List of medieval fortifications in Antharia

From OpenGeofiction Encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

This list contains all the medieval cities and castles in Antharia which still exist today.

Name in Romanish Original name First mentioned in Notes
Fortul Sfânta Cruce ... Arai Don ~350 AD The Geanina "Holy Cross" fort is one of the oldest Hellanesian fortifications built in Central Uletha.
Fortăreața Adakalé Álbâ Carôlínê 1400 Adakalè Island was donated in the 18th century to the Turquese minority in Antharia, being since then the cultural hub of the Turquese population of the country.
Cetatea de la Bruzari cu Kremlin Чєтáтѣ Брꙋџáриʌѡр 1434 The Bruzari Fortress is the oldest still preserved medieval fortification in Romany. As most Romanish fortifications, it is built around a central church, called Kremlin. 200m far to the east, there is another, smaller castle, which has been used as an observation point.
Cetatea Niculeștilor Gêdánlê 1459 Gêdánlê was one of the most secure towns in Antharia, still preserving its original appearance from the 16th century.
Cetatea Vâlcești Válêsiî 1523 Válêsiî was between 1612-1797 the capital of Antharia. The fortification is now part of today's old town of Vâlcești.
Citadela de la Slobozia Slôbódê 1528 Very small and compact citadel (diameter around 100m/350ft), built in the middle of the Antharian woods, initially serving as a hidden retreat for the Antharian army. Now it is part of the Old Town of Slobozia.
Cetatea Sturdzei Dmétriî 1577 Between 1702 and 1916, Dmétriî was the royal residence in case of war. In 1990, the town as been voted as the most beautiful location in Antharia.
Cetatea Mahena Mâhénê 1583 One of the best fortified Antharian fortresses and the most important Antharian military base in the 17th century. It protected the Gulf of Barodyn of enemy war ships. Today the old fortress is preserved at 15%.
Cetățuia Gămun Gámôn 1616 Small fort located on an island next to the Mahena Fortress. In 1647, the fort had the biggest cannon in the Antharian Kingdom. In 1802, the fort was destroyed by the Quartian army. Today, the island still preserves underground tunnels and the North Tower.