Stanton is the largest city in the state of New Carnaby in the eastern part of the Federal States. On an area of 1358.15 km² total live 8 501 861 inhabitants. 196.79 km² is water, the land area of Stanton is 1161.36 km².
- 1 Geography
- 2 History
- 3 Famous Mayors of Stanton
- 4 Culture
- 5 Infrastructure
- 6 Boroughs (and Counties of New Carnaby)
- 7 Sports
The Stanton area most is flat. There are only few hills. Highest hills are the Green Hill (Weybirton) with 42 m, the Cathill (Bronzeville) with 37 m and Mellon Hill and Spruntly Hill (both in Meadows, both 36 m).
Stanton is bordered by the cities of Ann'harbor to the south, Old Trappard at the other side if the bay to the east and Warwick to the north-east on the other side of the river. In the west we have the more rurual counties of Westham and Aldergate on the flat land near the Carnaby River.
The boroughs Meadows and Bruchline both lay on an island between the Carnaby River and the Alder River, a branch of the Carnaby River. The borough Manheart - the center of the town, also lay on an island between Alder River and Falcon River. On the mainland are the three boruoghs of Bronzeville, Southside and Weybirton.
1610 a small vilage was founded at the eastern end of the Manheart Island. The importance of the place lay in his sheltered harbour. Around 1700 the village grow til the Brick Street - named after the wall from brick stones. Around the town meanwhile lay the towns of Bronzeville and Weybirton and some rurual villages like Perisher, Smithwick, Barnston, Sinclair, Hormans Forge, Alderbrook, Placton, Eppenham, Kenver, Perlinter, Poplar or Asperton - today all incorporated in the area of Stanton City.
As in the second half of the 19th century more and more people come to Stanton, for wide areas of rurual land are planed blocks, to build tenements. At different places, at different times and from diferent authorities street grids are created. The streets there are named with numbers - the rectangled running "avenues" sometimes have an individual names.
- in Manheart = Streets from 1 to 100 running east to west, avenues have numbers too
- in Southside = Streets from 1 to 100 South running east to west, avenues have names from A to Z with female prenomes
- in Bruchlinie = Streets from 1 to 74 East, running east to west, avenues are named "row" and have numbers
- in Bruchlinie and Meadows = Streets from 1 to 169 North, running southeast to northwest, avenues have individual names
- in Meadows = Streets from 170 to 279 North, running south to north, avenues have indivdual names
- in Bronzeville = Streets from 1 to 140 West, running southest to northwest, avenues are named after birds or trees or have indivdual names, streets 1 to 50 partly have irregular pattern.
If someone only says "34th Street" is meaned the street in Manheart. If you mean this street directly, you also can say "34th Street Central".
Famous Mayors of Stanton
- 1878 - 1892 Edward Jennings - in his time the New Road, the New Square and the Southside Bridge are buildt
- 1913 - 1921 and 1933 -1941 Paul Fiorino - see special article
- 1925 - 1933 John Hylhanny - founding of the SMS, the city-owned Stanton Municipal Subway, opened 1931
- Bronzeville Culture Center with Apollo Theatre, Art Gallery and Concert Hall - see 
- Commedia at Vignoles Place in Southside - see 
- Darcodian "Gip" Theatre in Southside - see 
- Odeon Theatre in Southside (near the Station) - see 
- OP/NT (Old Pier/ New Theater) in Manheart - see 
- Smithwick Classic Theatre in Bruchlinie - see 
- Stanton Opera House in Midtown Manheart (14th Street / Central Avenue) - see 
- Archaeologic Museum in Astera - see 
- Childrens Mueums in Bruchline - see 
- Ethnographic Museum at Uletha Circle, Bruchlinie - see 
- Mammouth Museum in Bronzeville (praehistoric excavations) - see 
- Stanton Acquarium in Manheart - see 
- Stanton Subway Museum in Bruchline - see 
- Stanton New Art Museum in Manheart - see 
- Stanton Town Developement Museum in Southside - see 
- Bronzeville Adviser (founded 1799, conservative but investigative, local importance) - see 
- News of the day (liberal, more sport as in the "Herald") - see 
- Stanton Evening (conservative, is normally published 6:00 a.m.) - see 
- Stanton Herald (liberal, nationwide importance,since 1882) - see 
- Today ("boulevard"-newspaper) - see 
Today Stanton has two airports
- Stanton International Airport for international or intercontinental flights
- Fiorino International Airport for flights in the FSA or Southern Archanta
The first airfield in Tosterglope, used til 1928, since then is changed to a park with a museum for aircraft poineers. An other former airfield lay near Hunters Hide in Bruchlinie.
