The Surian Confederation (Suria) is a territory in central Uletha and a collaborative project on a national scale. It consists of 11 confederative units (republics) with high autonomy. However, have in mind that Suria is a confederation and Surian republics are not independent.
Ideas and rules
Currently, out of 11 republics, 5 are available for claiming and one for participating in republic collaboration.
|Republic||Status||Owner/Coordinator||Mapping inspiration and culture elements||Area on OGF|
|Sur||available||none||parts of Russia||UL16a|
|Lido||owned||sudo90||St. Petersburg area with Western European influence||UL16c|
|Marv||available||none||Central Asian and Turkic elements||UL16d|
|Livadia||available||none||Central Asian and Turkic elements||UL16e|
|Karzalia||owned||thermo_nuclear||Russian and Turkic elements||UL16f|
|Chobouk||available||none||Russian and Turkic elements||UL16g|
|Bardash||owned||ante44||South Slavic conlang and Russian elements||UL16i|
Before joining, few things you should have in mind regarding the lore of country:
- Suria is a socialist country with planned economy. You should adapt your mapping and develop your lore and ideas in this direction.
- Although not a direct copy, Surian Confederation is highly inspired by the Soviet Union, with some major differences:
- Surian republics are more autonomous than the republics and territorial units of ex-USSR. This means that each republic has its own government, ministries and sub-republic administrative units. However, the army and foreign affairs are coordinated on national level.
- Suria is less totalitarian and authoritarian than ex-USSR. It is democratic to some extent: there is an election system strongly favorizing different socialist parties.
- Local cultures other than Surian (Russian) are not repressed, especially constitutive republic nations (other Slavic nations, Turkic nations). Republics can not be overpowered; the concept of confederation implies joint decision-making and the vote equality of every constitutive republic. Nevertheless, Surian culture is major one and dominant, with Surian (Russian) language acting as lingua franca of the country.
- You could loosely imagine the Surian Confederation as the vision of the Soviet Union in modern times if it had not dissolved. Again, please refrain from any direct copying from real world.
Urban mapping style mostly resembles old Eastern European or Central Asian forts and towns, blended with Soviet-styled mapping in 20th century and contemporary time. Rural areas are diverse and represent various regions of ex-Soviet Union. For general plans regarding climate and geography, or peculiarities of certain region, feel free to contact coordinators or republic owners.