From OpenGeofiction Encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
15, 27.3128, 101.4033
Old Town from Bruzari Castle
Coat of arms
CountryFlag of Antharia.png Antharia
 • ProvinceSteag Bugeac.png Budshak Province
Ethnic Groups
Romanish: 67%
Moldavian: 24%
Franquese: 2%
 • MayorIvan Ciungora
 • PrefectVlad Hieremia
Elevation571-623 m
 • Estimate (2011)Increase 249,200
Bruzari (Ingerish: Bruszar; Moldavian: Брузарй; Franquese: Brouzaire; Pollonian: Brausen), the capital city of the Budshak Province, is one of the important centers of economic, social and cultural development in the northern part of Antharia, retaining these characteristics throughout history. The city is nestled between the hills that separate and unify in a harmonious way with the Carpathian Mountains. Located on the banks of Dragea River, that divides the city in a older, southern part and a newer, northern part, it is the meeting point of two different cultures: Romanish and Moldavian. The city is located in the north-east of Antharia. It is famous for being the oldest city founded in the Romanish Kingdom, being first mentioned in the 11th century under the name Brujar (Брꙋџáр).

Bruszar's "Old Town" (Centru Vechi) is internationally renowned for its baroque architecture and is one of the best-preserved city centers in Antharia. It was listed as a Ulethan Heritage Site in 1996. Tourists visit Bruzari to tour the historic center, visit the Fortress with Kremlin and the scenic montane surroundings.


The settlement was first mentioned under the name Brujari (Брꙋџáрй), which means in the regional Romanish dialect "peasants" or "cultivators", as bruj means in Romanish "earth".

The name of the city was officially changed to Bruz̦ár' in 1862, when the old Romanish alphabet was replaced by the transitional one, which used the letter z̦ instead of the old letter џ (j).


The first known reference to Bruzari dates from 1047 as a meeting place of King Sviatoslav of Romany and the Quartian army, led by Prince Bellême II. At the time it was a minor town on the western border of Dukas-Toridava Principality.

In 1056, King Sviatoslav fortified the town with a timber fence and a moat. After 44 years, the Quartians under Charles II burned the city to the ground and killed its inhabitants.

File:Bruzari 1650.jpeg
Bruzari in 1650
In the 13th century, St. King Stephen the Great of Romany founded a bishopric near it, the present Ortholic Diocese of Bruzari. The city flourished both economically and culturally during the 14th and 15th century as part of the Kingdom of Romany. It was at this time that the Fortress of Bruzari, first mentioned in 1441 during the first Surian invasion, was first built. It would be destroyed and rebuilt more than three times over the course of following centuries. The 16th century would prove to be one of the most prosperous periods in the city's history up to that point. Many works of art would be added to the city, including: statues of the Romanish kings Janko of Budshak (Iancu de Bugeac), St. Stephen (Sân Ștefan), Enri and Ladislau, as well as the equestrian sculpture of St. King Justinian I (1529), the first proto-renaissance public square equestrian in Uletha.
Provinces and counties in Antharia
Steag Bugeac.png Budshak Province


Steag Cadrilater.png Quadrilateral Province

Steag Dalbatria.png Dalbatria Province
BuzagiaCalabașiTârnava MareTârnava Mică

Steag Polonia.png Pollonia Province
CarașMuscelPiatraȘapte Sate

Steag Corția.png Quartia Province

Steag Valahia.png Vallaquia Province
AlmașArțelBărădinBărăganHotinLăpușnaStoroginețȘapirioTrei Scaune