Kadmar was an ingerish colony located on the northwestern coast of Antarephia and corresponding to West Kadmar and Leresso. Its capital was Magenta wich was also the ingerish settlement in that territory. The Colony approximately covered a land area of 48,846.66 km2 (17,454.64 sq mi) and has a population of about 8 million people in 1849 (650,000 Ingerans for 7,350,000 Everians).
- 1 Etymology
- 2 History
- 3 Geography
- 4 Economy
- 5 Demographics
The Colony beared the name of the main river of the region, the Kadmar River. The name "Kadmar" is said to originate from the Northadi word "kuag mahrey" which means "waters of might". This river was an important communication route between the harbour of Magenta and the innerlands.
Precolonial time The ingerish colonial period
In 1764, an ingerish galleon approaches this part the Anteraphian coast that will become the Kadmar Colony and enters the estuary of the Kadmar River to establish a settlement on its shores. It's there where the city of Magenta will be founded and choosen as capital of the ingerish colony.
The birth of Leresso On May 19th of 1849 Ingerland grants independence to Kadmar that takes then the name of Leresso. The city of Aludres in the province of Palomar, more central and a little more appart from the colonial influence becomes the new capital of the Country. On that time, the Province of Magenta and the Province of Rhoddanton wich correspond to what is now West Kadmar remain under ingerish influence but Magenta looses importance year after year after the seat of the Government moves to Aludres.
The Province of West Kadmar, the vestige of a vanished colony In 1975 under the growing pressure of the ingerish majority in the two Western provinces community, the Government of Leresso grants semi-autonomy to this territory and creates the "Semi-Autonomous Province Of West Kadmar" with Magenta as provincial capital.
The geographie of the Province is pretty diverse and presents different types of landscapes from the coast to the hills. The main rivers crossing this territory are the Kadmar River in the North and the Valerian River in the South.
The colony was divided in three main regions :
The colony had, more or less the same border as Leresso and West Kadmar but was more extended on the North side of the Kadmar River.
Law and judicial system
The colony of Kadmar was a strategic military location on the Antarephian continent in the late 18th century on the west coast. The climate was also ideal, so military posts were established, the oldest of which that is still in operation being Avanaugh Military Base west of Montecari, founded January 17th, 1772.
Traffic keeps to the right side of the road. The province is crossed by two motorways the A2 (leading to Aludres) and the A21 (leading to Desai)
The colonial Flags
The flag of Kadmar has been used until 1849
|Countries of the World|