From Stanton start and in and around Stanton run the state-streets 1, 4 to 29 and 41 of New Carnaby. Motorways FS-1, FS-11, FS-13, FS-20 and FS-22 run through or around Stanton.
Stanton has one of the greatest subway-nets worldwide with 24 lines about over 900 km lenght. Details see at Stanton Subway.
Main-line railways in Stanton terminated from north or northwest at the Union Station (northern division) and from the south or west at the Southern Station (southern division). For thrugoing trains connections between both stations are in use. This trains can stop at the Union Station or the Southern Station or at both. Other main-line stops are in Bronzeville, Astera, Southcross or Trucenton. Beside this passanger tracks additional tracks for freight trains are in use. Main operator for regional traffic in New Carnaby in the west and south of Stanton is the New Carnaby Metronome Railway.
From both railway-stations - Union Station and Southern Stations - a net of commuter-lines spread out in the outer parts of the city and the counties in the neighborhood or to the state of Penquisset. Details see Stanton Northern Commuter and Stanton Southern Link. An independent commuter-line is the SWC (Stanton Warwick Connector) between Stanton Downtown and Warwick Main Station.
First railway in Stanton was a line from Pitcher Street in Southside via the Ann'harbor way to Belleville along the Central Avenue (in that time the southen end of town) to the port of Belleville. This line opened 1839. Now on this route run the subway-line 5.
Stanton has several Bus-Terminals
- Bronzeville for the northwestern local directions
- Manheart Central for long distance routes and to Huntington
- Smithwick Junction for the northeast directions
- Southern Station for the western and southern directions
- Weybirton Station for southern local destinations
Boroughs (and Counties of New Carnaby)
|Name||km² (1)||sq mi (1)||inhabitants||each km²||each sq mi||city admin-code||map hall||map courts||tel-code||ZIP-Code||map||remark|
|Bronzeville||265.21||102.40||1 955 804||7 440||19 250||BV or 2||||||yyy||11020 - 11029|||
|Bruchlinie||154.76||59.75||1 678 437||10 845.4||28 091.0||BL or 3||||||yyy||11030 - 11039|||
|Manheart||51.66||19.95||634 673||12 288.6||31 813.2||MA or 1||||||yyy||11000 - 11019|||
|Meadows||168.50||65.16||1 243 671||7 380.8||19 086.4||ME or 4||||||yyy||11040 - 11049|||
|Southside||163.86||63.27||1 743 604||10 691.3||27 558.1||S or 5||||||yyy||11050 - 11059|||
|Weybirton||339.55||131.10||1 245 672||3 668.6||9 501.7||W or 6||||||yyy||11060 - 11069|||
|whole city||1 161.36||441.63||8 501 861||7 320.6||19 251.1||||||11000 - 11069|
(1) only the land area
Before the arriving of settlers, the Bronzeville area was temporal forests covering the hilly area between the Falcon River and the Alder River. The Eppenham Forest is the last remnant of these woods. Both the Alder River in the north and the Falcon River in the south, were situated next to broad stripes of wetland, bushland and grass. Highest point of the borough is Cathill with an elevation of 37 m.
In the formerly rural area of the county small villages such as Eppenham, Placton, Ottermarsh or Alderbrook were founded. In 1738 the township of Bronzeville was established. In Bronzeville many factories for metal-working were erected to service business in the city of Manheart, on the green meadows. In few years Bronzeville grew to a hightly industrial town comprised mainly of factories and working-class houses, often occupied by financial non-solvent families. During the surge in the use of railroads in the 1850ies Bronzeville was able to achieve many important industrial landmarks. Meanwhile, along the rivers and in the hills, the upper class of Manheart built summer-houses, villas and great private parks. Some of these parks have survived to this day.
