 2022-10-04-02-50-19-849798-1704072163049278158.svg" to File:Kara legislative diagram.svg for now. Please keep this in mind going forward. Also, keep in mind that categories must be added and a license selected. Please be sure to follow the instructions on the upload page. Thanks. — Alessa (talk) 19:45, 5 October 2022 (UTC)
- Okay - I will do that in the future. I didn't know you could edit file names, so thanks for telling me that too! Anonymous21 (talk) 20:35, 5 October 2022 (UTC)
Hi! According to our Wiki policy pages about languages are not allowed yet. Given that I moved Karska page to your sandbox page where you can develop it until the policy change will happen. Rustem Pasha (talk) 12:35, 14 January 2023 (UTC)