New Winn Bay (Municipality)
|Z13, -46.8649 °S, 46.6080 °E|
|New Winn Bay|
|Municipality in Winn|
|Capital||New Winn Bay|
|Highways||N4, [N12 (Winn)|
|Train station||New Winn Bay Central Station, New Winn Bay Billhack Station, Westmynne Station, Marlon-Saint Salls Station, Millten Station|
New Winn Bay is a municipality in the south of Caspica, in Winn. It is the most populated municipality of the barony, and contains the city of New Winn Bay, as well as several smaller towns and villages.
Historically, the area of New Winn Bay used to be comprised of several small villages, most of which are recognizable as modern day neighbourhoods of the city, such as Kerkiry, Shingby, Cerrumcar, Ittlefront, Littbury, Toppen and Billhack. The five first mentioned villages especially clumped together to form a coherent urban centre around Cerrumcarr. In 1908, the inhabitants of this city, up to now known as either New Kerkiry, or, by non-Kerkirians, New Bay Winn, as the collection of villages was the primary urban area in the Winnster part of New Bay, saw the municipalities that comprised it vow to fuse under the name New Winn Bay. As the name of a municipality, the name New Winn Bay was adopted as the new name of the fusion municipality of Kerkiry, Littbury and Ittle and Shingby, in 1912, as the various villages in this area had begun to grow together into an urban area.
With the fusion of Kerkiry, Littbury and Ittle and Shingby into the new municipality of New Winn Bay in 1912, work on a true city centre could begin. The municipality at this point contained the city's neighbourhoods of Shingby, Kerkiry, Cerrumcarr, Littbury and Ittlefront, as well as the independent villages of Sipphere and Westmynne. Sipphere wasn't included in the unification of the city due to its distance from the others, while Westmynne stayed its own village due to it having received historical city rights in 1810. The relatively small village centre of Cerrumcarr was cleared in 1916, eventually becoming the location the centre of the city was built on. In 1922, the municipality of Toppen was added to the municipality, to fully envelop Lake Ittle, and expand the city, which was designated to be the new capital of the barony by the barony council. At this point, the seat of the barony was still in Quantham. In 1925, the municipality of Hiplair was added to New Winn Bay. This was done partly to help develop the growing city, and partly due to the fact that the majority of the population of Hiplair had moved to the city, and the small village of Seyll, which also belonged to this municipality, wasn't large enough to sustain an entire municipality. In 1947, the village of Billhack was the newest acquiry, originally retaining its status as a seperate village, but in 1957 becoming the newest neighbourhood of the city. The municipality of Billhack also contained the ground on which in the 80s the neighbourhood of Seffix was built. In 1985, the municipality of Millten and Cathan was partially added to New Winn Bay, as it had become too small to continue as a municipality, with Millten becoming part of New Winn Bay, while Cathan was annexed by Diskwolde. In 1990, the municipality of Saint Salls befell the same fate, adding not only Saint Salls, but also Marlon, and the villages of Thimbridge and Thimmuth to the municipality, the latter two of which had formed the municipality of Thimberland until 1994. In 1990, the municipality of Ayebury also was partitioned between its neighbours, and the villages of Loggham, Ayebury and Ginningburgh also became part of the municipality.
The largest population centre in the municipality is naturally New Winn Bay.
|New Winn Bay||48430|
The municipality is bordered by the N4 highway in the west, which has two exits leading into the municipality, one at Seyll, for the north of the city and Billhack, and one at Sipphere, which leads into the New Ring and Northern Ring, as well as the Southern Highway. The exit at Seyll turns into the K50, which serves as a central corridor for the city of New Winn Bay, into the heart of the city. From there, the K68 goes eastward towards Marlon and Thimbridge, towards Ayebury, and the K4 goes westwards towards Virasport and Woodhom. Additionally, the N12 has an exit at Billhack, just south of Millten, which feeds into the K68, for travel between Millten and Marlon.
The municipality has five train stations, amongst which one intercity train station, New Winn Bay Central. In addition to this, on the Paulitz Line lies Westmynne Station and Marlon-Saint Salls Station, in their respective villages. Lastly, on the line upwards toward The Loam lie Billhack Station, built in 1955, and Millten Station. Trains connect the municipality with Chaining, Paulitz, Diskwolde and further north with the rest of the national network.
|City:||New Winn Bay|
|Villages:||Ayebury · Ginningburgh · Loggham · Marlon · Saint Salls · Seyll · Sipphere · Thimbridge · Thimmuth · Westmynne|
|Hamlets:||Aynhire · Copperburgh · Ellison · Hidship · Jameson Junction · Outholt · Overwood · Pallcheat · Wormbane · Zale · Zale-Bridge|
|Neighbourhoods:||Billhack · Cattertown · City Centre · Ittlefront · Katya · Kerkiry · Littbury · New Hiplair · Seffix · Shingby · Toppen|