National University of Jardinia
|National University of Jardinia|
|• General campuses||Gibalbar and Dosén|
|• Regional campuses||Abidom, Cenoba, El Espartizal, Llano de San Jorge, Naú and Treana|
|Colours||Purple and green|
The National University of Jardinia (Castellanese: Universidad Nacional de Jardinia) is a public university in Jardinia, with general campuses in Mondeonís, Gibalbar and Dosén, and regional campuses in Abidom, Cenoba, El Espartizal, Llano de San Jorge, Naú and Treana. It was founded in 1963 and is the only university in the country, with around 14,000 students, 500 professors and 400 researchers and PhD investigators.
In the late 1990s and 2000s, the university was among the highest ranked in Antarephia, but the economic and social crisis has discredited the quality of the university. Nevertheless, thousands of foreign students still study at the National University of Jardinia.
The university has three general campuses (Mondeonís, Gibalbar and Dosén) and six regional campuses (Abidom, Cenoba, El Espartizal, Llano de San Jorge, Naú and Treana). The rectorate and main offices are located in Mondeonís, so it is considered the central campus.
Campus of Mondeonís
The Campus of Mondeonís is located in the borough of Ciudad Universitaria.
Campus of Gibalbar
The Campus of Gibalbar is located in the borough of Tahona. It holds a vice-rectorate and has the following faculties:
- Faculty of Biological and Environmental Sciences
- Faculty of Economics and Business
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Nursing
- Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry
- Faculty of Physics and Mathematics
- Faculty of Political Sciences and Sociology
Apart from the main campus, there is a secondary campus in the Ciudad de la Automoción, where the Superior School of Automobile Engineering is located.
Campus of Dosén
The Campus of Dosén is located in the borough of La Cementera.
Campus of Abidom
The Campus of Abidom is located in Ciudad Obido. It has the following faculties:
- Faculty of Fine Arts
- Faculty of Humanities
- Faculty of Languages
Campus of El Espartizal
The Campus of Abidom is located next to the hospital. It has the following faculties:
- Faculty of Informatics
- Superior School of Agronomy
- Superior School of Forestry Engineering
- Superior School of Telecommunications Engineering
Campus of Naú
The Campus of Naú is located in the borough of Quéjar. It has the following faculties:
- Faculty of Chemical and Geological Sciences
- Superior School of Mining and Energy Engineerings
Campus of Treana
The Campus of Treana is located in the borough of Lúnderos. It has the following faculties:
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Antonio Casafuerte, politician and war hero.
- Rigoberto Quesada, doctor and medical researcher.
- Manuel Rojas, president of Jardinia between 2008 and 2019.
- Antonia Zorrilla, writer and poetess.