The Assembly of Nations List of World Monuments is an scheme to recognise and protect sites of outstanding human or natural significance to the world's culture and environment. The list was first proposed in 1955 and is still being added to.
This list contains the natural monuments, the other list the cultural monuments.
Note: No red links please
- 1: The monument represents a unique or rare natural phenomenon or landscape
- 1a: The monument is an endangered natural feature
- 3: The monument represents an outstanding and authentic example of a national or regional culture
- 4: The monument has an outstanding historical significance in world or national history
- 5: The monument has an outstanding significance to human memory
- 6: The monument has a strong link to significant scientific, geographic, technological or other human endeavour
The list is not meant to incorporate artworks or cultural objects: these are protected under a separate scheme.
- No = Monument is not currently threatened
- Watch = Monument is undergoing protective measures or is considered to be at some risk
- Risk = Monument has a current and significant danger to its survival
- Critical = Monument is in imminent danger of destruction or is currently in disrepair
List of sites
|| Classified threatened