The first planned grid of streets was done on rural land in Bronzeville 1827. In the next few decades more grids of streets were layed out in Astera, New Astera, New Bronzeville and Eppenham. In 1864 the rest of the bourough was divided into planning blocks with the so called "great street grid" (see graphic) which included streets numbered from "50th Street West" to "142nd Street West".
(... more text ...)
Beginning in the 1870ies first elevated railways from Manheart reach the Bronzeville area and the dense urbanisation overflow the former rural nature. The great Eppenham Forest changed to a rectangular street-grid and Eppenham and the new founded Astera become towns of more than 200 000 inhabitants.
1898 the county of Bronzeville was merged together with other counties to the city of Stanton and since then Bronzeville is one ot the borough of Stanton.
After the consumption of Bronzeville into the city of Stanton in the year 1898, the former boundaries between the towns and villages of the county only had historical importance. Nevertheless, in the public there are old towns and neighborhoods to be known as important names and places..
- Produce Terminal Market North (New Astera)
- Bronze Brew (New Bronzeville)
- Haustin Metal Works (Bronzeville)
- Mechtersen Kitchen Steel (Bronzeville)
- Fletcher, Guardini and Rosenbaum (Bronzeville)
- Nursery Dehonour (Flatland Bow)
- Crygger Cast Iron Ornaments (near Ortolan Square)
County tree planting programm of 2010: In 2011, in order to increase air quality and mitigate pollution, Bronzeville initiated a massive program to plant rows of trees whereever there was empty space.. In the eastern area of Eppenham, the county additionally constructed a municipal nursery. Private citizens or companies that plant an evergreen tree receive a bonus of 50 $, if the tree grows to at least 10 years old, and they shall get an additional 100 $, iff the tree is maintained until 25 years of age. Most trees are planted in rows at schools to educate children on the importance of responsible environment management.
As in the other counties of Stanton-City, Bronzeville has a dense network of 22 fire-brigades. Brigades #1 and #20 are the main watchpoints for the southern and eastern areas, and the northern and western areas of Bronzeville, respectively. Often the fire department buildings also house local police stations
Worth to see
- The Last Penny - Oldest pub in the county, erected in 1783 next to the Alder River - see 
- The Zoo of Bronzeville at 
Stanton has three courses for horse-racing
- Hippodrome in Sinclair (Bruchlinie Boruogh) - see 
- Haggleton Race Course (Weybirton Borough) - see 
- Kenver Wets Race Course (Weybirton Borough) - see 
Nearby is the Daisy Hill racecourse in Belleville (Belleville County) - see  - reachable with the commuter railway via Belleville Main Station with stop in "Daisy Hill".
There are two football/soccer teams in Stanton. Stanton MetroCity FC, based in DeLand Field and Mall, a renewed pier in Midtown Manheart, current plays Unity Cup and Epoch League, the 1st tier of the professional league in FSA. New Carnaby Emperors, based in TBD Place, Southside, plays in the 2nd tier.
There are two gridiron teams in Stanton. Stanton Spirit and Stanton Yellow Cats share no-name-yet Stadium, in Northern End. Both playing in the national league.
Baseball is so much popular in Stanton. There are a lot of pitchs in several parks and schools in Stanton. Currently, there are two professional teams in the city limits, both playing the national league. Stanton Green Socks (SGS) is based in Manheart, representing the rich part of the city. Stanton Latinos, representing the immigrants (mainly from Latina), workers and lower classes in general, plays in North Bruchlinie, close to I-95 motorway.
There are two professional basketball teams in Stanton, both them sharing their arenas with ice hockey teams. Stanton Motion shares 1FABank Arena with Stanton Royals (ice hockey), in Bruchlinie downtown, close to the borough hall and Smithwick Junction station. In West Manheart, Stanton Pegasus shares Federal Airlines Center with Stanton Explorers (ice hockey).
There are two professional ice hockey teams in Stanton, both them sharing their arenas with basketball teams. Stanton Royals shares 1FABank Arena with Stanton Express (basketball), in Bruchlinie downtown, close to the borough hall and Smithwick Junction station. In West Manheart, Stanton Explorers shares Federal Airlines Center with Stanton Pegasus (basketball).